The Oakville Hydro Engineering Department has a vacancy for the position of Draftsperson (Group 7), reporting to the Supervisor of Drafting & Records.
- Maintain electronic drawings and create new electronic drawings for electrical distribution construction, including overhead projects, underground projects, subdivisions, pad pages, standard drawings, etc.
- Maintain, edit and import distribution network information into the ESRI ArcFM Geographical Information System (GIS)
- Perform recording/drafting for permanent records, job documents and associated drawings
- Issuing of permanent records/drawings as required by other departments
- Perform CAD and GIS functions within database programs
- Modify, import, translate graphics and non-graphics data
- Other duties such as maintaining records for switches and other equipment information, updating drawing indexes, sending drawings to external vendors for printing
Applicants for this position are required to have the following qualifications:
- Completion of a CAD or GIS program at the community college level or a technical degree/diploma that requires extensive use of GIS and AutoCAD
- Excellent working knowledge of Windows, AutoCAD/Map3D, ESRI ArcMap/ArcFM, ACCESS Database Manager
- Two years of drafting and GIS experience in an electrical utility or related business
- Knowledge of electrical distribution systems and related drawings
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- An excellent attendance and safety record and a strong safety awareness
Please apply by November 23, 2012.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted. No phone calls or third parties please.
Indeed - 2 years ago