Our client located in Oakville currently has 2 immediate openings for full-time workers with experience working in the Asbestos, Mould, and Insulation industry.
The position will require you to properly install various insulation products, remove, and dispose of the insulation materials from residential homes. As well you would be responsible for Type I, II, and III asbestos abatement work and Level I, II, III mold remediation.
- Customer Focus
- Excellent Communication
- Team Player
- Time Management
- Adaptability/ Flexibility
- Result Focus
- Accountability and Dependability
- Ethics and Integrity
- Detail Orientated
- Ability to follow Laws, Rules and Regulations
- Development and Continual Learning
- Assisting with the initial set up of the site.
- Ensure high standards of workmanship and efficiency.
- Clean and prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards.
- Perform demolition work and salvage useful materials.
- Identify, pack, and transport hazardous materials.
- Ensure that all health and safety policies and procedures are adhered to and also followed, including all hazardous material handling guidelines.
- Ensure safe installation and operation of scaffolding and ladders while on site.
- Complete installation of appropriate containment and decontamination chambers in order to seal off work sites.
- Removes asbestos, mould, insulation using appropriate hand/power tools.
- Completes detailed final clean-up or disinfection based on the companies standard operation procedures.
- Follow the directions of the Lead Technician
- The ability to work within tight timelines in a fast paced environment.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Must have a valid G license with a clean driving record.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in the abatement/restoration/emergency industry, preferably working in the Asbestos, Mould, or Insulation positions. Relevant construction and/or cleaning experience may be considered.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and/or part of a team in a busy environment
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to exercise necessary cost control measures
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- First Aid skills and/or certificates are considered assets
- Asbestos Abatement Worker 253W (Ontario)
- Asbestos Abatement Supervisor 253S (Ontario) (Would be an asset)
- 24/7 availability may be required
- Physical ability to lift up to 50lb
- Travel to the site, and off-site locations will be required
- Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Overtime as required
- Hazards associated with the trade
- Work both indoors and outdoors
- Will be exposed to construction sites
Pay rates or salaries will be based on experience and current market standards. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Indeed - 12 months ago
Specifically The Oi Group provides advice as well as the ongoing support that employers may from time to time need with regards to such...