OCS

OCS Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
very good company to work for
asbestos operative (Current Employee), London, ENGDecember 18, 2014
Pros: holiday
Cons: distance
was a good company to work for just bit to far away to get to and from work got on well with everyone had a good laugh, got on very well with the management most enjoyable part of the job was getting stuff done and looking back after a hard day and accomplishing something
A poorly written joke
Gatehouse Security Officer (Current Employee), Princes WisbechDecember 12, 2014
Pros: it's work
Cons: poor management, no loyalty, huge staff turnover
OCS is run by people that seemingly have no idea what they are doing. The local management for Wisbech is a joke at best, abuse their staff and never back up employees. Working for OCS is agreeing to everything they want at the cost of everything you want.
terrible company
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Redcar and Cleveland, ENGNovember 28, 2014
Pros: the other girls
Cons: managers
Dont work here at all costs
Look into staff turn over it speaks volumes
Management bully staff
Worst place I ever worked in my 25 year working life
OSC
Cleaner Bin Boy (Former Employee), Mount Maunganui, NNovember 28, 2014
It was a fast moving work place if you were too slow then the pressure would build up and your work peers would have to help out with the extra work so it would pay to stay on your feet and make sure you could handle your own pull and not to rely on others to help you out all the time.

I learned that it really pays to be fast with what your doing but – more... make sure I did it my best and then move on to the next

My co workers were okay I was the youngest though, they all had their own ways that I had to adjust to be able to make the team work work. – less
AVOID THIS COMPANY
Cleaner at a shopping centre (Former Employee), Livingston, west lothianNovember 27, 2014
Cons: they tempt you with good pay, but, make you suffer for it.
They don't provide you with uniform, you don't get breaks, you are not allowed to communicate with other staff members or you get a serious warning, you miss a day off work without ringing up, they can sack you there and then, you are followed constantly by customer service staff, who watch you constantly while you are working, if you are caught stopping – more... for a minute a staff member will tell you to move on, ever time, you are being watched!
you are basically used for cover work, your job is never guaranteed, and you don't get paid the amount you are supposed to and when you are supposed to, NO JOKE, this is a slave labour company, i have reported this company and i very highly recommend you DON'T work for this company. – less
Nice place to work
Company cleaner (Former Employee), Dublin North, DNovember 26, 2014
Pros: hours
I got on well with management and found it easy to communicate with collegues.
I worked with heavy machinery on a daily basis bringing them from ground floor level up.
Myself and my collegues were always available to help each other in any assistance we may need.
fun workplace
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee), Middlesbrough, ENGNovember 20, 2014
even though it was cleaning i rather enjoyed my time here friendly people
Great people and environment
HR Business Partner (Current Employee), Bristol, ENGNovember 11, 2014
A typical day at work is busy, flexible, meeting people at different sites and location subject to strategical and tactical business needs. Meeting great people every day. Role is challenging from geographical and content point of view but I always rise up to the challenge. The hardest part of the job is seeing contract being lost and losing good people – more... and skill sets. The most enjoyable part of the job is the content, the people, flexibility and experience every day – less
Good people, hard culture
Cleaner (Former Employee), WellingtonNovember 6, 2014
Cleaning and dealing with clients.
Learnt that team work is important.
Was placed in a great site at CBS studios
Security Officer/Field Supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 5, 2014
Inspected all news studios
Patrolled all areas of buildings
Escorted guests to their destinations
nice place to work if you like to travel
Stock counting (Former Employee), UKNovember 5, 2014
nice place to work, you meet different people everywhere you go. if you enjoy traveling you go around all of the UK. work can get draining after a long time of stock counting.
Worst run Company I had worked for
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee), ManchesterNovember 5, 2014
Pros: there were none, apart from the fact that i left the company
Cons: no proper breaks, very poor working conditions, not enough staff. no organisation.
If I could have given this Company no star rating I would.

Mislead me from day one at the Interview.

Dishonest.

I was supposed to be a Food Service Assistant, I ended up Washing pots and heavy Pans most of the day, and shifting rubbish.

Not allocated proper breaks. The working conditions were dreadful, and not enough staff to do all the work that – more... was required.

Do not work for this Company, a very bad run Company indeed. – less
Overall good
Mailroom (Current Employee), Takapuna, NNovember 4, 2014
Pros: good hours and lovely people
Cons: no back up when required
6am start. delivering milk, papers. turning on and cleaning coffee machines for the working day..sort and deliver mail and parcel, send courier notices to staff.
I have learn to respect every person that i meet in my day to day duties. Do not have much contact with managers as we are outsourced and they know we do our job well.
I have only 1 co worker – more... as i work on my own and he does the afternoon shift..we work well together when required..
I do not think there is a hard part in this job after 8 years.
The most enjoyable part is the good mornings as people pass through my work area.. – less
staff are of no importance at all. management employ people who are not interested, don't work up to standards expected,
supervisor (Former Employee), north eastNovember 3, 2014
Pros: nothing is free. not even a decent break for long shifts in hot environment.
Cons: long days. working at over 16° with no concern from management
Not good at solving staff problems. Bullying, harassment, grievance procedure. Leave staff in a state of unhealthy mind because some supervisors bully staff. Everyone suffers as does the companys reputation. I can't believe the reviews on here. I thought it was only the site I worked on. Very sad for such a big company.
Come on OCS stop paying your – more... managers to sit on their butts booking holidays, house hunting and internet shopping while in the office. It is theft from the company. Wake up. Get on site see what really goes on. Reward your staff the real workers..p.s. not even a xmas bonus or xmas party! Discusting! – less
OCS
Stock counter/Merchandiser (Current Employee), plymouthOctober 29, 2014
Pros: new places, new people
Cons: not enough hours
I very much enjoy working for OCS the only downfall is there are only one or two shifts a week our driver is great my co-workers a great and the most enjoyable part about the job is travelling
fun workplace
Office Staff or Any Computer related works (Former Employee), Ormoc City, P08October 14, 2014
Pros: free staff house
My position is Warehouse Clerk; I also assist the issuance of office supplies, and diesel monitoring. I am processing all the paper works, and documentation of weekly and monthly reports of the company.

I am a hardworking and trustworthy worker, very organized, quick learner, flexible and versatile when it comes to work.
Two days are never the same.
OCS DUTY MANAGER/SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), London Gatwick AirportOctober 9, 2014
Pros: good freindly team.
Cons: disrupted travel.
Very busy place to work at Gatwick Airport with up 50.000 passengers per terminal. So on a Daily service I would over see the supervisors deploying staff at 6am. Attend a managers meeting at 6.30am and 12.00 with airport staff to find out the daily figures and if there is anything planned for the day.

Planned meetings throughout the day and always – more... be ready to adapts to the situation as you never know what will happen next in this environment. – less
overall awful AVOID AT ALL COST
merchandiser (Former Employee), all overSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: what pros.....
Cons: treatment, management, rubbish pay, hardly understood anyone all northern accents or people who were rude and spoke in forgien languages
awful company dont apply at all I lasted 4 shifts and got a better job with better benefits
workplace
first attack fire fighter (Current Employee), Plymouth, ENGSeptember 4, 2014
management are terrible and they are constantly under paying and changeing routas with no notice
was early mornings
cleaning superviser (Former Employee), Leeds, ENGAugust 28, 2014
Cons: woz from 6.30 am till 9.30
very good day at work. learned a lot, nice staff. l like cleaning

1 2 3 4 5

About OCS

OCS Group is an international facilities services provider, employing over 56,000 people worldwide. It provides a wide range of – Read more