1. This position typically is 9am – 5:30pm/5 days a week (8:30am-5:00pm works as well)
- Will maintain a 40hour/week schedule and work weekly on a customized schedule when necessary (hours may change according to events)
2. Hands on role involving the day-to-day running of the Sales Office, including helping the Banquet department.
Events/Sales manager is responsible for:
- Negotiating and drafting contracts with customers. This involves meeting and consulting with clients to inform them of all services provided, and to establish the catering requirements of the events. Recommend refinements or value-added services for our guests
- Recruiting and training banquet/sales office staff and effectively managing labor productivity. This includes communicating information to the banquets for their schedule ensuring that staffing requirements are met for each event such as travel time to transport supplies, setting up rooms, providing service and cleaning areas after events.
- Organizing and motivating the sales team in order to maximize sales
- Planning individual menus for Events as well as the yearly Catering Menu in consultation with the Chef and Operations Leader.
- Coordinating with kitchen and banquet personnel to ensure that all food and beverage requirements, delivery, staffing and set-up of events are all fulfilled to exceed the guest’s needs.
- Monitoring the quality of the product and service provided
- Ensuring that all sales are rung in as well as cash bar sales rung in immediately following the completion of the event.
- Liaising with clients during the negotiations and during the events whenever necessary
- Receive and process customer inquiries (by telephone or in person)
- Monitoring quality and troubleshooting banquet events
- Develop, implement and monitor policies and procedures. Maintain standards of service and coordinate catering activities to ensure that a high quality of production and service is consistently maintained; regularly evaluate services and determine means by which to upgrade quality of catered events.
- Working with the Banquet Assistants and Chef to plan and coordinate details of catered events to include determining specifications of goods and services ordered, determining manpower levels, recommending personnel assignments, scheduling space and facilities, and communicating menu information to both the kitchen and service staff.
- Developing a presence in the community (one day per week to build business), which allows for networking and for sales opportunities.
- Attend Chamber Socials and interact with potential new and existing clients
- Work with Operations Manager to keep website updated and consistent with correct information pertaining to upcoming events
- Update Banquet telephone messages with upcoming Events
- Report daily with the General Manager, weekly with the Hotel Manager/Sales Manager and monthly to the Regional Operations Manager
1. Oversee / direct banquet staff
2. Answer incoming phone inquiries handling as necessary
3. Taking bookings
4. Following up on bookings / Call back events to ensure 100% satisfaction
1. Handle all inquiries pertaining to functions
2. Handle all function bookings (contracts, deposits, payments & details)
3. Ensuring payments are made in a timely manner.
4. Communicate function details with kitchen
5. Assure function area setup is as per agreement with guests
6. Communicate details of function with front of house management
7. Be detail-oriented and able to forecast what will be needed for each event
8. Responding to Comment Card’s and emails
9. Assist banquet staff when needed for daytime functions
10. Develop and maintain updated Catering packages and pricing
1. Enter payments of invoices into the POS
2. Enter A/R into POS
3. Invoice Customers
4. Take payment directly from customer
1. Maintain computer system troubleshooting as necessary
2. Entering all function sales into the POS system
3. Using Caterease on a daily basis