Our client located in Oakville currently has an immediate opening for a full-time Hazardous Materials Removal Worker with experience with Asbestos Abatement, Mould Remediation, and insulation removal.
The position will require you to properly install various insulation products, remove, and dispose of the insulation materials from residential homes. As well you would be responsible for Type I, II, and III asbestos abatement work and Level I, II, III mold remediation.
- Assisting with the initial set up of the site.
- Clean and prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards.
- Perform demolition work and salvage useful materials.
- Identify, pack, and transport hazardous materials.
- Ensure that all health and safety policies and procedures are adhered to and also followed, including all hazardous material handling guidelines.
- Ensure safe installation and operation of scaffolding and ladders while on site.
- Complete installation of appropriate containment and decontamination chambers in order to seal off work sites.
- Remove asbestos, insulation and lead from surfaces, using hand or power tools such as scrapers, vacuums, or high-pressured sprayers.
- Clean mould contaminated sites by removing damaged porous materials or thoroughly cleaning all contaminated nonporous materials.
- Completes detailed final clean-up or disinfection based on the company’s standard operation procedures.
- Follow the directions of the Lead Technician
- The ability to work within tight timelines in a fast paced environment.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Must have a valid G license with a clean driving record.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in the abatement/restoration/emergency industry, preferably working in the Asbestos, Mould, or Insulation removal positions. Relevant construction and/or cleaning experience may be considered.
- Strong work ethic is extremely important.
- Ability to work independently and/or part of a team in a busy environment
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- First Aid skills and/or certificates are considered assets
- Experience applying spray form would be an asset.
- Asbestos Abatement Worker 253W (Ontario)
- Physical ability to lift up to 50lb
- Travel to the site, and off-site locations will be required
- Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots
- Overtime as required
- Hazards associated with the trade
- Work both indoors and outdoors
- Will be exposed to construction sites
Pay rates or salaries will be based on experience. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their resume by email.
Indeed - 16 months ago
Specifically The Oi Group provides advice as well as the ongoing support that employers may from time to time need with regards to such...