Nurse Next Door

Nurse Next Door Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A very difficult review for Nurse Next Door
Caregiver Lvl. 3 (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 22, 2014
A typical day at work is impossible to describe, due to the varying nature of clients and their care requirements. In the multiple years working there, I very rarely see other workers for the same company, at the same time. Management is very helpful on weekdays, but on weekends and holidays is occasionally hard to reach.

The hardest part of the job – more... is the palliative work. – less
Nurse Next Door is a great company to work for.
Caregiver 2 (Current Employee), Victoria, BCOctober 4, 2014
Pros: the clients make the job enjoyable and they also make you feel 'special'.
Cons: travelling to and from clients in victoria. oak bay, gordon head etc. during rush hour traffic.
Nurse Next Door Victoria Franchise has provided excellent support. They are great to work for. You are trusted to do your best to care for clients. They provided a flexible work schedule. They trusted me and hired me when the knew I had no certificate or previous professional experience.
Unprofessional Staff
Registered nurse (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKSeptember 15, 2014
I find the staff at Nurse Next Door to be very unprofessional and have poor communication skills. I was employed as a RN for this company for the past year, in which I had some concerns which I shared with them in an online survey. Because I was honest about areas that I hoped to see improvement in, I was black listed and did not receive any further – more... shift offers. I have worked for many private nursing companies in the past that treat me with respect. Nurse Next Door made me feel like I was just a number needed to fill a shift in their business plan. When I called in sick with an ear infection I was told that ear infections are not contagious and that I should still be able to work. The company was upset that I would not accept shifts to work in a correctional facility (I am a pediatric nurse). All in all I had a horrible experience working for this company and I would not recommend it to anyone. – less
A happy place full of cheerful people.
Care Service Specialist (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCAugust 12, 2014
- Fun working environment despite being indoors and in an office setting.
Awesome non cadi no bs
RCA /Ece. High risk caregiver. (Current Employee), Kelowna, BCJuly 31, 2014
Pros: work as little or allotted
Cons: perks
A us reliable and outgoing. Flexible and personal care is good
Very demanding work, dealing with older clients
Care Giver (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCMay 12, 2014
Pros: not boring, dealing with many different clients & situations
Cons: only part time, constant change in work places ties etc.
Only part time... they don't offer full time jobs. Pay depends on the clients situation.
good
Care Designer/ Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Richmond, BCMarch 18, 2014
lots of driving
great people
meet lots of new clients
very good if you are just out of the collage
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 3, 2014
I had fun working with this employer. they are the frst poeple who would gvive you a chance to work based on your capability and not ask for the experience that most employers would. you just have to ready to go and must have a car too.
Job & Client Satisfaction
Caregiver to Geriatric Clients (Current Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaJanuary 20, 2014
Full day at work
Learn new things every day
Clients are happy
I am fulfilled
Productive, fulfilling and fun
HOME SUPPORT WORKER (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCMay 31, 2013
Working in any shift doing the activities of daily living of the residents, I learned that a persons life is too valuable and needs to give importance regardless of age ,gender,status etc. and treat them with respect, dignity and make them safe.Time is of the essence in everything that you do,and make it sure that you manage it wisely and with quality. – more... The hardest part of the Job and always been going to be part of the job is when the residents agitates in the midst of busy day,it depends upon what kind of care is practicing in that facility,in that situation you need to be patient,understand where it coming from and practice safety to you,for the residents and to the other residents. The most enjoyable is that when they say thank you in their own special way(touch,gesture,smile,nod,etc),when you were able to give the care that they needed and made progress,and when i were with residents during activities esp music and other activities. I always give a hand and helped my co-workers when they need help ,encouraged,and giving support to the family as well. – less
Great staff and management!
Casual Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONMarch 1, 2013
Very enjoyable job. It is great working with a variety of clients and the staff communication is perfect!
Great staff and management!
Casual Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONMarch 1, 2013
Love working with a variety of clients! The management is very good and communication is awesome!
It is a great job ,your always kept up to date on changes,
Health Care Aide (Current Employee), Brantford, ONJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: days off if needed, always respectful and thanking you for such a good job you do.
Cons: long time before getting placed on another job if ur client went to nursing home
I just love the clientele,The NND is very understanding and helpful with your schedule.They work with you to help , what works best for you.
Caring and fair employers
Licensed Practical Nurse / CG3 (Current Employee), Penticton, BCSeptember 28, 2012
Meeting the personal needs of clients on an individual basis. Managers value their employees and that makes for a satisfying work day.
The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you are helping to enable clients to live independently and making a difference in their day
great time helping others
Caregiver, Nurse Next Door, Edmonton (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 22, 2012
good way to help the community and the people. the structure of the job helped me in my communication skills.
Progressive and enjoyable
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), EtobicokeJune 4, 2012
Wonderful company to be apart of. Always striving for excellent client care.
Enjoyable and remarkable clients with some exceptions.
Caregiver (Current Employee), CAOctober 17, 2013
Pros: nice clients to be with.
Cons: nothing permanent for hours.
Love the work and diversity. Great clients to care for. I've learned to take care of their needs and give them the dignity they deserve. The hardest part is waiting for more work. The hardest client was an Alzheimer's patient in a convalescent home.