OK TIRE Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
good enviroment
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 November 2016
great environment with good consistent work. i was able to be train with vehicles, tools and engine mechanics. learned and developed great mechanical skills that were helpful
Pros
fun work
Cons
noisy
Filing and answering phones
Part Time/Casual (Former Employee) –  Lacombe, AB28 October 2016
During the day I would answer phones and maintain a filing system that was used for parts and labour hours. Management was ok but they were sometimes rude in they're explanations. My co-workers ended up being very protective of me only because I was one of the only females working there at the time. I learned about the filing system and about the basics of customer service. My favorite part about this job had to have been when I answered the phones and got to learn about customer service.
Pros
got lunch every day
Productive and Comfortable
Auto Technician (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BC13 September 2016
• Diagnose and Repair
• Brakes and Drive Axles
• Welding
• Wheel Alignments
• Test Drive

Hardest part of the job:

• Issues with an employee

Most enjoyable part of the job:

• Co-workers
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No overtime
Excellent Work Place
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Rimbey, AB8 September 2016
The typical day @ Ok tire, was overall an enjoyable workplace. Offering steady work pace. And a great learning experience. The employees respected each other and the management was how it should be. The hardest part of the job was not being close to home but the most enjoyable part of the job was being paid to learn. And help others.
Pros
Store Discount
Cons
No clock out lunch breaks.
Overall fun and energetic challenging environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Stony Plain, AB2 August 2016
OK Tire has been a great place to grow my skills in the customer service field, its a fast paced environment with many challenging jobs and duties of all variety in the automotive industry. I manage the store in all its duties in the day to day operations, including team management of the co-workers and customer relations, inventory, and accounting. The hardest part of my job is managing time to accomplish all of my job duties, time management is a must. Most enjoyable part is seeing a satisfied customer leaving knowing they are happy with the service and the products I have gave them.
Pros
Do not work weekends
fun company
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Rimbey, AB18 June 2016
Fun company to work for if you don't mind getting dirty. they treat you like family and the job relies a lot on teamwork to get the job done as fast as possible.
Pros
good enviroment
It ok
Tire technician (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB26 February 2016
very good job to start off at when you don't know how to change tires. you must be patient. Very hard work but good in the end.
Fast paced work in a layed back environment.
Tire Repair Tech (Former Employee) –  Barrhead, AB25 November 2015
A enjoyable job for anyone who likes a fast paced work environment. and can keep busy with tasking oneself with helpful odd jobs and repairs around the shop during slower times and seasons.
Pros
Friendly management
Cons
Cold and dirty work in the winters when most busy.
love this company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB28 September 2015
family run company.

Great company great employees. Very welcoming rated one of the best places in Airdrie.

great place to work
Fun workplace with fast paced environment
Automotive Service Tech Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Lacombe, Alberta19 May 2015
Work was fast paced, learned to work efficiently. Worked alone sometimes, operated skid steer almost daily bringing tires in and out on pallets and doing other jobs with it.
Excellent family owned and operated business
Commercial Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 March 2015
Typical day includes visiting existing customer to see if they require more inventory. Cold call on new business to see if we can assist them in saving money through tire selection by developing a tire program.
Pros
no micro managing
Cons
highly competitive minimal buying power. Industry very price controlled
Fun workplace with great people and work
Inventory (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON19 February 2015
A typical day at work would consist of working in the warehouse and helping my supervisor move and organize tires as well as clean up the warehouse and move tires to their designated spot. Great job and amazing people.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Seasonal
Labour
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Grand Falls, NB30 October 2014
It's a great job, replacing windows and frames. But the boss's are very hard to work for, you're gone weeks at a time, if you have a family, i strongly advise you to look else where.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Foremen likes to laugh at labourers, others barely work.
Only for Co-op
Helper/Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON14 March 2014
Great place to work, co-workers were nice and they would show me many new things. I had gotten more experience on cars and how they work. Hardest part of the job is working on mini vans, because everything seems a bit cluttered and the job takes more than enough time. Most enjoyable part is to replace old tires with new ones, since there is a lot of machines to assist with replacing tires, it makes the job more enjoyable.
Pros
Machines
Cons
Big customer base, but horrible management
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 February 2014
I worked here for 4 months and let me tell you, i was not happy at the Hamilton location. Within the first week i was hit by a car from another mechanic and screwed up my knees. They would not fill out an incident report. I was an apprentice and by law i need to have a licensed mechanic on the floor with me. I was forced to work alone for 3 hours with nobody there. I was cut under my eye and within 5 minutes it was so swollen i couldnt see and was pouring blood. Again they refused to report it. I was told i had to stay and finish my shift, which was another 6 hours. I do not recommend this place for apprentices, or licensed/journeyman mechanics. STAY AWAY
Pros
Hour lunch.
Cons
Horrible management, no heat.
very good place to work
Road Service Tire Technician / Service Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON22 March 2013
i have never worked in a better place, all the people are great here and the atmosphere is also great
it is an ok place
driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 July 2012
workers are fantastic
management is ok
the hardest part of this job is working really late in the winter months
Pros
we do get free lunch
OK Tire
Office assistant (Former Employee) –  Lacombe, AB12 June 2012
At this job, I would help out with the office work. I would answer phone calls and take messages. I would also do mail deliveries and bank errands. My management was my family, so I got along well with them. Co-workers kept to themselves unless they had a question. There wasn't any hard part of this job. I caught on quickly. What I enjoyed most about this job was having to spend time with my family.