Two projects currently at OAG require .Net Development and Application Support: Audit Application Practice Team (AAPT) business application and Product Code Management Application. They both are being developed using Visual Studio 2012 using Entity Framework 5, WCF and MVC4. We’re implementing using a Service-Oriented architecture approach so that services can be leveraged by multiple applications going forward.
The Office of the Auditor general of Canada (“Office”) is currently in the process of redesigning its AAPT business application. This application is critical to facilitate audit management within the Office. In order to ensure users have new applications that are highly productive and extendible for other parts of the Office, the Office seeks expert to assist the in-house developers. The goal is to develop and deliver the new business application successfully and on-time following the service-oriented architecture principles defined by the Office.
The temporary application support assistance is for one senior developer and would be for 60 days and an option for 30 more days to end no later than March 31st, 2014.
The Programmer/Analyst will develop Microsoft .Net applications and will be required to conduct the following duties:
- Review project documentation to become familiar with the scope, objectives, and schedule of various projects within the section;
- Review and apply project and coding standards for development and documentation;
- Review documentation and mock-ups and consult with business analysts to obtain an understanding of the business requirements and processes for system releases;
- Analyze business requirements and design appropriate application architecture and application/database solutions;
- Develop and test application/database solutions and reports to meet approved business requirements;
- Develop in ASP.NET (VB.Net, C, C++, C#).
- Lead a development team
- Architect .Net Applications
- Design Entity Relationship Diagrams.
- Develop web-based applications using MVC capabilities and best practices that leverage data through an Entity Framework implementation and WCF.
- Design Service-oriented architecture applications that leverage Web services constructed using the Windows Communications Foundation (WCF).
- Develop web applications using MVC 4.
- Develop applications using data from Microsoft SQL Server databases through Entity Framework Develop applications using Microsoft Visual Studio
- Support other developers on the team and answer their questions, provide solutions to issues that arise in the implementation.
- Conduct demos of application releases to members of the Project Team and other project stakeholders;
- Complete required documentation throughout project lifecycle according to project guidelines;