Oakwood Resort Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
fun, non-stressful
Banquet Bus person/Server (Former Employee) –  Grand Bend, ON27 September 2016
I enjoyed working with the residents. The pace of the job was not extremely fast and I enjoyed that. The people I worked with were friendly and helpful.
Easy and productive job with a surprise behind every door.
Housekeeping Department (Former Employee) –  Grand Bend, ON2 August 2013
Housekeeping is a easy and productive job. It is reflected on a repetitive and time-management format of doing the same thing each day but with different activities because behind each door is a new task whether is requires a lot of cleaning or not.

A typical day is waking up and arriving on time in the mornings with your basket of cleaning supplies all ready to go before the boss comes in for a pep talk of the day's agenda. Then you and a partner is assigned to a certain location with a list of rooms that informs who is staying or checking out. you have an average of 30 minutes per room. The day ends after all the rooms are clean from each location. If your section is done early, then you assist another location to help out.

There is a lot of independent time because you are cleaning the room by yourself. However, you learn to develop your own strategy that can correspond with the time limit you have for each room. There are some large rooms that requires you to work in partners and you learn to develop a strong teamwork ethic and open communication to get the job done well and on time.

The enjoyable part of this job is when you finish the room, before you close the door, look back to double check and you feel the satisfaction the guest will have from the service they received.
Great Staff and Management.
Events and Promotions Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Bend2 January 2013
Loved working here. I was treated very well and the salary was above average. I wish I still lived in Grand Bend. I went away to school otherwise I would have never left.
great employers. nice guests. generous tips.