PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION:
The Marketing Coordinator position is responsible for projecting the OceanWorks International brand. The role ensures constant attention and care is given to the OceanWorks International brand, and that an effective external and internal communications strategy is being developed and used. The role is primarily responsible for the creation and maintenance of Corporate and product literature, promoting trade shows and events to our customer and prospect database, print advertising development and execution, press releases, website maintenance & modifications, trade show coordination and planning, and other duties as required by the department. The Marketing Coordinator also assists by providing administrative support to the Sales & Marketing Department, particularly as related to sales funnel maintenance, reporting, and campaign planning/management.
1. Maintain and expand the Sales and Marketing materials/product literature library to enable effective and consistent corporate branding. This can include online, print, video, animation and presentation material.
2. Coordinate and work with external suppliers and their services to achieve marketing goals.
3. Interact with Engineering, Project Management, and Production/Manufacturing Departments to maintain an up to date understanding of products and projects produced by OceanWorks International to aid in branding and marketing initiatives.
4. Management of ad creation, trade publication content and conference paper submissions based on annual Sales and Marketing plan and direction from management.
5. Organization and procurement of promotional material, giveaways, client gifts, production promotions and clothing.
6. Dissemination of company information using a variety of methods both internally (quarterly newsletter, email announcements, bulletin board postings, etc.) and externally (website, press releases, email announcements, social media, etc.)
7. Learn and acquire relevant skills & tools required to effectively conduct the duties required by the position. This may include software, online services, and industry standard skills and technologies required to sufficiently project the OceanWorks International brand.
8. Assist with and help drive the development of a marketing plan and strategy in conjunction with Sales and Corporate objectives. This is to include planning and collection of metrics on response and effectiveness for all campaigns, media publications and trade shows.
9. Post-conference follow up activities and coordination of sales campaigns with contacts and leads.
10. Development and maintenance of a customer/prospect database for use in marketing initiatives.
11. Provide administrative support to the Sales Department and maintain quotation record keeping including estimates, customer quotes, quote back up, and correspondence.
12. Manage and run online sales forecast records and reports using Salesforce.com or other forecasting tools. Provide weekly reports for use by the Sales & Marketing Department and Management teams.
13. Document and update sales records and collect metrics both by customer and product as requested.
14. Maintain and expand the Sales and Marketing Image library, including proper image tagging and storage for ease of use.
15. Maintain positive and ongoing media coverage for the company and products across all available media.
16. Event co-ordination as required to increase company profile.
17. Assist with implementation and evolution of Corporate image/branding
18. Attend weekly status meetings with Department Manager to set and track priorities and actions required to achieve departmental goals.
19. Attend regularly scheduled corporate sales meeting and assist with record keeping, live updates to sales funnel based on meeting discussions, and meeting planning and follow up.
20. Provide administrative support to sales and product support departments on an as needed basis. This may include hospitality services, travel, job openings and closing and other tasks as required.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Degree or diploma in Marketing or Marketing Communications from a post secondary institution
Required Training / Experience:
- Minimum 1 to 3 years of practical, hands-on experience in delivering marketing, communications and sales support to an organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Creative, yet highly organized and detail-oriented with strong time management skills
- Ability to interact effectively with stakeholders such as colleagues, vendors, partners, clients and consultants
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines, multi-task and work under pressure
- Strong communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced skills using MS Office software tools, web design tools, technologies and practices, publishing and graphics programs (Adobe Creative Suite preferred), social media, CRM software (Salesforce.com preferred)
- Experience with newsletter creation, management and execution (iContact)
- Strong skills with collateral creation including PowerPoint presentations & templates, data sheets, print brochures, trade show displays, magazine ad copies
- Skills with planning, developing and managing intranet sites and pages
- A self-starter who will proactively drive the direction of the overall marketing strategy
- Knowledge of Mac computers considered an asset
OceanWorks Employees must be able to work in an environment governed by the Controlled Goods Program of Canada, and therefore a criminal record check is required for all new employees. Information can be provided upon request.
If this opportunity appeals to you, then please send your cover letter and resume to us.
Please quote “Marketing Coordinator” in the email subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We politely request no telephone calls please.
OceanWorks offers a competitive compensation package with an excellent benefits package. Our team is made up of self-motivated, innovative individuals who thrive on challenge. We are always looking for talented, success-oriented people to join our team.
We embrace an open work environment where you can express your ideas. We cultivate teamwork and cooperation. If you are creative and would like to join our team, we would love to hear from you.
If you would like to receive more information about our company, please visit our website at www.oceanworks.com.