Plant / Production Manager
Heavy Fabricated Metal Products
OEM Consulting is a proven provider of business and operations management consulting. We offer our clients a wide range of services designed to help achieve increased profitability and optimal performance within their organization. www.oemconsulting.ca;
Our client, an established metal fabrication company of 45 years and located in southern Ontario has an exciting management opportunity for the right candidate. The company has a rich history of completed architectural metal fabricated projects that can be found in some of the most recognizable buildings in North America as well as fabricating large OEM welded parts for many fortune 500 companies. This is not just any metal fabrication company – they have the equipment, talent, and resources to handle the most complex of design. If you have what it takes to work for one of the most respected metal fabricators in North America – we want to talk to you.
Job Number: 201303
Job Location: Guelph, Ontario
Job Category: Operations Management
Status: Full time
KEY TRAITS WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Hands-on – shop floor type
- Experience in a heavy metal fabrication environment
- Above average knowledge in welding, metal working, and machining applications
- Good communicator with a demonstrated ability to manage people effectively
- Firm yet fair with an ability to gain shop floor respect
- Lead by example
- Live or be willing to re-locate within 20 minutes from the factory
- Supervise and coordinate all shop floor activities and sets labor schedule, alters/changes time tables in order to effectively meet client deadlines and manufacturing metrics.
- Responsible for staffing levels, performance evaluations, and disciplinary action as required.
- Assure compliance with all applicable safety requirements.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment and will not tolerate those who do not comply.
- Coordinate efficiency improvements, inventory, and manufacturing methods to achieve production schedules and financial goals, utilizing knowledge of processes, procedures, routes, and lean manufacturing.
- Ensure the accuracy, completeness, and condition of the work insuring that the manufacturing processes are capable of producing the highest quality manufacturing methods.
- Apply continuous improvement, lean manufacturing concepts to improve the manufacturing capabilities.
- Ensure and maintain equipment in good working order.
- Work order administration; assure timely movement of product within the inventory system to reflect the physical status of said materials. Resolve outstanding balances as required basis.
- Ensure the most cost-effective equipment and processes are utilized while maintaining delivery requirements.
- Provide accurate complete production documentation consistent with delivery and tracing capabilities.
- Maintain / develop processes to ensure quality of products. Review production of products with engineering.
- Work with purchasing to reduce raw materials inventory while maintaining delivery requirements.
Requirements for this position include:
- Post secondary education preferred or vocational school, and a minimum of 10 years experience in metal fabrication industry.
- Supervisory experience of a plant with 50–100 hourly and 4–5 Lead hands and must include 5 years of shop management or administrative experience, specifically in a heavy metal fabrication shop environment.
- Ability to understand and effectively carry out complex oral and written instructions, including the interpretation of drawings, sketches, and blue prints.
- Must be able to communicate jobs/project effectively to personnel as well as relay any updates/reports/ changes to upper management.
- Must be a hands-on supervisor with the ability to delegate responsibilities under the right conditions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to provide technical assistance with production, engineering, vendors, and management.
- Must have good organization and time management skills and be able to effectively manage daily meetings.
- Proven track record of cost and efficiency improvements and proven ability to work in cross-functional teams to exceed corporate goals and objectives.
- Experience with CNC machines, punch and brake presses, mills and lathes, burn tables, and other related equipment is an asset.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proactive quick-thinker with the ability to identify and troubleshoot problems within the manufacturing process and adjusts accordingly.
- Overall responsibility for a 2 shift operation
- Must have good computer skills – windows based word & excel
In addition to excellent career growth opportunities, our client offers a competitive wage and comprehensive benefits package including: insurance (life, medical, dental, vision), paid holidays, paid vacation, and RRSP matching contribution plan.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Email your resume to the attention of Gene Allevato at OEM Consulting
Indeed - 14 months ago
OEM Consulting is a proven provider of business and operations management consulting. We offer our clients a wide range of services designed...