Nuvia is an international nuclear specialist across the complete lifecycle from new build, through operations and maintenance, to final decommissioning and waste management.
A Intermediate/Senior Process Engineer is required at our Pickering office to support the continued growth of our Canadian business. The Intermediate/Senior Process Engineer will work on design projects to support our Canadian and International clients.
- Ensure designs comply with applicable codes and standards and meets the requirements of the client’s needs
- Development of designs to satisfy technical specifications, primarily using AutoCAD and/or Inventor
- Checking of design calculations, of designers and other engineers within the team.
- Prepare supporting design calculations to substantiate design.
- Prepare technical specifications
- Be involved in the quoting/tendering process to determine the best Engineering/Design practice and communicate them throughout bid team.
- Actively participate and contribute to design review, safety reviews, including Pre-Start Health and Safety Review Risk Assessments and HAZOP’s.
- Prepare design documentation throughout the design process including scope of work,
- Preparation of installation, commissioning and operating documents,
- Demonstrated ability to finish multiple projects on time and scale
- University degree in Chemical Engineering.
- Member of a Professional Engineering Association in Canada
- Experience in nuclear is preferred. It is a requirement of the position to demonstrate experience gained in a similar position ideally from a highly regulated industry. This could be from but is not limited to, Pharmaceutical, Oil & Gas or Food.
- Experience and/or ability of leading a technical team within a professional project delivery environment are necessary for this position.
- 6 to 10 years work experience in the design of systems for the handling, processing, storing, or transporting of nuclear or non-nuclear waste and/or decommissioning of contaminated structures.
- Strong communications skills; able to clearly communicate ideas and recommendations to technical and commercial team members.
- Contractor management skills are required.
- Technical experience could be gained from but is not limited to controlled atmospheres, chemical process plants, remote handling systems, equipment, sewage process, steam/pressure systems, cementation, pipes and pumps.
- Knowledgeable of CANDU systems and waste streams.
- Strong leadership, problem solving and judgment skills.
- Travel will be expected as necessary.
- Computer literate, including effective working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail, AutoCAD and Adobe Products
- Ability to follow through and complete overlapping projects.
To apply please go to our website www.nuvia-canada.com
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Indeed - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Nuvia Canada Inc. is a specialist nuclear services organization working across the complete nuclear facility lifecycle. We...