OfficeMax Grand & Toy

OfficeMax Grand & Toy Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
People were nice to work with.. local staff cared about each other.
Sales (Former Employee), Winnipeg MBAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Great Customers, both internal and external . We were provided laptops and lots of vendor training.
Cons: Comp plans were adjusted every year causing salary to be less and less each year.
My goal was to be the best I could be, and made every effort to make that happen, with impressive results..

Senior mgmt changed often, and made lots of changes. Some good, and some not so good, which resulted in loss or successful long term associates and customers.

Co-workers got along well, and together we made the job fun by challenging each other. Results were overwhelming.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the long lasting friendships that I made with the customers. Some had moved on to new positions with another company and called me to continue our business relationship with their new company.
Not a company to work for.....
Director, FP&A (Former Employee), TorontoAugust 12, 2013
Cons: lack of communication, decision making and integrity in upper management
Lack of direction and new ideas.
Even though the non management team do their best to keep the company running, the management never take a decision. The company is going into a downward slope but management seems not to care...they only like to book tones of meeting to talk about irrelevant topics....too concern about getting their pay check and bonuses. But more importantly there is a lack of values.
As an example, I can tell my story when i was told that my position was closed due to financial distress; however 2 weeks after i was invited to leave the company (2013) and was pushed to sign a "release" paper (where i was committed not to sue the company in the future) , HR published my position with almost the same role......if you are planning to be part of Office max - Grand and Toy please think it twice.......
poor pay
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 8, 2013
Cons: poor pay
bad working environment, hiring freeze in place. They monitor your bathroom breaks. Ten cent raise once a year.