Oberto Oberti Architecture + Urban Design Inc. is an award winning Vancouver firm looking to expand its creative team of designers, planners and project managers. The firm’s current work includes an interesting range of resort, commercial and institutional projects throughout North America. The successful candidate will be fluent in ArchiCAD with background in the building/construction industry.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Working under the direction of a project manager and in coordination with the design team, the candidate will prepare working drawings (site plans, floor plans, elevations, sections, etc.) and details for a variety of construction projects. Must have experience with ArchiCAD in a Mac operating environment.
- Develop design sketches.
- Develop building details.
- Produce permit drawings in conformance with Vancouver/ BC building code and municipal zoning bylaws.
- Coordinate Architectural drawings with consultants (Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, Geotechnical etc.)
- Coordinate specifications with drawings.
- Produce 3D massing studies and presentation drawings.
- Working knowledge of ArchiCAD software is required. General computer proficiency in a Mac operating environment is essential.
- Diploma or equivalent from a recognized Building Technology or Architectural Technology program.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in Canada. Working knowledge of the BC Building Code is essential.
- A positive and friendly attitude, can work independently.
- Motivation and willing to take on challenges.
- Strong design and problem solving skills.
- Standard office environment located at #660-1188 West Georgia Street; Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM.
- Salary based on qualifications.
WHY WORK AT OBERTI ARCHITECTURE?
- Oberti Architecture is an award-winning company committed to designs that inspire, designs that work and designs that withstand the test of time.
- Our team culture is flexible, creative and committed to success.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume with a brief cover letter and a few examples of your best work or a link to an online portfolio in confidence by email only. No phone calls or drop-ins please.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.