Nygard Employee Reviews in Canada

Great Work Environment
SALES ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, QCMay 2, 2016
I was hired for the winter/holiday season. The supervisor's that I had while working at Nygard were understanding that it was my first job and were willing to teach. There was no gossip of other employees which encouraged a positive working environment. I have nothing bad to say about my experience at Nygard except that I would have liked to have been informed of my release sooner than a week in advance.
Pros
employees were friendly
Cons
little time to find new job
My family
Sales (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBOctober 23, 2015
A typical day at work is being able to make customers laugh and enjoy themselves at our store and leave any negative thoughts about themselves behind and walk with an air of confidence in every purchase.
The most enjoyable part of my job there was meeting so many sweet kind ladies and having them grow to be apart of my life and have a long lasting friendship with them.
I took to my heart learning that life is short we cant take family and our final days for granted because there are other people who would wish to have our time. My co-workers are my family i love those ladies like nothing else the singing the dancing the love and the bonding honestly made coming to work feel like i was just coming back home.
The hardest part of the job of the job was hearing some of the stories that were shared with me. Management was amazing
Pros
Amazing staff and Co-workers
Cons
Shortage of Hours
Fun, good management, good co-workers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pembroke, ONSeptember 26, 2014
Days are usually busy between 11 am and 2 pm
Learned more in depth knowledge re; Clothing industry
Good management at store level
Co-workers easy to get along with
Hardest part of job is not being able to budget because of not knowing how many hrs you'll get from wk to wk; shifts get cut sometimes and you can't depend on a secure income. Good for someone who just needs pocket money but very hard to support oneself. All jobs except management are part-time.Fluctuates between 8 and around 24 hrs per wk.
Most enjoyable part of job is interacting with clientele. We get mostly return customers so you are able to build a relationship with them.
Amazing co-workers + management. great environment to work
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Brampton, onNovember 11, 2014
I have been in the retail industry for over 5 years to date. Working at Nygard is def a great opportunity as the company itself is so motivating to work with. Each employee is treated with immense amount of respect and attention.
Nygard
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 12, 2013
The typical day at work would be cleaning the store and selling to customers that walk through our doors. I have learned how things work on the store and how things should look. When it comes to management they are fairly good but need to be somewhat friendlier then they are and more approachable to for customers. The hardest part of the job is trying to get your customers to buy something because many of our customers are fairly picky. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work by myself but it can also be lonely but it is enjoyable and being able to help a customer find what they are looking for and have them leave happy.
Pros
learning to work by myself and being trusted to do so.