Odyssey Media is a leading international film and television production, distribution and rights management company dedicated to delivering the highest quality content to clients in Canada, the US, Germany and around the world. We have offices that are located in Vancouver, Los Angeles and Brisbane. For more information regarding our company, please visit our website at www.odysseymediainc.com
Film Editor/Editor Assistant
We are looking for a highly experienced Film Editor/Assistant Editor to work on television, domestic productions, international productions and co-production projects. We have a few projects that are based in Germany and the ideal Candidate will be responsible for liaising with German Television companies and co-producers and will co-ordinate projects to our Canadian operations.
Completion of a high school diploma. Degree or diploma in performing arts, broadcasting, journalism, theatre production or film studies is an asset. The ideal candidate must possess 8 years of experience in technical or production in motion pictures, broadcasting or theatre.
The ideal candidate must have knowledge and experience using sound and video editing software. Excellent verbal and written English are required and fluency in German is an asset.
Experience and Duties:
The ideal candidate must have 8 years of experience in the following duties:
- receiving a brief outline of a footage and/or a shot list, script, or screenplay for reviewing and editing
- using CGI software to create or edit video images for production and post-production
- assembling all raw footage with camera shots either recorded or transferred onto video tape in preparation for editing implementation
- inputting uncut rushes and sound, synchronizing and creating digital files using video and sound editing software
- digitally piecing video files to put together the sequences of the film and deciding what is feasible
- creating a 'rough cut' (or assembly edit) of the film and determining the exact cutting for the next and final stages
- re-ordering, re-recording and tweaking the content to ensure the logical sequencing is running effectively for film production.
- overseeing the quality and progress of audio and video engineering and editing
- consulting with the project’s director, producer and/or clients throughout the post-production process
- familiarizing yourself with the creative style of specific directors
- experimenting with styles and techniques including the design of graphic elements
- selecting the most effective shots of a scene in terms of drama, story relevance or continuity
- writing voiceover/commentary
- suggesting or selecting music
Salary, hours of work and location of employment:
$50,000 per annum, 40 hours per week, Vancouver, B.C.
Our location is:
2410 Columbia Street
Vancouver, BC V5Y 3E6
Telephone: 604 623 3369
Please send resumes by email to the attention of:
Kirk Shaw, Executive Producer
Email: kirk.shaw at odysseymediainc.com
*Due to volume, only qualified candidates will be contacted & acknowledged