OMsignal has developed a revolutionary line of bio-sensing clothing that connect seamlessly with mobile devices. Based in Montreal, Canada, and backed by Canadian and US-based venture capital funds, the OMsignal team is composed of a cross-section of scientists, engineers, fashion designers, intelligent textile fiber specialists, medical practitioners as well as mobile UX and mobile product experts.
We are looking for an inspired and knowledgeable textile-expert to reinforce the textile and product development team by leading the production and product compliance related activities.
- Plan and manage raw material and manufacturing chain
- Manage raw material and finished product inventory
- Establish procedures for product quality assurance and quality control at different levels of the manufacturing chain
- Develop and oversee domestic and global product compliance strategy
- Determine appropriate material/product quality standards and tolerances (product specifications), and plan and manage tests and analysis
- Oversee and control quality at manufacturers to deliver high quality standards across the production chain and to minimize defects and delays
- Communication with manufacturers
- Working closely with technical, design, marketing and sales teams to deliver products on time
- Confirm that products meet labeling and product safety regulations
- Follow-up and report quality and defects from production to finished products
Experience and Qualifications
- Technical or BSc degree in the field of textile science and/or 2-5 years of relevant work experience in textile industry
- Strong technical knowledge in textile materials, properties, manufacturing technologies, and complex textile constructions, especially in knits
- Knowledge in textile and garment quality and compliance regulations and international standardized test methods
- Experience in production management is a plus
- Motivated and driven person who enjoys challenging work environment
- Hands-on approach to problem solving
- Strong communication skills and ability to solve conflicts
- Autonomous and results-oriented
- Able to collect and synthesize complex data
- Able to travel between the office and suppliers/manufacturers (car required)
All applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.