Research Scientist – Microbiology
NutriAg offers a wide range of state-of-the-art environmentally responsible agricultural bio-chemicals and specialized plant nutrients (including micro-elements) used for foliar feeding and fertigation. Our products are manufactured in-house and are distributed to worldwide specialty markets.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Design and execute media development experiments in shaken flask.
- Conduct fermentation process development experiments in lab reactor.
- Develop protocols for development of secondary metabolite experiments.
- Writing standard operation procedures for various equipment uses.
- A solid understanding of fermentation principles and instrumentation.
- Perform research with a significant degree of independence.
- Supervise research technician if needed.
- Good record-keeping skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
Qualifications and Characteristics
- Must have significant experience with microbial fermentation (fungi, bacteria and yeast).
- Minimum B.Sc. in Chemical, Biochemical or Biological Engineering, Microbiology, Biochemistry, or related field.
- Experience performing aseptic/sterile operations.
- Good interpersonal, written and oral communication.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Must be creative, highly organized, self-motivated, perceptive, and innovative.
- Must be proficient using MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint or equivalents.