OCS

OCS Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
RUN BY COWBOYS AT CARDIFF
security relief guard (Former Employee), reliefAugust 5, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: you will be ripped off
They are the worst company you could wish to work for. I completed 18 months there as a relief guard and it was the worse time if my life. As an ex forces person, i would say don't work there. They have a headquarters there run by cowboys. The management there are dreadful.
The wages department don't want to answer your queries. Sometimes i was up to – more... £300 a month short. They will send you places by mistake and not pay you fuel. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM OCS BASED AT CARDIFF. IT WILL BE THE WORST MISTAKE OF YOUR LIFE. TOTAL COWBOYS.

They were even claiming for security at nhs hospitals for two guards when in fact only one was working. They are corrupt – less
hire um fire um policy
cleaner (Former Employee), brixworthJuly 17, 2014
Pros: spotless work place
Cons: everything else
faceless management, politics between female staff , inadequate cleaning machinery , unfriendly office staff are just a few things that i can mention AVOID .....
OCS Company
Manager (Current Employee), TauntonJuly 2, 2014
Pros: professional, great working hours, promote a health & safety culture
Cons: nil
I have worked for OCS for 10 Months, in that time i have found that the ethos, management and health & Safety policies make this a great company to work for.
Having Read some of the reviews on this website, i have to say if i am honest that, many of the negative comments cannot be justified. In my own area of taunton, and someone who leads a team, we – more... have a great relationship with the client and all team members, i can honestly say they enjoy working for OCS and in taunton.
If you want to start your career with OCS as an apprentice, then i cant think of anywhere better. – less
fun work place
Contract Cleaner (Current Employee), Port Talbot, WLSJune 30, 2014
typical day start at 6am until 2pm on a cover team where i have my own van and 2 co workers. on a day to day basis we cover 10-12 buildings everyday 7 days a week cleaning kitchens offices bathrooms. it's a easy straight forward job with no skills or training really required. i do enjoy the job but not the job i want to be stuck in.
Avoid at all costs unless you are extremely desperate.
Catering (Former Employee), LeatherheadJune 23, 2014
Pros: near my house!
Cons: two 15 minute breaks (if you're lucky) in a 9 hour day, bullying, bad man management.
Was lied to from the very start about wages (was quoted £7 but that was dropped to £6.60), was given a zero hour contract even though I was working 40 hours a week with fixed hours. Management are a complete joke, they'd rather bully staff then train or help them out. Understaffed (so was finishing late 20 minutes late everyday but this didn't count – more... as overtime) and had to provide own uniform, so your out of pocket before you've even started! Avoid like the plague, in fact, the plague would probably be better! – less
Retail stock counter
Flexible Retail Stock Counter (Former Employee), south eastJune 17, 2014
Cons: long hours and terrible wages
shifts were always in the night time, using a hand held scanner. Management was efficient some times but usually unclear. Co-workers were friendly. Hardest part was scanning high areas.
Bullying, Victimisation, staff not important
Manager (Former Employee), YorkshireJune 16, 2014
Cons: numerous, ignorant to safety and security.
I had the very unpleasant experience of working for this organisation and I have to say that their treatment of staff was disgusting. Things started well; I had a good line manager who listened to me and respected my opinion as a manager; the client seemed enthusiatic about improving the security fucntion on the site; and we all seemed to be on the – more... same page in terms the direction of the security service. However; I quickly found out that when it comes down to it the comany were prepared to be mercernary in how it treated their staff. The client manager at my site was, in my opinion, promoted above his station to a post that he was not experienced or knowledgeable enough to undertake. I challenged several of his decisions, some on the grounds of safety to the propoerty and staff, and was prepared to stand my ground and this did not fair well. Staff, tenants, and possibly the public were put at risk because of this incompetent manager. One day I had a visit from an OCS Manager, whose name I will not disclose....yet, and his exact words to me were "I'm the one they send in to do all the dirty work and I have to tell you that you have to go.......now; today. If you don't then we can make it very difficult for you". I suggested that if my work was not up to speed then he should dismiss me but he said he can't do that because they did not have good reason and it was the client that wanted me out. Cut a long story short; I resigned my post and joined the legions of unemployed. So if you are thinking of joining this organisation my strong suggestion would be to keep a log of all decisions made, who said what and when because they will bury you without a second thought. Better still look for an alternative employer. – less
Professional and very friendly team
Helpdesk Administrator (Former Employee), London, ENGJune 16, 2014
Each day was different to the previous one which made it very pleasant to go to work. I felt welcome and part of the team straight away. Everybody was happy to pull up their sleeves to get the job done. Lovely experience.
zero hours contract , not good enough.
security officer (Former Employee), Aberdeen ScotlandJune 15, 2014
Pros: pay on some sites ok
Cons: zero hours contract. no training. any enthusiasm i had for job quickly evaporated.
No training, feel like just a number. Unreliable office staff. Scruffy security guards. Not a good company to work for.
ocs not a fun place to worki
trinity kitchens (Former Employee), leedsJune 10, 2014
Cons: not good
I've been there for 4 years and all I got was stress bulled I reported it and it was swept under the table and now I've got a new job the money that I worked hard for the last week's I was there they have took most of it saying I owe them just theft all because I took holidays in April witch they authorized
A great place for managers to progress their career.
Duty Manager - Ashford and St Peter's Hospital (Current Employee), ChertseyMay 31, 2014
Pros: fantastic training
Cons: none i can think of!
An interesting constantly changing & challenging environment - great training and support from company team.
i have always loved working with my collegues
Housekeeper (Former Employee), WelloingtonMay 28, 2014
I have learned a lot from different work places and surroundings
clining
Cleaner (Former Employee), Edinburgh, SCTMay 19, 2014
ok,short time ,good clining,brasso,hover job,clining ofice,toilet...
Typical days work
Ambi Lift Driver (Former Employee), manchester airportMay 15, 2014
Pros: outdoor, no two days the same, great environment
Cons: summer peak period can be long and tiring
no two days the same, controllers would assign us jobs. It was down to us to decide which job to be completed first or decide how best to carry out the jobs so that airlines can leave on time.

