Petroleum Services, a division of Core Laboratories, is the world's largest and most technologically advanced independent provider of reservoir fluid and petrophysical services to the oil and gas industry. We provide data and services that characterize the porous reservoir rock and all three reservoir fluids - gas, oil and water.
We are currently seeking a talented individual to join our team.
POSITION: Chromatography Technician
DEPARTMENT: Routine Fluids Lab
TYPE: Full time
Conduct routine analyses of pressurized gas samples. Use correct methods in accordance with the established procedures and schedules while ensuring analytical quality. You must be able to demonstrate a sound understanding of gas and liquid chromatography. It is a distinct advantage to have experience in Chromatography and routinely using a LIMS system.
- Carry out all required data processing (calculations, review, entry, etc.).
- Carry out all required record-keeping & documentation.
- Perform all required quality control procedures.
- Perform instrument/equipment calibration, maintenance and repair as required.
- Prioritize lab activities in order to meet company and customer deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned by the Laboratory Supervisor.
- Bachelors of Science or Diploma in a Chemistry related field or equivalent
- 2 years combined related experience
- Mechanical aptitude and manual dexterity
- Experience with chromatography techniques and software
- Able to work in a fast paced, team and customer focused service environment
- Calibration of routine instruments
- Understanding of and commitment to producing quality data that meets our deadlines
- Experience keeping a laboratory notebook and writing laboratory procedures
- Ability to follow standard operating procedures
- Fast learner, able to recognize the need for non-standard procedures
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Be available for occasional overtime on an as needed basis.
- Weekend work may be required
- Shift work may be required.