The Accountant will be responsible for dealing directly with clients, preparing their year end financial statements, corporate tax returns, provide tax planning advice and mentor the clients to help them grow their businesses. The Accountant will be responsible for dealing directly with clients, establishing and maintaining excellent customer services and working closely directing and managing the company’s accounting functions, including establishing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures as well as the preparation of financial statements and reporting to top management and externally. The Accountant will provide accurate information to the Chief Executive Officer, including analysis, budgeting, forecasting and preparing financial reports. The Accountant also maintains the company's accounting systems and implements changes as required.
- University degree in Business/Accounting, with advanced degree or professional accounting designation (such as CA, CGA, CMA) is a must.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of all aspects of accounting, financial management and tax planning.
- Thorough knowledge of all relevant Federal, Provincial and local requirements regarding financial records, pension is essential.
- Proficient communication, interpersonal and organizational skills are vital to the role.
- Financial analysis, budgeting and some strategic planning experience
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices and applications
- Knowledge of budget preparation and analysis techniques
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office and Excel
- Management and or supervisory experience is an asset
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Good problem solving skills and the ability to make the necessary decisions to move forward the work at hand
- Excellent leadership, communication, presentation, problem solving and organizational skills are essential.
- Ability to adapt to and learn new software
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
Pay rates or salaries will be based on experience. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their resume and cover letter.
Specifically The Oi Group provides advice as well as the ongoing support that employers may from time to time need with regards to such...