OCAD University Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Really fun and comfortable work environment.
Promoter (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 October 2017
I loved working with OCAD and promoting their university because it was really fun and you promote at your own time and pace. It is good experience if what you wnt to do in the future is work within social media or the arts industry.
student
Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 August 2017
it was a project with full of experience in a perfect environment and it calls "Relief". I really like that position and that project. it was exhibited at 52nd Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibition.
It does not have any salary.
Pros
perfect experience
Cons
it was just a small project
Salaires basses, sans securite
Sessional Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 July 2017
Je recois un salaire plus bas que les Teaching Assistants, mais je travaille 10x plus forts, et j'ai beaucoup de responsabilites aux etudiants. Je recois seulement $6,000 par course que j'enseigne, mais quand je travaillais comme Teaching assistant j'ai recu $7,000 (je crois qu'ils ont aussi baisser les salaires des TA)
I learned a lot at this job
Facilities, Space Information & Records Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 January 2017
it was really helpful to finish university and go into a job.
job security at OCAD is very low
I enjoyed my work and the people within my department
i had to use a lot of skills and learned a lot about taking criticism and rolling with the punches
Pros
lots to learn
Cons
no job security
Project
Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2017
Great learning experience with many other professors to talk to.

A typical day at OCADU is never sit down for too long. Always running around to be inspired by different designers and errands.

The environment is very positive, there are a lot of great model makers and illustrators.
Workplace culture varies
Mental Health Initiatives Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 August 2016
Depending on the department, you can be really isolated or feel like you are a part of something.

I loved the challenges about the job and knowing how my work improved the quality of life for students, was very satisfying.
Flexible working time and Nice mentor
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 June 2016
Learn about researching and how to manage projects and ideas in academic world. Very flexible schedule as a part time employee. You will also get feedback about your personal work from professionals in this area.
welp
Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 June 2016
I was hired on as a tour guide, I preformed one teamed tour, was told that I would do my own one day, and never got contacted again. It just wouldve been nice for a "we dont need you" email or perhaps not having a team of more than 12 people if theres not enough tours to go around
Pros
good pay
Cons
no hours
Regular Hours, Good Pay, Allowed to Work on Schoolwork During off Time
Student I.T. Monitor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 April 2016
The people in I.T. are really, really, really awesome. Everyone is willing to lend you a hand or an ear in times of need and the work is super leisurely. Probably the hardest thing about this job is the webco interface and/or making reservations for cameras in AV loans.
Busy atmospher
Sr. Accounts Receivable/Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 November 2015
Work with diverse group of people. Get to see student work and their creativity. Central downtown location close to everything. Located University & Dundas
Pros
Central location
Very competitive retail environment serving students and academics.
Manager and Textbook Buyer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2015
Textbooks are under pressure from a variety of alternate sources, i.e., peer to peer, digital versions. We have moved fairly aggressively into rentals, used books, continuous contact with profs and non-book products. Nowadays university bookstores may only have 50% or so of floorspace allocated to text.
Love my job.
AV Loans Student Monitor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, On15 April 2015
I love working for OCADU, but unfortunately cannot continue working here as a Student Monitor since I'm graduating. I am working a student position, and it's great. Couldn't ask for a better job as a student.
Distribution Services, fun crew, busy set up days
Distribution Services Monitor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 January 2012
Helping OCAD set up for special events; receive,deliver, sort mail.
Pros
socialize with faculty, get to know your way around school
Cons
demands a lot of physical work (lifting tables, chairs) on a daily basis