Our company, OHL Construction Canada, Inc. offers construction and engineering services in non-residential and critical infrastructure segments and operates offices in Quebec and Ontario. It is part of Obrascon Huarte Lain, S.A. (“OHL”), a global company and one of Spain's leading construction, concession, environmental development, and industrial groups. With an extensive, domestic and international experience, the OHL Group maintains a remarkable presence in 34 countries across five continents.
We are seeking a Surveyor Land Surveyor (Operations Specialist, Construction Site)
- Prepare and maintain sketches, reports, and drawings of surveys in order to describe, certify, and assume liability for work performed.
- Verify the accuracy of survey data, including measurements and calculations conducted at construction sites.
- Direct or conduct surveys in order to control the construction activities.
- Record the results of surveys, including the shape, contour, location, elevation, and dimensions of land.
- Prepare and design all instruments and readings needed for the monitoring control, both in surface and in the tunnel.
- Prepare or supervise preparation of all data, charts, plots, maps, records, and documents related to surveys.
- Plan and conduct ground surveys designed to establish baselines, elevations, and other geodetic measurements needed for the correct development of the project.
- Coordinate findings with the work of engineering and architectural personnel, clients, and others concerned with projects.
- Adjust surveying instruments in order to maintain their accuracy.
- Train and teach assistants and direct their work in such activities as performing surveys or level itineraries.
- Analyze survey objectives and specifications in order to prepare survey proposals or to direct others in survey proposal preparation.
- Develop criteria for survey methods and procedures.
- Develop land survey plans, cross-section drawings, records and documents pertaining to land surveys for surface and buildings construction.
- Analyze the measurements and other relevant land surveying information obtained during construction activities and pass on the information to the relevant project resources (construction, technical, engineering, management, etc.).
- Supervise junior land surveyors and land surveying field crews.
- Serve as subject matter on survey to provide comparison and benchmarking across various projects
- Implementation of geodetic networks using least squares adjustment.
- 20 plus years of experience needed.
- Experience in TTC projects
- Experience in road, rail and tunnel design software CLIP, MDT
- Experience in TBM (Tunnel Boring Machine) guidance system (TACS) needed (10 years)
3850 HIGHWAY 7
Salary range $ 75 000.00 to $100 000.00
To be part of an exciting professional organization with offices around the world, we invite you to submit a detailed resume.
We thank you for your interest in this position. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. OHL Canada is an equal opportunity employer.
Principals only, Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster. Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Indeed - 7 months ago
Obrascón Huarte Lain (OHL) est l'un des plus grands groupes internationaux de concessions et de construction dans le monde....