We'd pick up passengers from the terminal and transport them to the aircraft and vice versa. The vehicle we driver were Class 2 vehicles, we'd drive on apron – more... roads sharing the same space with other vehicles and planes.

Once at the plane we'll get vehicle into position and raise the body the vehicle up to the plan door.

The hardest part the job is to be alert and be aware surrounding, since we'd be crossing live taxiways with planes criss crossing us all the time.

We worked as a team, even more so with other companies within the airport as we fight for the same place around planes. We all have a job to do and try our best to get job done so plane leaves on time so we help out and agree best way to stay out each others way or how best to share the same space. – less
productive work place
Domestic (Former Employee), Preston, ENGMay 12, 2014
learning to give best standards of services to customers at all times
Bad Women Management
General Person to blame (Former Employee), GaydonMay 7, 2014
Pros: you can laugh at catering staff doing facilities management
Cons: two faced women managers
Clueless management mostly run by women. Basically all scared of the client. 8 managers 6 staff.
Long an slow business
Security Guard (Former Employee), Pentwyn cardiffMay 6, 2014
Pros: met different people
Cons: long unsociable hours
Long unsociable hours, use of cctv, more experience within customer service,
Good job for students
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Glasgow, SCTMay 3, 2014
Pros: 0 hours so could stay employed while at university
Cons: travelling around all the time, not stationary for long, no guaranteed work.
A typical day as a merchandiser would normally just be to travel to a selected store and fill shelf's. Working on systems would involves going around the store creating merchandising plans for large companies.
The management are very friendly and understanding.

The most enjoyable part is just meeting new people at each store.
Hardest part is 0 hour – more... contract and all the travelling. – less
good company to work for
Specialist cleaner (Former Employee), Preston, ENGApril 29, 2014
cleaning driving
that i would work for them again
good managment
good co workers
coworkers
Worked for a lot better companies
Traffic Supervisor (Current Employee), NECApril 25, 2014
Cons: work life balance, salary
Poor work life balance
Lack of Staff
Long time to recruit
Poor support
Will happily stab you in the back

About OCS

OCS Group is an international facilities services provider, employing over 56,000 people worldwide. It provides a wide range of – Read more