Oil Changers Employee Reviews in Canada

Headache
Supervisor, lube tech, key holder (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 5, 2016
love my work no matter the job but sometimes the headache around the job isnt worth it meaning management and co workers if you cant get over certain co workers and how they act or run things this isnt a place for you to work
place is like slave driver trying to get you to make sales
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 15, 2016
forced to know more customer service than being good with cars. Also hires unqualified people,and gets new employees every month
Great work environement with a competitive attitude to be the best
Emission test inspector (Former Employee) –  OttawaJuly 14, 2015
Starting out at oil changer's i was taught very quickly how to change the oil of a vehicle , change the oil filter, check every fluid and other filter that i could find, in the quickest way possible. We had an average of 120 cars per day and all were done in about 10 minutes. In no time you become a pro , and learn to love that fast passed environment.

After doing oil changes for a couple months i was sent to do an Ontario issued test to become an emission test inspector. After i passed , my shifts consisted of being the only E-test ( emission test) inspector for the day or night. I was running my own little garage conducting safety tests on vehicles to identify the ones who would pass or not.

I loved working with cars and that competitive, fast passed environment. Most of my job was very enjoyable and i still love doing it to this day.
Pros
Working with cars, Fast passed competitive environment, great co-workers
Cons
Very hot during the summer, not enough hours
Great employers
Lube Technician (Supervisor) (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONDecember 30, 2014
Will do whatever they can for their team. Makes you appreciate it.
Pros
scheduling
Cons
extra hours
oil changers
Under hood Technician, Lead (Former Employee) –  Nepean, ONDecember 9, 2014
was a good learning experience and a fun way to get my foot in the door in the automotive industry, was well run and a nice environment
Pros
good people
Customer service (Part time - Co-op) (Current Employee) –  Nepean, ONOctober 24, 2014
It was busy and learnt to multitask at different stations. Great location, coworkers were nice and confident.
Pros
busy
Cons
lack of hours
Best work Experience
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 28, 2014
My days at Oil Changers was very enjoyable. I would go in during the afternoon and finish around 8. During the day we had 2 or 3 staff working on individual vehicles to help maintain them. I have learnt a lot from everyone that i worked with such as patience, handyman skills, how to control my emotions, how to read customers and understand them. There was no hard part to the job realistically. The most enjoyable part of the job is that everyone knew each other and helped each other when in time of need.
Pros
management, staff is like a family
Cons
non
very repetitive and high strung
Pit Manager / Technician (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ONFebruary 20, 2014
this job consisted of completing vehicle oil changes in less than 9 minutes and when requested to perform emission testing just as quickly.
Pros
easy job
Cons
no regulated breaks
it was a family run shop, I lasted six years till I realized that there was no growth.
Lube Technician & Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONApril 18, 2013
oil changers is a fast past oil and small mechanics shop, overall the job itself was good, i needed more for my future i began asking about moving up or getting more hours, i was brushed off and told once one comes available its yours. Once one came open the bosses son who has four years under me got the job. I took a look around and realized that all the staff was related and they all have moved up over time but my self.just didn't seem right. my family counts on me and this job was more of a job than a career.
Pros
mondays off
Cons
biasis
good
automobile maintenance (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 4, 2013
changenin oil and filters
how to change oil and filters
good
good
working in the hot day
working with cares
Cons
Serious with customers, less serious without
Courtesy/Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 23, 2013
The thing about Oil Changers is that you are confined to a small open area with the majority of people around you being male.

There is an incentive where you earn bonus and double bonus for servicing 70 and 80 cars a day with an average of 50$ a vehicle.Unlike Mr.Lube, we don't insist you buy engine flushes or wiper blades but we do offer you the option.

You also have the chance to get E-testing specialist and your hourly wage increases. Over time and if you have a good owner. I sure you will because people who own Oil changers become millionaires, they are going to gradually increase your wage to keep you on their team.

Interesting things that have happened were hearing and seeing Ferraris often. If your favorite car came in, you would be the one to e-test and or drive it on the lot. Boss always bought us McDonalds or Timhortons. Gave us candy during Halloween, we grew mustaches for Movember, we decorated the shop and over time we collect thank you letters of appreciation of how well we were in customer service. I would recommend everybody to visit Oil Changers for professional work and an easy 9 minutes of less fix to your vehicles life.
Pros
you'll learn alot about cars, good team work and an information database of car specs.
Cons
line ups happen and you can become busy for hours.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 19, 2012
Typical day at work clean up the store
i learned working with a team
The hardest part of the job is cranky customers
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with cars