OK TIRE Employee Reviews

Big customer base, but horrible management
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONFebruary 12, 2014
I worked here for 4 months and let me tell you, i was not happy at the Hamilton location. Within the first week i was hit by a car from another mechanic and screwed up my knees. They would not fill out an incident report. I was an apprentice and by law i need to have a licensed mechanic on the floor with me. I was forced to work alone for 3 hours with nobody there. I was cut under my eye and within 5 minutes it was so swollen i couldnt see and was pouring blood. Again they refused to report it. I was told i had to stay and finish my shift, which was another 6 hours. I do not recommend this place for apprentices, or licensed/journeyman mechanics. STAY AWAY
Pros
hour lunch.
Cons
horrible management, no heat.
Only for Co-op
Helper/Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONMarch 14, 2014
Great place to work, co-workers were nice and they would show me many new things. I had gotten more experience on cars and how they work. Hardest part of the job is working on mini vans, because everything seems a bit cluttered and the job takes more than enough time. Most enjoyable part is to replace old tires with new ones, since there is a lot of machines to assist with replacing tires, it makes the job more enjoyable.
Pros
machines
OK Tire
Office assistant (Former Employee) –  Lacombe, ABJune 12, 2012
At this job, I would help out with the office work. I would answer phone calls and take messages. I would also do mail deliveries and bank errands. My management was my family, so I got along well with them. Co-workers kept to themselves unless they had a question. There wasn't any hard part of this job. I caught on quickly. What I enjoyed most about this job was having to spend time with my family.
Excellent family owned and operated business
Commercial Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 29, 2015
Typical day includes visiting existing customer to see if they require more inventory. Cold call on new business to see if we can assist them in saving money through tire selection by developing a tire program.
Pros
no micro managing
Cons
highly competitive minimal buying power. Industry very price controlled
Labour
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Grand Falls, NBOctober 30, 2014
It's a great job, replacing windows and frames. But the boss's are very hard to work for, you're gone weeks at a time, if you have a family, i strongly advise you to look else where.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
foremen likes to laugh at labourers, others barely work.
Fun workplace with great people and work
Inventory (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONFebruary 19, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of working in the warehouse and helping my supervisor move and organize tires as well as clean up the warehouse and move tires to their designated spot. Great job and amazing people.
Pros
great management
Cons
seasonal
Fun workplace with fast paced environment
Automotive Service Tech Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Lacombe, AlbertaMay 19, 2015
Work was fast paced, learned to work efficiently. Worked alone sometimes, operated skid steer almost daily bringing tires in and out on pallets and doing other jobs with it.
very good place to work
Road Service Tire Technician / Service Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONMarch 22, 2013
i have never worked in a better place, all the people are great here and the atmosphere is also great
it is an ok place
driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 14, 2012
workers are fantastic
management is ok
the hardest part of this job is working really late in the winter months
Pros
we do get free lunch
love this company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, ABSeptember 28, 2015
family run company.

Great company great employees. Very welcoming rated one of the best places in Airdrie.

great place to work