Nygard International Employee Reviews

Management does not respect employees
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 July 2017
The management and senior management levels of the company do not respect their employees. Many employees have been there for several years and have not received a wage increase. The bonus system is also very poor. Benefits are not bad unless you are a senior level employee, then benefits are much better. Bonus systems are mostly based on company performance and your personal performance levels are done by management. They never give you higher than 80% of your personal performance. The company never "does well" on the bonus so you are lucky if you receive 30% of this allotment.

On the other hand, the people are great to work with. There are quite a few friendly and helpful people there.

One is expected to work a lot of weekends and overtime for nothing. It is just expected. You can not take time in lieu of overtime put in.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Expected overtime, no pay increases in at least 7 years
Awful work environment
Part Time Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON10 July 2017
Wage 11.40 no raise even after a year
Employees negative due to the way they are treated by area manager
Turn over very high
Environment air conditioner broke over 3 weeks now... it's over 89 on some days...very poor quality of air and no fans brought in
Area manger very disrespectful/rude to staff and talks about everyone behind there back, lies to staff and her boss...and she steals cloths...karma will bite this lady in the behind
Recommendations to work there Absolutely NOT!
Cons
Enjoyed being there every day
Assistant Manager/Act.Mgr (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 June 2017
Every day was exciting and challenging
Wonderful staff
The best customers
Great product, so easy to promote and sell
Upper Management was always there to help you if you had questions or concerns
The clothing credits are wonderful.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Nova Scotia21 April 2017
Its a pretty good place to work since they decided to start Sharing Sales among all the staff but the ones who don't work for it leave's everyone else doing the lions share, the personal sales goals are unrealistic when everyone is sharing sales. Did not start that way but its something new in 2017 not sure if its all the stores but there are a few i know of doing it to boost moral but there are workers who don't bother doing their jobs now because they simply don't have to anymore on paper there golden.
Pros
Clothing credits
Cons
sales sharing
Miserable place to work
Head office employee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 March 2017
Worst place to work. Horrible management. They time you in and out and on breaks like you're in prison. If you don't sign in the morning to your computer by 8:30 so if you are 1 Min late that gets CC'd to the President of the company and is deducted from your bonus. Managers don't do any work and very unprofessional. Do not think about working there!! Very cheap company and does not appreciate it's employees!
Demands to high
Management (Former Employee) –  Alberta1 March 2017
They come before your family, your job is the most important thing, not your children or anything else.

Always wanting outside events, plus if you are off and the company has a last minute event, you must return to work and work the event.
Pros
Clothing credits
Cons
Long hours, expected to be on call 24/7, no work life ballance, they demand more then they give.
A very diorganized company
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON23 January 2017
Rsm expectations were to high even with profit margins reached constantly on a wekkly and montly basis. Rsm enjoy giving lectures on a weekly basis without giving proper guidelines.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Worked too much off the clock
Good to start, but not so good for long run
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2017
Good if looking for something to gain some experience in the market. Projects with tight deadlines. Easy going co-workers; good team.
Pros
Wide variety of challenges
Cons
Low pay
I wish I can give 0 to the company
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 January 2017
I really wish I give give 0 to the company, mamagement is not professional and sometime may get abusive. Very stressful and always work overtime. can not get any recognition from the mamagement
Pros
Co-workers are very friendly and supportive
Cons
long hours, no break, stressful and disrespect
impossible to workfor
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nova Scotia15 November 2016
Not a good company to work for!!
the hardest part of this job, was staying there, and learning that all the bad reviews I gotten form people, was correct.
Pros
no pros
Cons
working there
Great people - just not enough from Head office
Store manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 October 2016
I really enjoy the staff and area management at Nygard. Managers do make decent money in higher volume locations. Head Office needs to realize that not everything is controllable - and 97% of the time it is NOT the store staff to blame.
Pros
Clothing credits
Cons
not enough help for store managers
Keep looking
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS28 September 2016
I worked for nygard for about a year as a part time sales associate. Throughout that year, the store went through 4 managers and 5 assistant managers. The store was run for a few months with no manager. By the time I had been there for 4 months, I was the only one who was still there since I started. We were expected to work 5 sometimes even 6 hour shifts by ourselves with no break. We would get in trouble if we didn't make goals yet there was little to no traffic in the store. It wasn't unheard of to work a 5 hour evening shift and not have one customer in the store. When I asked for full time hours, I was given 12 hours a week then told there were no hours and then a week later, they were complaining they didn't have enough staff and would hire a new person. I'm surprised I lasted that long. Management throughout the whole company was such a joke. Only heard from them when it was something negative.
Pros
Great customers
Cons
No hours, no respect, unreasonable expectations
Enjoy working with the customers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London On19 September 2016
I truly enjoy working at Nygard. Most of our clients are elderly and they can be so much fun to help build a wardrobe. My fellow co-workers are the best part of the job. We all work very well together. We all have quotas for the day but once we meet our quota we all chip in to make sure everyone gets their numbers. My manager is a wonderful person who tries hard to keep everyone happy.
Pros
the staff and customers
Cons
not enough hours
Don't Bother Working Here
Manager (Former Employee) –  Halifax Regional Municipality, NS19 September 2016
Received only one day of training as Manager.
Every store is run differently, no consistency.
District Manager doesnt return phone calls or emails.
They never promote from within
$11.45/hr for assistant manager
No customers- most boring job in the world.
Pros
Clothing Credit, use Internet on computer, no pressure to meet goals, commission over $100/hour, no supervision
Cons
Work alone a lot, boring, have to wear their clothing
Nygard summary
ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON15 September 2016
I got job to done this job so learned every until this job done, management is very organised and co-worker are very cooperative,when its take time,when I have done this job
Overall ok
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON3 September 2016
Alot of confusion and misleading info
Told one thing something else happening.....alot of uncertainly.company wants alot but not willing to give
Never feels like u belong ......Sales goals high and then if u don't make it ....wondering will you have work or unemployed.
Pros
Clothing credits good.
Cons
Wages poor ...sales goals high and management have hidden agendas.
Love the clothing and credits.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC27 August 2016
Commission based so sturred up unfriendly work environment. Corporate is a micro managing company and does not stand by their staff. A lot of turn over. They do not seem to want to keep the real dedicated workers, they like to keep staff in the dark so they keep the staff that do not really care or know what is going on.
review
Sales Representative / Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC28 June 2016
I come in and turn on the tv and start cleaning the pod and putting clothes away and fix the hangers I am constantly helping costumers and selling our product I am usually on my own and the day goes by really fast it is fun working for NYGARD .
Pros
Cons
have to work 37/5 hours no expceptions
Productive work experience
Service Centre Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 June 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Nygard. I was able to get my tasks done on time. There were lots of friendly people there to communicate to. Everyone was supportive. The hourly wage was satisfactory.
Awesome place to work
Designated store associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 June 2016
I really enjoyed working at nygard international. I developed management skills and nygard international is a great place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nygard International. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8