Nygard International

Nygard International Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fashion company but amazing in Technology
Travel Consultant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 15, 2014
A true paperless company. Patience is required in lots of fields. Be ready to burn the midnight oil.
Poor leadership
assistant manager (Former Employee), SaskatchewanAugust 26, 2014
Pros: very easy to sell to customers
Cons: too much time for breaks
I was there briefly and it was a very poorly managed store. Manager would stand behind the till and chat with employees. I would be running around trying to help a bazillion customers, then when I'm at the till ringing in the sales I would be told that I have to share my sales with other team members. Because that's how they do it, despite, as she said, – more... they aren't supposed to do that. They wasted a lot of good sales opportunities by ignoring customers only until the customer asked to be let into a changing room or was ready to pay. I previously worked in a way more structured environment with sales targets and so on. Here, they just free-styled the day. No targets or goals, no daily gearing up or staff, no setting of directions, nothing. What upset me the most was being told that I had to give even the manager some of my sales when she was at lunch! How dishonest is that! Then as soon as she came back, she and another woman took all the sales while I got nothing. So I had to "share" my sales with them while they exceeding my sales amount and left me way behind in terms of sales for that day.
p.s- We were making commission. – less
Nygard Review Summary
Retail Business Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 14, 2014
- Very productive workplace
- Fast-paced environment
- Co-workers are very helpful and knowledgeable
Professional clean working environment
Service Centre Shipping Supervisor (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJune 20, 2014
Pros: cafe in the service centre with an excellent chef
Cons: long hours
Good working enviroment

Have learned different skills ie dealing with people in a productive and professional manner

Professional management

Working to ensure all product is shipped on time at the end of the day. Can on occasion be like putting a square peg in a round hole

