Nurse Next Door Employee Reviews in Canada

Excellent Company to work for
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 28, 2016
I love working for Nurse Next Door , They care about their staff and clients . It is not just about the $ .. The care Designer is amazing , it is always easy to reach her when needed and she is quick to respond to emails , txts and Phone calls . They make sure the Clients needs are met and not only that but they ensure that the clients are not just a number . I love the fact that I can go out for walks with my clients and spend good quality time talking with them and reminiscing about their memories.Nurse Next Door goes that extra mile to make someones day a better day , It's not just about getting "things" done . I strongly recommend this company . If you are Caring , Compassionate, kind and willing to make a difference in someones life , then this would be a perfect company for you .
Pros
Excellent Communication with Care Designer
Cons
no gas mileage reimbursement
I cann't really review this company because it's agency
Care Aide/Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCJanuary 14, 2016
No Review because it's an agency. One does n't really see the management. we communicate via email and phone calls. I don't know much about this agency.
Can't live off the hours!
PSW/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONMarch 30, 2015
It's either feast or famine with hours. It would be very difficult to live off what is available. No benefits or km reimbursement. No training or advancement. Most of my client's have been really friendly and so is the DOC.
Pros
Approachable Owner/DOC
Cons
No benefits or $ for travel
Salary was not logical
Nurse Next door, LPN and Care giver (Current Employee) –  White Rock, BCAugust 6, 2015
I applied for LPN but I could not complete my work hours with LPN position,So I need to work as a care giver with only 12 dollars per hour.
A very difficult review for Nurse Next Door
Caregiver Lvl. 3 (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 22, 2014
A typical day at work is impossible to describe, due to the varying nature of clients and their care requirements. In the multiple years working there, I very rarely see other workers for the same company, at the same time. Management is very helpful on weekdays, but on weekends and holidays is occasionally hard to reach.

The hardest part of the job is the palliative work.
I like to read books , and i love to travel.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Milton, ONMarch 26, 2015
I I have extensive experience in preparing, cooking and serving nutritious meals, providing excellent personal care and companionship, and managing bedside and personal care and other aspects of personal hygiene. Besides personal support tasks, I can also carry out light housekeeping and cleaning work successfully. I am a hard worker and feel easy to assist clients during sitting, standing, walking, and kneeling.
I have a very good personally, never any problem with co-workers.
Horrible employers
LPN (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCDecember 3, 2014
They dont care about their employees, dont know how to manage their company. Theyre franchise partners dont know anything about the medical field All the management is unprofessional. Theyre unproductive. And dont know the law. The clients are just money, they dont care if they are happy so long as they get paid.
Pros
nothing.
Cons
work you dont get paid for.
Unprofessional Staff
Registered nurse (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKSeptember 15, 2014
I find the staff at Nurse Next Door to be very unprofessional and have poor communication skills. I was employed as a RN for this company for the past year, in which I had some concerns which I shared with them in an online survey. Because I was honest about areas that I hoped to see improvement in, I was black listed and did not receive any further shift offers. I have worked for many private nursing companies in the past that treat me with respect. Nurse Next Door made me feel like I was just a number needed to fill a shift in their business plan. When I called in sick with an ear infection I was told that ear infections are not contagious and that I should still be able to work. The company was upset that I would not accept shifts to work in a correctional facility (I am a pediatric nurse). All in all I had a horrible experience working for this company and I would not recommend it to anyone.
Nurse Next Door is a great company to work for.
Caregiver 2 (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCOctober 4, 2014
Nurse Next Door Victoria Franchise has provided excellent support. They are great to work for. You are trusted to do your best to care for clients. They provided a flexible work schedule. They trusted me and hired me when the knew I had no certificate or previous professional experience.
Pros
the clients make the job enjoyable and they also make you feel 'special'.
Cons
travelling to and from clients in victoria. oak bay, gordon head etc. during rush hour traffic.
Productive, fulfilling and fun
HOME SUPPORT WORKER (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 31, 2013
Working in any shift doing the activities of daily living of the residents, I learned that a persons life is too valuable and needs to give importance regardless of age ,gender,status etc. and treat them with respect, dignity and make them safe.Time is of the essence in everything that you do,and make it sure that you manage it wisely and with quality. The hardest part of the Job and always been going to be part of the job is when the residents agitates in the midst of busy day,it depends upon what kind of care is practicing in that facility,in that situation you need to be patient,understand where it coming from and practice safety to you,for the residents and to the other residents. The most enjoyable is that when they say thank you in their own special way(touch,gesture,smile,nod,etc),when you were able to give the care that they needed and made progress,and when i were with residents during activities esp music and other activities. I always give a hand and helped my co-workers when they need help ,encouraged,and giving support to the family as well.
good
Care Designer/ Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCMarch 18, 2014
lots of driving
great people
meet lots of new clients
Great staff and management!
Casual Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONMarch 1, 2013
Love working with a variety of clients! The management is very good and communication is awesome!
nurse next door
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 3, 2015
wonderful company to work for. Very flexible work hours. Great team to be apart of. You're not a number, you're a person to this company.
Pros
flexibility in schedule
Cons
gas not reimbursed
It is a great job ,your always kept up to date on changes,
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONJanuary 25, 2013
I just love the clientele,The NND is very understanding and helpful with your schedule.They work with you to help , what works best for you.
Pros
days off if needed, always respectful and thanking you for such a good job you do.
Cons
long time before getting placed on another job if ur client went to nursing home
Caring and fair employers
Licensed Practical Nurse / CG3 (Current Employee) –  Penticton, BCSeptember 28, 2012
Meeting the personal needs of clients on an individual basis. Managers value their employees and that makes for a satisfying work day.
The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you are helping to enable clients to live independently and making a difference in their day
very good if you are just out of the collage
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 3, 2014
I had fun working with this employer. they are the frst poeple who would gvive you a chance to work based on your capability and not ask for the experience that most employers would. you just have to ready to go and must have a car too.
Very demanding work, dealing with older clients
Care Giver (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 12, 2014
Only part time... they don't offer full time jobs. Pay depends on the clients situation.
Pros
not boring, dealing with many different clients & situations
Cons
only part time, constant change in work places ties etc.
A happy place full of cheerful people.
Care Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 12, 2014
- Fun working environment despite being indoors and in an office setting.
Awesome non cadi no bs
RCA /Ece. High risk caregiver. (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BCJuly 31, 2014
A us reliable and outgoing. Flexible and personal care is good
Pros
work as little or allotted
Cons
perks
Great staff and management!
Casual Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONMarch 1, 2013
Very enjoyable job. It is great working with a variety of clients and the staff communication is perfect!