Nurse Next Door Employee Reviews

They don't care about you
care services specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 November 2016
They're a lie. They don't care about their employees. To them we are robots not humans. They just care about their image and money greedy. For the pay it's not worth it. They don't care if your sick or something comes up. If they need you they'll ask you to still work. Management sucks. I stopped enjoying going to work. I turned into a monster because of them. For anyone planning to apply RUN! ! it's not worth it. Over 20+ quit and for a good reason.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Management, pay not worth it, company does not care about anyone but $$
The other care-aides were dedicated carers
Care-aide (Former Employee) –  Qualicum Beach, BC17 September 2016
A typical day would be taking a lady swimming and then returning her home. This was twice a week.

Another typical day was waking a lady up and helping her apply creams to her back and legs, making breakfast and prepping lunch.

These were two hour and one hour shifts respectively.

The hardest part of the job was not knowing when I would have another client. The most enjoyable part - the clients once we became friends.

My co-workers were all very dedicated and good team players.
Pros
Lovely care-coordinator, Lily
Cons
Unreasonable expectations to travel long distances to get a shift, and the travel would not be recompensed.
Horrible Company you will ever work for
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Eedmonton6 October 2016
This company treats it is employees very poorly. They lie about everything when they hire people. They don't have benefit nor shifts plus people who works for them don't even know what they are doing most of the time. I strongly advice anyone not to apply them.The worst part is that they care only about their money and business not anyone else which you will see probably.
Very awesome company
Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC12 September 2016
Good company and great management. People who work there are great! They work around you and match clients with you according to clients needs and personality. Great experience working in the home health care. Helping to keep clients in their homes with some help. Very rewarding job.
Pros
Work around other job, matches you with clients
Cons
Low wage
Excellent Company to work for
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 June 2016
I love working for Nurse Next Door , They care about their staff and clients . It is not just about the $ .. The care Designer is amazing , it is always easy to reach her when needed and she is quick to respond to emails , txts and Phone calls . They make sure the Clients needs are met and not only that but they ensure that the clients are not just a number . I love the fact that I can go out for walks with my clients and spend good quality time talking with them and reminiscing about their memories.Nurse Next Door goes that extra mile to make someones day a better day , It's not just about getting "things" done . I strongly recommend this company . If you are Caring , Compassionate, kind and willing to make a difference in someones life , then this would be a perfect company for you .
Pros
Excellent Communication with Care Designer
Cons
no gas mileage reimbursement
Awarding
Caregiver- Home Support (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC12 March 2016
Love and look forward to seeing my clients every week. I help and prepare meals and more. The hardest part is loosing a client to age or health problems. My most enjoyable part is comforting and putting a smile on there face.
Pros
Enjoying lunch
Cons
I cann't really review this company because it's agency
Care Aide/Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC14 January 2016
No Review because it's an agency. One does n't really see the management. we communicate via email and phone calls. I don't know much about this agency.
I like to read books , and i love to travel.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON26 March 2015
I I have extensive experience in preparing, cooking and serving nutritious meals, providing excellent personal care and companionship, and managing bedside and personal care and other aspects of personal hygiene. Besides personal support tasks, I can also carry out light housekeeping and cleaning work successfully. I am a hard worker and feel easy to assist clients during sitting, standing, walking, and kneeling.
I have a very good personally, never any problem with co-workers.
Nurse Next Door is a great company to work for.
Caregiver 2 (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC4 October 2014
Nurse Next Door Victoria Franchise has provided excellent support. They are great to work for. You are trusted to do your best to care for clients. They provided a flexible work schedule. They trusted me and hired me when the knew I had no certificate or previous professional experience.
Pros
The clients make the job enjoyable and they also make you feel 'special'.
Cons
Travelling to and from clients in Victoria. Oak Bay, Gordon Head etc. during rush hour traffic.
A very difficult review for Nurse Next Door
Caregiver Lvl. 3 (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 October 2014
A typical day at work is impossible to describe, due to the varying nature of clients and their care requirements. In the multiple years working there, I very rarely see other workers for the same company, at the same time. Management is very helpful on weekdays, but on weekends and holidays is occasionally hard to reach.

