Nuna Logistics Limited Employee Reviews

unorganized Construction services company
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 June 2017
The project managers here are the worst. They have 0 idea whats going on. They dont even have site drawings. What a joke. The hire and fire staff from site all the time. Why not just transfer existing staff to new projects?
Unorganized and in the past.
Equipment leader (Former Employee) –  Yellowknife, NT5 April 2016
This company had everything backward. I was hired, directed and planed out scheduled. But when this plan was put into action, none of it was what they told me originally. I was instructed I would be operating a grader maintaining ice roads and flown into camp, operating day shift after receiving my orientation. Flight took 2.5 hours, and drive took over 13 hours after that, so after landing and driving over 13 hours to camp, foreman pressured me into working the same night I arrived. I explained to the foreman that wasn't a safe idea due to the fact of traveling for more then 15 hours with no rest, the foremans response was that everyone did It, everyone travelled to work for 14 hours then worked a 12 hour night shift. I told the foreman no! After he tried guilting me into it 3 times and me saying no 3 times, they told me they had nothing for me and were going to fly me out. I refused unsafe work, so they sent me back home?!?! Saying they had nothing for me?!? Why hire anyone if your going to have leaders that will break the law to meet production? Or cut corners by not orientating people before work is to commence. This place had little to no management in their supervisors. It is not a place I would go back to without safety in writing first. Once I got home then they told me I quit?!? I did not quit, I did what I have skill in. I was obligated to refuse unsafe work. They asked me to commute for 15 hours, then work 12 hours at the same night in a place I have never been before, operating a plow truck on thin ice with no medics or ambulance In the area. Needless to say, driving  more... over thin ice can be nerve racking on its own but doing it in the dark, with no way out of the work area other then driving, and our entire work force is building the ice roads. This process is a disaster waiting to happen, the question I had the first day up there, was how many lost their lives up there for the gold and diamonds, just to build the road in every year. It's a experience I will never go back to, I've been in construction for 38 years, and these guys don't believe in safety at all.  less
Pros
There were none
Cons
They have no safety policies and procedures enforced
Driven, Passionate about people and getting them home to families safely
Environment, Health and Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 October 2014
The role was a 'ground up creation'. Previous to my arrival the company was a small to mid level construction company with very little EHS exposure. Company realized to get better, more work their safety program including health management, hygiene and safety management required a lot of work.

From a 3.9 TRIF down to a 1.8 in less than 3 years showed desire and want to get better.

With several 'major' program creations, upper management support and desire to succeed the company was driven to adopt and utilize programs such as Drug and Alcohol, Return to work, Risk Management including better inspection protocols, including operating procedures, maintenance and mechanical procedures, Risk assessments and Task specific hazards assessments to the ground personnel accepting change that included field level risk assessments, safety observations on peers and equipment to quantifying leading indicators and the recognition of how important they are to an overall EHS program! Additionally the desire to remove personnel who were holding up change made the road to its success less bumpy.

Co-workers were one dimensional, focused only on their departments. This slowly changed but made work environments difficult at times.

Most enjoyable part is watching the plan come together, everything newly developed and implemented is working as designed and seeing how the workers responded to the consistent yet very transparent program coming together.

There was noting hard about the job. Always challenging and very dynamic. I never signed up for boring, I signed up to progress
  more... the company into something they did not even know they wanted until it was there.

Love the job, enjoy the company, the company will be successful if certain road blocks are removed.
Pros
Smaller company, making decisions easier, less buracracy, got to know everyone, even at site level
Cons
lack of good solid leadership
Not to Bad
Employee (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 December 2013
This place is a good place to work, great benefits, average salary for entry level positions. There is not much room for advancement in this company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nuna Logistics Limited. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4