Ocean Choice International Employee Reviews

I liked the line of work as it was directly related to my field.
Deckhand (Former Employee) –  Newfoundland and Labrador30 May 2016
I liked working the long hours and for long periods of time and it was directly related to my field of work, labourer/fishing.
fun learning new skills
labourer/butcher (Former Employee) –  PE30 March 2014
enjoyable place to work,meet new people,the company is a great place to work,best job i ever had,good money to.
Pros
learning
Cons
alot of travelling
It was ok
Laborer (Former Employee) –  St. Lawrence, NL14 January 2014
Well.. I was on night shift so my shift started around 6:30 pm, I disinfected all pans and started up all equipment and everyone got to do their job and I carried pans where I was supposed to and just maintaining the systems. I learned how to maintain systems, learned social skills, as well as I learned to make new friends. Management was okay, a bit on the rough side though. Co-workers were okay, Some were old and saucy while more were bittersweet. Hardest part of the job was maybe putting up with being a slave and having to tend to everyone in that building. Enjoyable part of the job was to meet new friends.
Pros
Free coffee and clean cafeterias
Cons
Smelly work area
Enjoyable workplace
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Lawn, NL20 March 2013
This was a good place to work cause the people were very friendly. The hardest part of working was you had very short notice when u needed to be at work and the hours were all over the place....A typical day at work was going in getting suited up and going out on the boats and start unloading them until they were empty and weighed, then you loaded the trucks then your shift was complete.
Pros
nice people to work with
Cons
low pay and only seasonal work with no job security
Excellent place to work with a great Management Team
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Souris, PE6 November 2012
My days were long but every day was awesome, the fishery has its challenges especially processing a costly product like Lobster. The management Team were very trusting and gave direction and then I was trusted to run the plant the best of my ability. I had 12 supervisors under me who were great to work with and we were an excellent team. The hardest part of the job was meeting orders for our customers when lobster landings were down. I loved everything about my job, I dont have any complaints, it was busy but so productive.
Pros
i never had to worry about if i needed time off for anything.
Cons
i dont have a con.

4.2