Programmer/Analyst II/III (PHP/Web)
One-year Contract with Benefits
Located in Guelph, the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) processes applications for admission to undergraduate, law, medical, rehabilitation sciences and teacher education programs for Ontario’s universities. The OUAC provides a progressive and supportive working environment for its employees, along with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
For further information about the OUAC, visit: www.ouac.on.ca.
The OUAC is in the process of modernizing a number of our applications and is considering candidates with strong qualifications for either Programmer/Analyst II or Programmer/Analyst III roles to work within a team to: produce detailed program design; code; test; debug; document and implement software requests for enhancements or repairs to existing programs; and develop new systems or modules.
- Analyze requirements of software modifications and determine the most effective solution
- Write software modules to support various online applications
- Participate in software testing and implementation
- Participate in solving issues reported by internal and external customers
- Develops quality code quickly and consistently meets deadlines
- University or college graduate in computer science or equivalent
- Intermediate or senior level programming skills in web solutions in an enterprise application
- Strongly prefer candidates who have strong and recent PHP and OO experience and are willing to learn other required languages
- Expertise with SQL and DB2 (or similar RDBMS)
- Experience with a major framework such as Zend Framework would be a significant asset
Abilities/Skills for the ideal candidate:
- Strong analytical, design and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Enjoys tackling a challenge and developing your skills
- Strong ability to develop quality code within agreed timelines
Qualifications Considered an Asset:
- Experience with graphic/navigational design
- Experience with free-form RPG and procedures, ILE concepts, and IBM System i
- Experience with Java, XML, and change management software
- Experience with development of AODA compliant applications (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act)
- Experience with web security and/or OWASP
- Bilingual (English and French)
- Experience with Agile project methodologies
Due to our ongoing modernization process the OUAC may be conducting interviews over a period of several months. Ongoing applications are welcome.
We thank all applicants for applying; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 19 months ago
Located in Guelph, the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) processes applications for admission to undergraduate, law,...