OceanWorks International in Burnaby, Canada, has an immediate opening for a MATERIAL CONTROL SUPERVISOR.
OceanWorks is a privately held subsea technology company that specializes in manned and unmanned subsea work systems and engineering / fabrication services for key international marine industries including International Military, Scientific, Marine Salvage and Construction, Oil & Gas, and Renewable Energy markets. Our Burnaby operation is focused on the design, assembly and testing of subsea technical solutions.
BASIC JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Material Control Supervisor coordinates, supervises, and participates in the daily work of the Material Coordinators in the inventory warehouse including shipping and receiving, picking of parts for jobs and work orders, organizing the inventory in the stock room per the company’s ISO 9000 quality system, and is responsible for the accuracy of the on-hand inventory data.
Reports to the Supply Chain Manager.
- Manages and supervises the inventory transaction processes to ensure inventory accuracy and timeliness
- Confers and advises departments and project personnel on inventory or inventory management related issues
- Coordinates ECO, NCR, and RMA issues with suppliers and internal departments
- Coordinates the generation of pick tickets, cycle counting sheets, and physical inventory sheets and is responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the on-hand inventory count
- Prepares statistical and information reports on material coordination and warehouse activities
- Support administration and data entry of physical inventories
- Manages daily cycle count activities including investigating and resolving variances, approving where appropriate.
- Maintain the stock room, material storage and handling areas for the US Navy and commercial products.
- Maintain Customer Furnished Equipment (CFE/GFE) and the CFE/GFE Log
- Maintain the security of the warehouse and the segregation of high security, SOC, inventory.
- Manage consumables, dangerous goods/chemicals, or similar items.
- Shipping/Receiving, picking parts, inventory organization, cleaning the stock rooms
- Collect OQE documents in the receiving process and assigns QA numbers to parts and maintain the traceable materials log and records.
- Assist Finance staff by reviewing and approving invoices as required.
- Basic safety and risk awareness, and taking actions to reduce or eliminate any such risks or hazards.
- Light janitorial duties inside and outside the building, locking shipping and receiving areas, annex back doors, and the main building east and south doors at the end of the day.
- Managing recycling and disposal of inventory as directed by the Supply Chain Manager and Finance.
- Works directly with the department managers of the project management team, engineering team, quality department and production engineering department to monitor design processes and address manufacturing requirements
- Demonstrates flexibility in developing systems that can be ‘tailored’ to suit individual projects due to the nature and work scope of Oceanworks’ projects with different Quality Assurance and documentation requirements
- Responsible for reviewing, updating and proposing warehouse upgrades and modifications
- Perform other duties as required
- Supervises Material Coordinators and coordinates their daily activities
- Provides orientation, training, and assistance to subordinates in their daily tasks
- Provides feedback to the Supply Chain Manager on resource and training needs
- In conjunction with the Supply Chain Manager, performs annual performance review of Material Coordinators
- Responsible for recruiting, interviewing and hiring of new employees and contractors in association with the Human Resources department and Senior Management
- Builds, motivates and retains a team that consistently meets deadlines
- Warehouse environment
- Regularly operates computer equipment
- Requires wearing of personal protective equipment per company policy and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Associate Bachelors degree or some college with 10+ years of training and experience
- APICS or PMAC training preferred
- 2 – 5 years of supervisory experience, preferably in a technical environment
- 2 – 5 years of materials management experience
- Valid forklift ticket
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office and ERP databases
- Inventory management, physical inventory practices and procedures
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Strong organizational, multitasking, and detail skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, written and oral
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
Employees must be able to work in an environment governed by the Controlled Goods Program of Canada, and therefore a criminal record check is required for all new employees. Information can be provided upon request.
If this opportunity appeals to you, then please send your cover letter and resume to us. Please quote “Material Control Supervisor” in the email subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We politely request no telephone calls please.
OceanWorks offers a competitive compensation package with an excellent benefits package. Our team is made up of self-motivated, innovative individuals who thrive on challenge. We are always looking for talented, success-oriented people to join our team.
For more information about our company, please visit our website at www.oceanworks.com.
OceanWorks International is a world leader in the design, fabrication and maintenance of atmospheric deep sea diving suit systems, submarine...