OceanWorks International in Burnaby, Canada, has an immediate opening for a Project Manager position.
OceanWorks International is a privately held subsea technology company that specializes in manned and unmanned subsea work systems and engineering / fabrication services for key international marine industries including International Military, Scientific, Oil & Gas, and Renewable Energy markets. Our Burnaby operation is focused on the design, assembly and testing of subsea technical solutions.
BASIC JOB FUNCTION:
The Project Manager is accountable for assigned projects from project initiation through to project close-out, ensuring delivered products meet budget, timing and technical requirements. Project Managers are ultimately responsible for all aspects of the successful completion of the projects which they are assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as the central point of contact for project communication between customers, sales, engineering, supply chain, manufacturing and product support.
- Directly manage resources that have been assigned on a day-to-day basis, and interface with Functional Managers regarding resource requirements
- Ensure OceanWorks and Client Standard Procedures are followed on assigned project(s)
- Review potential scope changes and issue change requests as required
- Develop, in conjunction with department managers, project plans and internal/external resource plans
- Facilitate negotiation of technical requirements between engineering and customers
- Assist sales team with monitoring projects for scope changes
- Monitor project progress to ensure a successful delivery, including:
o Identify potential risks and mitigation plans
o React to project challenges by developing containment plans that eliminate or minimize impacts to projects
o Ensure necessary information flow between departments to successfully meet project milestones
o Facilitate cost reduction planning and progress reviews
o Provide status reports to internal stakeholders and external customers
o Complete project close-out activities, including archiving of project data, facilitating post-build and lessons learned reviews, reconciling material lists and parts
o Identify opportunities for improvement to company systems and processes to improve successful delivery of future projects
o Review and approve invoices for assigned project(s)
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING):
- University degree or college diploma in the field of Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or related field as a minimum
- 5-10 years of direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution
- Project Management Certifications (PMI) or equivalent
- Competent and proficient understanding of platforms, such as MS Project 2010 is an asset
- Experience with product certification is considered an asset
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to manage 2 or more projects concurrently is required
- Excellent communication skills required, written and oral
- Excellent interpersonal skills required
- Excellent planning, organizational, analytical and problem solving skills required
- 5+ years mechanical design experience is preferred
- 5+ years experience in a manufacturing setting is preferred
- Demonstrated leadership ability
Employees must be able to work in an environment governed by the Controlled Goods Program of Canada, and therefore a criminal record check may be required. Information can be provided upon request.
If this opportunity appeals to you, then please send your cover letter and resume to us. Please quote “Project Manager” in the email subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We politely request no telephone calls please.
If you would like to receive more information about our company, please visit our website at www.oceanworks.com.