Octagon Employee Reviews

Fun, opportunity for travel
Trainee (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTNovember 18, 2015
Good company, great people and a lot of perks with work, low compensation and long hours. Octagon gives the opportunity to work with several corporate brands and get great account management and client service experience.
Good to start your career, but not for the long haul
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARNovember 16, 2015
Depending on your account it can be a very fun position. It's great to start out your career because you get some great experience. Like most sports marketing positions pay is not great. I do feel like they struggle to train new talent. It's very much a sink or swim mentality.
Pros
Fun Young Culture
Cons
Low pay
Enjoyable workplace and fantastic people
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Farnborough, ENGNovember 9, 2015
A typical day at work would be to unpack the equipment from the van, move the equipment to the actual work place, we would then get instructed on what needs to be done and then get to work.

I've learned how to operate heavy machinery in a safe way to prevent causing accidents in the work place. Iv learned how to effectively work in a team and communicate with my co-workers.

The management was helpful, always there to show us how to do something if we needed it.

My co-workers tough me a lot about sight working, we all got along and had a laugh while at work. We co-operated well and were a great working team.

Operating heavy machinery was the hardest part of the job, especially learning how to operate them.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working in a team with lovely people which made every job easier.
Great People, but hard work
Operations Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARJuly 23, 2016
The staff at Octagon is full of great people with extremely high work ethic. They work long hours and rarely complain. They are an elite sports marketing company who's events are second to none.
Pros
Cool stuff from sponsors
Cons
Long days
Constantly busy, always something to do.
technician (Former Employee) –  MaineJanuary 31, 2016
Can get cold during the winter months, but loved the job otherwise. Great people and great work environment. Would recommend to others.
Revolving Door
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJuly 18, 2014
Great opportunities are available for recent college grads to work on national marketing campaigns. Unfortunately, beyond that it is quite a revolving door. Entry and mid level employees seem to last no more than 2-3 years unless they advance quickly (which is really rare) due to lack of competitive salaries and benefits, poor communication from management and poor work-life balance.
Great exposure and experience
Event Trainee (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJanuary 26, 2015
Awesome company. Employees are very organized. Management structure is very effective. Great company culture. Represents fortune 500 companies.
Pros
great benefits and exposure
Cons
long travel hours for those who like to travel long distance.
company with great success and happiness ,work commitment
IT Officer (Former Employee) –  BaghdadOctober 12, 2015
stick to job tasked instantly , I had learned to be a job commitment
and got an experience for many software , the was a great respect ,work commitment and sense of hummer among the co-workers in the brake, the hardest part is when the employer in rush and should finish the task so quickly. the most enjoyable part is the great relations among the other employees.
Good place to start career
Account Trainee (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, ctApril 13, 2015
Octagon is a solid company, which is great for those starting their career as I did.

Octagon has a culture like no other and the employees are relatively young.
Octagon Review
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCJuly 23, 2014
Good work environment, learn event management skills and budget management, good supervisors, great co-workers

A lot of travel, long hours, little reward, low compensation

Most enjoyable is the experience of leading major events
Pros
culture
Cons
salary
Old School sports agency - very traditional
Account Director (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMay 6, 2015
Big name clients, lots of opportunities to work on interesting projects and a foot in the door in the sports industry.

Very traditional and homogenous culture - being a cultural fit is more important than performance. Does not pay well.
Pros
healthcare, PTO, summer Fridays, big name clients
Cons
fitting in is more important, homogenous
Large agency that can provide great experience
Senior Account Executive, Events and Hospitality (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTAugust 31, 2015
Octagon is a large agency that has great clients. It offers people who are new to the industry great opportunities to learn the business of sports marketing. However the way they treat their employees in some cases is not the best, being a large agency sometimes good quality work is overlooked.
Busy industry, great staff
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCMarch 3, 2013
Exciting company with opportunities for upward mobility; however, compensation not commensurate with experience and not as competitive as other industries
High Turnover
Senior Revenue Accountant (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CAMay 3, 2012
Not a place you want to work if you seek work/life balance. Inexperienced management.
Pros
leftover lunches from client meetings
Cons
working there
Work hard, play hard mentality
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 24, 2015
Good structure and great coworkers. Learned client management skills, budgeting and event management. My managers always had my best interest in mind.
Fun company to work work
CRM Manager (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJanuary 21, 2015
Good company to work for. Lots of interesting clients/projects to work on. Fun office environment.
Pros
fun, co-workers
Cons
salary
Great place to network
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARMarch 17, 2014
Most days are spent interacting via conference calls or sending emails. Travel is required in the event department and they do a great job of taking care of their employees on the road. The starting salaries are not too great and it takes some time to work your way up. Long hours are required so if you are entering at a low level be prepared to work a lot and get paid a little.
Very fun workplace environment
Sports Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMay 23, 2015
I loved interning at Octagon, it was a great place to work and what I did really mattered. My boss was very fair and intelligent and it made it easy to work for her
Productive and supportive environment that thrives on creativity
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTFebruary 22, 2013
Octagon encourages creative input from employees at every level. Management is genuinely interested in listening to and implementing suggestions for improvement. Co-workers have a great sense of teamwork and together deliver exceptional service to clients.
Fun place to work. Gained confidence
Club Promoter (Former Employee) –  Street TeamJune 29, 2012
As I was a club promoter, I was typically working from 10pm to 2am trying to promote club events and drinks offers at the club I was working for. During my time here I gained a lot of confidence talking and approaching people asking them where they were heading and if they were unsure, telling them the offers of the club. As we were all on the streets late at night, we all learnt to trust each other and work as a team helping one and other if someone was struggling, we found working in couples were easier as if one person forgot something 9 times out of 10 the other person would remember it.