The hardest part of the job is the palliative work.
Horrible employers
LPN (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC3 December 2014
They dont care about their employees, dont know how to manage their company. Theyre franchise partners dont know anything about the medical field All the management is unprofessional. Theyre unproductive. And dont know the law. The clients are just money, they dont care if they are happy so long as they get paid.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Work you dont get paid for.
Can't live off the hours!
PSW/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON30 March 2015
It's either feast or famine with hours. It would be very difficult to live off what is available. No benefits or km reimbursement. No training or advancement. Most of my client's have been really friendly and so is the DOC.
Pros
Approachable Owner/DOC
Cons
No benefits or $ for travel
It is a great job ,your always kept up to date on changes,
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON25 January 2013
I just love the clientele,The NND is very understanding and helpful with your schedule.They work with you to help , what works best for you.
Pros
days off if needed, always respectful and thanking you for such a good job you do.
Cons
long time before getting placed on another job if ur client went to nursing home
Unprofessional Staff
Registered nurse (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK15 September 2014
I find the staff at Nurse Next Door to be very unprofessional and have poor communication skills. I was employed as a RN for this company for the past year, in which I had some concerns which I shared with them in an online survey. Because I was honest about areas that I hoped to see improvement in, I was black listed and did not receive any further shift offers. I have worked for many private nursing companies in the past that treat me with respect. Nurse Next Door made me feel like I was just a number needed to fill a shift in their business plan. When I called in sick with an ear infection I was told that ear infections are not contagious and that I should still be able to work. The company was upset that I would not accept shifts to work in a correctional facility (I am a pediatric nurse). All in all I had a horrible experience working for this company and I would not recommend it to anyone.
Salary was not logical
Nurse Next door, LPN and Care giver (Current Employee) –  White Rock, BC6 August 2015
I applied for LPN but I could not complete my work hours with LPN position,So I need to work as a care giver with only 12 dollars per hour.
Caring and fair employers
Licensed Practical Nurse / CG3 (Current Employee) –  Penticton, BC28 September 2012
Meeting the personal needs of clients on an individual basis. Managers value their employees and that makes for a satisfying work day.
The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you are helping to enable clients to live independently and making a difference in their day
very good if you are just out of the collage
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 February 2014
I had fun working with this employer. they are the frst poeple who would gvive you a chance to work based on your capability and not ask for the experience that most employers would. you just have to ready to go and must have a car too.
Very demanding work, dealing with older clients
Care Giver (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 May 2014
Only part time... they don't offer full time jobs. Pay depends on the clients situation.
Pros
Not boring, dealing with many different clients & situations
Cons
Only part time, constant change in work places ties etc.
nurse next door
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 February 2015
wonderful company to work for. Very flexible work hours. Great team to be apart of. You're not a number, you're a person to this company.
Pros
flexibility in schedule
Cons
gas not reimbursed
Productive, fulfilling and fun
HOME SUPPORT WORKER (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 May 2013
Working in any shift doing the activities of daily living of the residents, I learned that a persons life is too valuable and needs to give importance regardless of age ,gender,status etc. and treat them with respect, dignity and make them safe.Time is of the essence in everything that you do,and make it sure that you manage it wisely and with quality. The hardest part of the Job and always been going to be part of the job is when the residents agitates in the midst of busy day,it depends upon what kind of care is practicing in that facility,in that situation you need to be patient,understand where it coming from and practice safety to you,for the residents and to the other residents. The most enjoyable is that when they say thank you in their own special way(touch,gesture,smile,nod,etc),when you were able to give the care that they needed and made progress,and when i were with residents during activities esp music and other activities. I always give a hand and helped my co-workers when they need help ,encouraged,and giving support to the family as well.

2.9