Baffin Island, Territory of Nunavut
3 weeks in / 3 weeks out
Competitive wages, overtime at 1.5X
Flights and accommodations provided
1 Year term +
The Site Administrator assists the Project Manager/Project Superintendent/Operations and Human Resources. The Site Administrator maintains a professional corporate image as the corporation’s contact person with the client/customer, and various subcontractors and other corporations.
- Appropriately seeks advice and/or approval from Nuna Management and/or clients
- Effectively addresses project challenge
- Develops, coordinates and implements solutions to project challenges
- Works with others to address challenges
- Appropriately seeks advice and/or approval from Project Management and/or Nuna Management.
- Maintains reporting and communication procedures
- Ensures that the job site is safe, free of hazards and/or dangerous conditions prior to the commencement of any work
- Achieves performance according to Key Performance Indicators..
- Achieves performance according to contract deliverables
- Anticipates issues and implements solutions before problems occur.
- Accurately reports business results and key issues on a timely basis.
- Report to Supervisor prior to starting work and at the end of shift.
- Undertake other administrative duties as requested from time to time by the Project Manager/Project Superintendent/Operations/ and Human Resources.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills (verbal).
- Demonstrates strong planning knowledge and skills
- Applies Nuna policies and procedures in a consistent and conscientious matter
- Provides accurate and timely daily/weekly reports
- Collect and review employee timesheets on a daily basis ensuring all fields are completed correctly.
- Inform the Project Manager/Superintendent of any discrepancies found upon daily review of employee timesheets
- Accurately enter data from employee timesheets into the LME Database
- Monitor and enter material chargebacks into the database from invoices.
- Compile LME Reports produced from entries into the database for signed approval from the Superintendent and designated client representative.
- Maintain any required filing to support the database.
- Maintain Site Admin cross shift notes to keep cross shift informed and up to date of work activities that have transpired with the cross shift has been on days off.
- Review on a timely basis with Operations Office – any work activities transpiring on site affecting invoicing/billing (eg. Change to client work codes, labour and equipment rates, equipment movement, new subcontractors onsite.
- Manage confidential employee information and keep information locked in a secure area.
- Forwards employee disciplinary action records received from the Project Manager/Superintendent to Company HR Department in Edmonton.
- Provide administrative assistance with regards to employee forms, documents, and benefits.
- Assist with travel arrangements for personal from point of hire to work location and return.
- Management of rotation schedules and assessment of personal requirements
- Preparation of weekly crew changes for Yellowknife Travel Department and Client/Owner
- Coordinate project office supplies: ordering and maintaining inventory.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in recognizing scope of authority and protecting confidential information.
- Receives the public and answers questions; responds to inquiries from personnel, citizens, and others refers them to appropriate persons, as necessary.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of appropriate computer software (Prolog, Excel, and Microsoft Office etc.).
- Develops and maintains excellent interdepartmental relations to ensure an efficient and collaborative work environment.
- Communicates effectively and respectfully with site Employees of all origins.
- Communicates effectively to overcome cross-cultural barriers and create solid relationships.
- Communicates respectfully and effectively in a cross-cultural environment.
- Proactive in teaching, providing guidance and developing new employees with respect to Nuna policies and procedures.
- Involved in the process to identify manpower requirements and make recommendations to Human Resources.
Nuna’s vision is to be the premier northern provider of value adding mining and construction services while fostering sustainable Inuit,...