Nygard International

Nygard International Employee Reviews

Demands to high
Management (Former Employee) –  Alberta1 March 2017
They come before your family, your job is the most important thing, not your children or anything else.

Always wanting outside events, plus if you are off and the company has a last minute event, you must return to work and work the event.
Pros
Clothing credits
Cons
Long hours, expected to be on call 24/7, no work life ballance, they demand more then they give.
A very diorganized company
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON23 January 2017
Rsm expectations were to high even with profit margins reached constantly on a wekkly and montly basis. Rsm enjoy giving lectures on a weekly basis without giving proper guidelines.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Worked too much off the clock
I wish I can give 0 to the company
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 January 2017
I really wish I give give 0 to the company, mamagement is not professional and sometime may get abusive. Very stressful and always work overtime. can not get any recognition from the mamagement
Pros
Co-workers are very friendly and supportive
Cons
long hours, no break, stressful and disrespect
impossible to workfor
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nova Scotia15 November 2016
Not a good company to work for!!
the hardest part of this job, was staying there, and learning that all the bad reviews I gotten form people, was correct.
Pros
no pros
Cons
working there
Great people - just not enough from Head office
Store manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 October 2016
I really enjoy the staff and area management at Nygard. Managers do make decent money in higher volume locations. Head Office needs to realize that not everything is controllable - and 97% of the time it is NOT the store staff to blame.
Pros
Clothing credits
Cons
not enough help for store managers
Keep looking
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS28 September 2016
I worked for nygard for about a year as a part time sales associate. Throughout that year, the store went through 4 managers and 5 assistant managers. The store was run for a few months with no manager. By the time I had been there for 4 months, I was the only one who was still there since I started. We were expected to work 5 sometimes even 6 hour shifts by ourselves with no break. We would get in trouble if we didn't make goals yet there was little to no traffic in the store. It wasn't unheard of to work a 5 hour evening shift and not have one customer in the store. When I asked for full time hours, I was given 12 hours a week then told there were no hours and then a week later, they were complaining they didn't have enough staff and would hire a new person. I'm surprised I lasted that long. Management throughout the whole company was such a joke. Only heard from them when it was something negative.
Pros
Great customers
Cons
No hours, no respect, unreasonable expectations
Enjoy working with the customers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London On19 September 2016
I truly enjoy working at Nygard. Most of our clients are elderly and they can be so much fun to help build a wardrobe. My fellow co-workers are the best part of the job. We all work very well together. We all have quotas for the day but once we meet our quota we all chip in to make sure everyone gets their numbers. My manager is a wonderful person who tries hard to keep everyone happy.
Pros
the staff and customers
Cons
not enough hours
Don't Bother Working Here
Manager (Former Employee) –  Halifax Regional Municipality, NS19 September 2016
Received only one day of training as Manager.
Every store is run differently, no consistency.
District Manager doesnt return phone calls or emails.
They never promote from within
$11.45/hr for assistant manager
No customers- most boring job in the world.
Pros
Clothing Credit, use Internet on computer, no pressure to meet goals, commission over $100/hour, no supervision
Cons
Work alone a lot, boring, have to wear their clothing
Nygard summary
ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON15 September 2016
I got job to done this job so learned every until this job done, management is very organised and co-worker are very cooperative,when its take time,when I have done this job
Overall ok
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON3 September 2016
Alot of confusion and misleading info
Told one thing something else happening.....alot of uncertainly.company wants alot but not willing to give
Never feels like u belong ......Sales goals high and then if u don't make it ....wondering will you have work or unemployed.
Pros
Clothing credits good.
Cons
Wages poor ...sales goals high and management have hidden agendas.
Love the clothing and credits.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC27 August 2016
Commission based so sturred up unfriendly work environment. Corporate is a micro managing company and does not stand by their staff. A lot of turn over. They do not seem to want to keep the real dedicated workers, they like to keep staff in the dark so they keep the staff that do not really care or know what is going on.
review
Sales Representative / Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC28 June 2016
I come in and turn on the tv and start cleaning the pod and putting clothes away and fix the hangers I am constantly helping costumers and selling our product I am usually on my own and the day goes by really fast it is fun working for NYGARD .
Pros
Cons
have to work 37/5 hours no expceptions
Productive work experience
Service Centre Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 June 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Nygard. I was able to get my tasks done on time. There were lots of friendly people there to communicate to. Everyone was supportive. The hourly wage was satisfactory.
Awesome place to work
Designated store associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 June 2016
I really enjoyed working at nygard international. I developed management skills and nygard international is a great place to work.
great crew to work with, free clothing not enough pay to live on
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 May 2016
found management asked a lot of you without recognition other than ability to earn free clothing, and some commission, which was somewhat helpful but that didn't pay for the rising cost of living We were given a great dinner out with the team for high sales, which was enjoyable.Always busy and on the run so no time to get bored. A couple of events a month were fun but taxed staff. Exhausted at end of day, left little room or energy for outside interests.Too much negative reinforcement from middle and upper management.After a year never did take a full week of vacation due to restrictions and staff shortages and received no raise..
Pros
meals out, clothing, jewelry incentives
Cons
strong emphasis on what was wrong
Excellent Team Work
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON19 May 2016
I have never been more welcomed to a job than when I started here. Everyone is very welcoming and is happy to help you learn the ropes.
Great Work Environment
SALES ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, QC2 May 2016
I was hired for the winter/holiday season. The supervisor's that I had while working at Nygard were understanding that it was my first job and were willing to teach. There was no gossip of other employees which encouraged a positive working environment. I have nothing bad to say about my experience at Nygard except that I would have liked to have been informed of my release sooner than a week in advance.
Pros
employees were friendly
Cons
little time to find new job
Is a hard company to work for no support from upper management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 April 2016
I would come into work and hear we have to manually record "this" and "that" and send a report via email at the end of the business day to our divisional head in Winnipeg, which is not necessary, the company has a great inventory system but the people in high places have no clue how to use it. They keep adding on reports and charts and keeping their eye off the ball regarding selling. The management are trained in old school intimidation tactics and should be sent to respect in the work place courses.

I would suggest as short term work to build up or wardrobe then look elsewhere .
Pros
Clothing credits and employee discounts
Cons
Management from Winnipeg
Appreciate meeting and being with people everyday.
Asst. Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 April 2016
A typical day at work would be checking updates on promotions,markdowns and checking the store's direction towards the weekly budget. Making sure the store is tidy and the sales floor organized. Interacting and giving excellent service to customer is a MUST. Different comapanies has different systems so we have to welcome and embrace change as you learn day by day. I love the company and I am happy with the store but having a slow-learner immediate superior is what I considered the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is having to meet different kinds of people with different cultures.
Pros
Meal and transportation allowance.
Cons
Late working hours
Productive and fun environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON23 March 2016
- hardest part of the job is trying to deal with rude customers
- enjoyable part of the job is getting to get to know the customers and helping them with anything they may need; getting to do something new everyday
- great co-workers and management

2.9