Oculus is a creative, dynamic group specializing in tailored visual analytics software research, design and development for key clients in government and industry. We are world leaders in design and implementation of high end visualization applications utilizing 2D and 3D graphics with advanced user interface concepts. Ongoing projects at Oculus include design and development for a variety of mobile platforms, large interactive displays, mapping and GIS, desktop software, and interactive web applications. Our software is used all over the world and has won numerous awards including five IEEE Visual Analytics Science and Technology (VAST) contests since 2006.
We are seeking several talented software developers with a passion for creating excellent user-facing software. You should bring creativity and vision to the projects you work on and be able to act independently or as part of a small agile team of similarly skilled individuals. While an eye for design is important, it is not a requirement. By joining Oculus you will be working out of our downtown Toronto loft-style office with a team of results driven people on all kinds of interesting challenges.
A successful candidate should meet the following requirements:
- Use agile methodologies to develop, test, debug and integrate user-facing software solutions on a variety of target hardware platforms
- Work closely with product designers to define and refine functional requirements
- Research and apply appropriate solutions to open-ended technical problems
Required Skills and Experience:
- Creative problem solving and initiative
- Experience with HTML5 Canvas, SVG, web maps, and other web-based visualization technologies
- Proficiency in Java, or other OO language experience
- Solid software engineering skills including design patterns and modular system design
- Experience building large applications with rich user interfaces
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics
- An interest in visualization and HCI concepts such as user-centered design
- Modular, extensible API / library design experience
- 2D and/or 3D graphics development experience
- Working knowledge of statistics, pattern detection, and/or artificial intelligence
- Experience with web services including SOAP, REST, AtomPub, and RPC protocols and associated development frameworks (JAX-WS, JAX-RS, Restlet, etc)
- Masters degree
The compensation for this role is competitive. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. You must be able to meet Security Clearance Requirements including a police background check.
For more information about Oculus, visit our website at http://www.oculusinfo.com/
Indeed - 15 months ago