Want to join one of Canada’s most admired corporate cultures?
Purpose. Core Values. Culture. These are the foundational pieces of a world-class organization. Is there purpose behind what your company does? Do you jump out of bed each morning full of excitement and ready to take on any challenge that comes your way? Imagine if you could answer “YES!” to these questions.
Nurse Next Door is expanding across the continent and around the world and we need an individual who:
- LOVES rolling up their sleeves
- Knows that systems and consistency are everything for a growing company
- Digs getting into the details and has excellent organization skills
- Has a legal assistance or paralegal background
- Take initiatives to solve problems and knows the answer is always “Yes”
- Excellent communication skills with both external and internal parties
As our Compliance Specialist you oversee our legal processes and work with our legal providers to ensure we are compliant, and proactive. You will know where contracts are at, and how to get us where we want while weighing the risk and giving us options to make things happen. From trademark to franchise law, you will report directly to the CFO and work with our outside counsels to keep us organized, informed and timely. Your role will be a part of achieving our larger goal of being the most admired home care brand in the world. Your key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare basic and routine agreements, including Franchise Disclosure Documents, Franchise Agreement, commercial and other consulting agreements;
- Coordinate and execute various agreements with internal and external parties’
- Systematically maintain legal and compliance documents, both electronic and manual copies;
- Develop and continuously improve our legal document control database;
- Track significant dates and terms of the contract and agreements and produce reports on a monthly basis;
- Prepare various routine and non-routine (as instructed) legal/compliance correspondences to franchise partners;
- Maintain various insurance files and database and coordinate with insurance agents for renewal on an annual basis;
- Assist the CFO on risk review and provide input to manage our risks from a legal/compliance perspective.
You are business minded with a legal assistant background looking for flexibility and a fun, entrepreneurial company. Email your resume and cover letter detailing why you would be perfect for this role by June 20th, 2014.
We Make Lives Better – so let’s start with yours!
About Nurse Next Door
Vancouver-based Nurse Next Door is one of North America’s fastest growing home care franchise systems and is dedicated to delivering flexible, affordable care options to seniors. Founded in 2001 based on the personal experiences of Co-Founders Ken Sim and John DeHart, Nurse Next Door now has more than 80 franchise locations across North America and is focused on becoming a globally admired brand. In 2011, Nurse Next Door was recognized as a top 10 employer to work for in BC by BC Business Magazine and a top small/medium employer to work for in Canada by Queens University.