Oculus Transport Employee Reviews

My coworkers were good to work with
Driver (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB8 January 2018
My over all experience at this company was good, I got all the hours I wanted, as long as I wanted to work. Dispatch was usually easy to deal with, management was easy to talk to.
Pros
pay was good
I love working here!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB17 November 2017
Oculus is a great place to work, full of friendly and cooperative people. when an employee is in need, they help out as best they can to make sure their not struggling. So far my time here as been an adventure, learning new skills and growing with the company. by far the best place I have ever worked. every month it gets better and better. sure it has its flaws, but in my experience all companies do, at Oculus they are few and far between.
Pros
Fantastic people, continuously growing, variety of work
Great Work Culture
Oculus Transport (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB2 November 2017
Oculus Transport is a great working environment. I am glad that I ignored the poor reviews and accepted a position. You feel that you are a part of a team and that your work is appreciated.

There have been numerous improvements made to ensure that all employees feel welcome and supported. Everyone, including upper management, has made it a priority that Oculus employees thrive.
Pros
Staff BBQ's, Flexibility, Fun Co-Workers
Excellent organzation!!!
Managment (Former Employee) –  Calgary1 November 2017
Great place to work at! I found my experience at Oculus to be great. The schedule flexibility was a big asset for me as you are not confined to a strict schedule, but are measured and rewarded by the work you do instead! The corporate culture was great and Oculus did anything they could do to accommodate my needs. I had no issues with management or any specific department. Great company to work for and I would highly recommend to anybody.
Pros
Flexible, Caring, Growth
Great Company
Communications (Former Employee) –  Calgary1 November 2017
I very much enjoyed my time at Oculus Transport and I am grateful I was given the opportunity to work there. The company is still relatively new, with lots of ambition for growth and expansion meaning the opportunities are there if you are motivated go after them. The founder and CEO is an incredibly successful business man, with years of experience so I have no doubt this company will succeed for many years to come.
Pros
Great collegaues
Would not recomend
Employee (Current Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC11 October 2017
Poor management. The environment is welcoming in the beginning but that won't last. Team player means something totally different to management. I've worked here for 4 years and have seen many different faces come through the door. They can and have fired many people without cause. I wouldn't recommend working here to anyone. When I find another job I'm running out the door.
Pros
Cons
Many
Family orientated, professional and exciting future
Oculus Transport (Current Employee) –  Oculus Transport20 September 2017
Oculus Transport has been a amazing experience for me over the last 3 years, like any business Management and Leadership had some hurdles but the current staff has been working extremely hard at sorting those issues out. I feel the company has a very bright future ahead and some excellent people to work along side. Oculus works with me on all of my personal/family issues because they value all employees and understand that we all have things we need to tend to from time to time. Its a great place to call home away from home and I wake up in the morning's excited for work, Career's are not just what they are laid out to be but are what you make out of them!
Pros
Shop BBQ's, flexibility, fun staff
Lack of communication
Lead Hand/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC14 September 2017
Equipment maitenance poor morale cause of wage benefit cuts which were partially payed from the start lterminated for reasons unexplained to me left without incedent
Pros
Descent employees
Cons
Undereducated management
Okay place to work
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC8 March 2017
An alright work experience, management could use some work, a lot of favouritism within the company itself. Also a lot of disorganization between dispatch and yard personal.
Good company would work there agian for sure
Float hand (Former Employee) –  British Columbia10 November 2016
All around ggood place to work and learn various things about pipe an running loader the hardest part of the job would be having to be out side in the elements for moat of the day an some days consisted of long hours when on call to load trucks
Pros
Lunch/breakfast for meetings
Cons
Miss communication within the company
Worst place I have worked
Intermediate Accountant/Payroll and Benefit Adm (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta22 January 2015
Five controllers in three years should tell you something.

Very few lines on the balance sheet had or could be supported with documentation

No cash flow controls - went through money faster than free beer at a BBQ

If not a friend/family member your days working for this company will fall a few days short of three month probationary period. This is the accepted method of operation.
Pros
You can wear blue jeans to work
Cons
You can wear blue jeans to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oculus Transport. Our community is ready to answer.

Oculus Transport Reviews by Location