OceanWorks International Corporation in Burnaby, Canada, has an immediate opening for a Procurement Manager.
OceanWorks is a privately held subsea technology company that specializes in manned and unmanned subsea work systems and engineering / fabrication services for key international marine industries including International Military, Scientific, Oil & Gas, and Renewable Energy markets. Our Burnaby operation is focused on the design, assembly and testing of subsea technical solutions.
The Procurement Manager plans, organizes and supervises the purchasing functions; oversees daily activities including major purchases associated materials, services, and finished components; responds to a range of inquiries regarding processes or bid status; negotiates terms and conditions with vendors and/or service providers; and achieves department objectives and goals within budget.
- Assists the Sales team in estimation for proposal development of design/build projects
- Approves overall project plans, budgets, task descriptions and work breakdown structure, develops schedules and contingency plans and is responsible for work status assessment and reporting
- Responsible for controlling all expenditures on the work activities
- Develops and manages partnerships with external vendors by negotiating purchase order contracts and subcontracts with appropriate sources of equipment, supplies and services
- Reviews tender documents, proposal specifications, drawings, etc., to determine scope of work and required contents of project estimate
- Estimates total budget of project from internal and external suppliers
- Delivers excellence in front-end procurement activities, including market research, demand management, specification development, spend analytics, category strategy development, business case development, negotiation, E-Procurement & E-auctions and stakeholder engagements
- Supports our R&D teams in all aspects of outsourcing and procurements (services and materials)
- A 4-year Bachelors' degree is preferred, but strong direct industry experience will also be accepted as an alternative
- Minimum of 7 years of Procurement or Supply Chain experience in a complex, highly decentralized manufacturing or industrial environment
- Experience in technical project management, estimating or production preferred
- Proven technical competence to deal with one or more varied technical groups including structural fabrication, electronics, hydraulics and motors
- Experience developing supply sources and in cost reduction
- Experience in an ISO 9001 environment preferred
- Experience in military, subsea Oil and Gas or aerospace supply programs highly desired
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong supply chain skills sets including sourcing, logistics, project management and legal knowledge of terms and conditions
- Solid negotiation skills and experience managing geographically dispersed personnel
- Strong used of MS Word, and MS Excel
- Strong communication skills
- Strong team building skills
Employees must be able to work in an environment governed by the Controlled Goods Program of Canada, and therefore a criminal record check might be required for all new employees. Information can be provided upon request.
If this opportunity appeals to you and you meet the necessary qualifications, please send your cover letter and resume to us.
Please quote “Procurement Manager” in the email subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We politely request no telephone calls please.
If you would like to receive more information about our company, please visit our website at www.oceanworks.com.
OceanWorks International is a world leader in the design, fabrication and maintenance of atmospheric deep sea diving suit systems, submarine...