OfficeMax Grand & Toy

OfficeMax Grand & Toy Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
People were nice to work with.. local staff cared about each other.
Sales (Former Employee), Winnipeg MBAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Great Customers, both internal and external . We were provided laptops and lots of vendor training.
Cons: Comp plans were adjusted every year causing salary to be less and less each year.
My goal was to be the best I could be, and made every effort to make that happen, with impressive results..

Senior mgmt changed often, and made lots of changes. Some good, and some not so good, which resulted in loss or successful long term associates and customers.

Co-workers got along well, and together we made the job fun by challenging each other. Results were overwhelming.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the long lasting friendships that I made with the customers. Some had moved on to new positions with another company and called me to continue our business relationship with their new company.
Good Place to work
Customer Care Rep (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 24, 2014
Pros: great work/life balance
Cons: they require you to show up for work
The previous review was most likely from someone who was unable to show up for work on a regular basis. The Edmonton Centre is a great place to work and the Management Team is easy to work for - and they make it fun. There are some company wide decisions that they have no control over but in the end the Monday to Friday position is better than most Call Centres.
poor pay
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 8, 2013
Cons: poor pay
bad working environment, hiring freeze in place. They monitor your bathroom breaks. Ten cent raise once a year.