Octagon Employee Reviews

Account Trainee, BMW Western Region, CA (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA8 November 2016
I enjoyed working for this company. It is an award winning marketing firm and I enjoy the clients and people I work with. The atmosphere is great, I also get the benefit to travel which is a great experience.
Good Company Poor upper management
Senior Account Executive, Events and Hospitality (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CT29 August 2016
good company to learn at. Bad company to try to build a stable career. The pay for entry level employees is almost impossible to sustain any type of life in the area
Pros
good learning environment
Cons
poor pay
The salary i got frm this company they really enabled me for survival at Nairobi and paying school fees for our sisters and brothers who are at high s
security officer (Former Employee) –  At kastemil schools.11 August 2016
I actually enjoyed the job ever since. I was always punctual and self supervised. Was able to tackle all the challenges I passed thru until I adptoted them.
Pros
we ever given monthly off wich i ever enjoyed
Cons
Lucky of defence weapons more so when it comes to night shift duty
Great People, but hard work
Operations Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Rogers, AR23 July 2016
The staff at Octagon is full of great people with extremely high work ethic. They work long hours and rarely complain. They are an elite sports marketing company who's events are second to none.
Pros
Cool stuff from sponsors
Cons
Long days
Constantly busy, always something to do.
technician (Former Employee) –  Maine31 January 2016
Can get cold during the winter months, but loved the job otherwise. Great people and great work environment. Would recommend to others.
Fun, opportunity for travel
Trainee (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CT18 November 2015
Good company, great people and a lot of perks with work, low compensation and long hours. Octagon gives the opportunity to work with several corporate brands and get great account management and client service experience.
Good to start your career, but not for the long haul
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Rogers, AR16 November 2015
Depending on your account it can be a very fun position. It's great to start out your career because you get some great experience. Like most sports marketing positions pay is not great. I do feel like they struggle to train new talent. It's very much a sink or swim mentality.
Pros
Fun Young Culture
Cons
Low pay
Enjoyable workplace and fantastic people
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Farnborough, ENG9 November 2015
A typical day at work would be to unpack the equipment from the van, move the equipment to the actual work place, we would then get instructed on what needs to be done and then get to work.

I've learned how to operate heavy machinery in a safe way to prevent causing accidents in the work place. Iv learned how to effectively work in a team and communicate with my co-workers.

The management was helpful, always there to show us how to do something if we needed it.

My co-workers tough me a lot about sight working, we all got along and had a laugh while at work. We co-operated well and were a great working team.

Operating heavy machinery was the hardest part of the job, especially learning how to operate them.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working in a team with lovely people which made every job easier.
company with great success and happiness ,work commitment
IT Officer (Former Employee) –  Baghdad12 October 2015
stick to job tasked instantly , I had learned to be a job commitment
and got an experience for many software , the was a great respect ,work commitment and sense of hummer among the co-workers in the brake, the hardest part is when the employer in rush and should finish the task so quickly. the most enjoyable part is the great relations among the other employees.
Large agency that can provide great experience
Senior Account Executive, Events and Hospitality (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CT31 August 2015
Octagon is a large agency that has great clients. It offers people who are new to the industry great opportunities to learn the business of sports marketing. However the way they treat their employees in some cases is not the best, being a large agency sometimes good quality work is overlooked.
Very fun workplace environment
Sports Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CT23 May 2015
I loved interning at Octagon, it was a great place to work and what I did really mattered. My boss was very fair and intelligent and it made it easy to work for her
Old School sports agency - very traditional
Account Director (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CT6 May 2015
Big name clients, lots of opportunities to work on interesting projects and a foot in the door in the sports industry.

Very traditional and homogenous culture - being a cultural fit is more important than performance. Does not pay well.
Pros
healthcare, PTO, summer Fridays, big name clients
Cons
fitting in is more important, homogenous
Good place to start career
Account Trainee (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, ct13 April 2015
Octagon is a solid company, which is great for those starting their career as I did.

Octagon has a culture like no other and the employees are relatively young.
Work hard, play hard mentality
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC24 March 2015
Good structure and great coworkers. Learned client management skills, budgeting and event management. My managers always had my best interest in mind.
account manager
Event Coordinator BMW Account Team (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CT4 March 2015
Position was held in Norwalk CT. Traveled and set up ride and drive events for BMW. Responsiblities event set up and take down, and event reporting.
Pros
travel
Cons
travel
Great exposure and experience
Event Trainee (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CT26 January 2015
Awesome company. Employees are very organized. Management structure is very effective. Great company culture. Represents fortune 500 companies.
Pros
Great benefits and exposure
Cons
Long travel hours for those who like to travel long distance.
Fun company to work work
CRM Manager (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CT21 January 2015
Good company to work for. Lots of interesting clients/projects to work on. Fun office environment.
Pros
Fun, co-workers
Cons
Salary
N/A
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  breckenridge, CO26 December 2014
Consulting Agency - Sports Marketing Focused

Multiple Clients including, Sprint, Bank of America, Johnson and Johnson, Mastercard, BMW, Lexus, LG, Home Depot, Sirus XM

Offices in Norwalk, CT, Chicago, IL, Charlotte, NC, Atlanta GA, NYC, LA
Good Company
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CT1 December 2014
Good company to start working for. Young people, fun happy hours.
Very young office
BMW Product Specialist, GKL+ (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CT30 November 2014
Great place to work for a young professional. Everyone is relaxed and professional. Jobs get done and it is a very positive place to work.
Pros
Travel