Dealing with co-workers in the service centre
Nygard
Store Manager (Former Employee), regina, skJune 20, 2014
Pros: above
Cons: dont care to say
Love the product and the customers I dealt with daily, Clothing benefits awesome
Productive Workplace at Nygard
MANAGER ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 29, 2013
Pros: free lunches, benefits
Cons: not paid overtimes
Projected a professional image through phone interaction with the clients and employees.The enjoyable part was to prepare agendas, boards, various business meetings and organize–office equipment for video conference meetings which helps me to develop strong computer skills. The hardest part of the job was stress because of delay in delivery of merchandise.
I started out as fulltime employee when store opened and was Manager when I left.
Asst.Manager&Manager (Former Employee), Pine Center Mall, Prince George, BCJuly 13, 2013
I truly enjoyed the job and everything I learned as well. I found as manager there was days when I could have used more support from my peers. I took ownership of the store when I became manager but it was really hard to find help that was willing to do the same. Maybe I expected to much. I enjoyed my customers to the fullest and miss them terribly. – more... The company was hard to work for and when I left they hired the third manager in a year. – less
Quiet and calm work place, was very productive.
Receptionist (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 8, 2013
Pros: easy job, nothing too complicated.
Cons: long hours in the summer
Checking voice mails.
How to do payroll for office employees in Main offices in Canada.
Handled customers on the phone and in person.
Clocking Employee's in and out of the building.
Worked alone.
Management was very good and polite.
Hardest part of job was not being fully explained how to do a job, and not being able to finish it.
Most enjoyable part – more... was greeting the friendly workers. – less
Not a good place to stay
M2C Analyst (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 25, 2013
Cons: long hours, no breaks, bad management
You cant work there very long, because the company doesn't appreciated what have you been contributed to the company. Plus bad management makes work harder and stressful.
High demands for low pay but good discounts for employees
Store manager (Former Employee), Nova ScotiaApril 18, 2013
Pros: employee discount, free clothes
Cons: too many quotas to meet, budgets too high to get.
Upper management was very demanding- store setup had to be perfect, needed lots of outside events...oftentimes I felt it took away from in-store customer service when we had to be so focused on outside goings on.
Sales budgets were high- very difficult to reach, and lots of pressure to hit them. High expectations of associates- lots if different quotas – more... to reach...pressure at every level of worker.
Employee discount was great, along with free clothing, but very difficult to earn free clothing- budgets were too high to be able to earn much. And even harder to earn commission.
Overall, lots of demands for minimum wage. – less
Nygard Internation
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 2, 2013
Pros: in a mall. peak hours
Cons: if you don't work at peak hours you wont make $$$
I worked at Nygard-Alia at Cloverdale Mall, as a part time sales associate. The job was okay but with a mall like Cloverdale they wanted a lot. Wasn't to fond of the upper management.
good experience
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 16, 2013
First job was doing payroll at Nygard. Great eye opener-stay in school! Low paying, difficult to advance, average benefits. Grumpy people to work with because they were mostly all over worked and under paid.
Good people to work with but too many on the floor
Associate (Former Employee), Heart Land TowncenterSeptember 22, 2012
Pros: discounts for employees and good people
Cons: long hours on your feet in dress shoes, too many employees vs customers
I worked in the Heartand store for a few months. But with this location there were often too many people on the floor when there were no customers. Most of the people I worked for were nice and the manager wasn't too bad.
A typical day is going through your department and making sure the sizes are in order and putting things back where they belong and – more... learning how to operate their registers.
The hardest part is getting customers to recognise you, when you're just starting there you don't have a name tag, so you have to repeat you name or let some one know that you're serving that customer. It seamed like every customer was all ready being helped by another employee.
It's commision work, but I never saw my commision, apparently stores that are not inside a mall have to meet a sales goal and the goal was never met. I earned almost $800 commision in one day and never saw a penny of it. On this day another co-worker that I thought I was getting along with decided to yell at me and tell me that I wasn't doing my job. In the end I felt like I was being forced to sell things and I never want to be in that position. – less
Great company but district managers are too much.would still be there if it was not for them.
Store Manager (Former Employee), OntarioJuly 3, 2012
Pros: the clothing was beautiful and you got great discounts
Cons: lack of support from the distric manager
Daily running of the store itself was good. The demand to do outside events took away a lot from the clients. The exisiting staff were hard to work with when it came to stealing sales and trying to meet all teir demands while trying to make the store productive. I enjoyed the company a lot and wish things had been different for me there. i miss the – more... clients very much. – less
it fun to work in a prductive line
Quality Control Auditor (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 29, 2012
Pros: free dinner when work over time
Cons: i work lots of over time
my days at work is good.
i have learned alot about inspection and measurement of garments.
management is good.
i coperate and get along well with all of my co-workers.
the hardest part of the job is when finding lots of defects and measurement problems on the garments.
the most enjoyable part of the job is when learning about different duties in other – more... areas. – less
Challenging Place
Communication Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 7, 2014
Workplace where you should be handle to multitask at all time ,handle great pressure.
LOOKING AFTER THE COMPLETE PROCESS OF MANUFACTURING, QUALITY CONTROL AND SHIPPING. SOURCING AND DEVELOPING NEW FACTORIES AND NEW PRODUCTION AREAS
COUNTRY MANAGER FOR EGYPT AND JORDAN (Former Employee), cairoApril 24, 2014
SOURCING AND DEVELOPING NEW FACTORIES AND NEW PRODUCTION AREAS.
RESPONSIBLE FOR COMPLETE MANUFACTURING AND SHIPPING GOOD QUALITY PRODUCT OUT OF EGYPT AND JORDAN
STARTED WITH ONE FACTORY IN ONE COUNTRY AND DEVELOPED THE BUSINESS TO 7 PLUS FACTORIES IN THREE DIFFERENT COUNTRIES – more... EGYPT , JORDAN , ETHIOPIA.
STARTED BUSINESS WITH ONE FACTORY WITH 500,000 PCS YEARLY AND TOOK THE BUSINESS TO 7 PLUS FACTORIES IN THREE DIFFERENT COUNTRIES WITH MORE THAN 3.5 MN PCS YEARLY. – less