Nuna Logistics Limited – Saskatchewan
Nuna Logistics Limited, is a highly regarded civil construction company with hundreds of employees working across the Arctic and Northern Canada. Working often in remote locations, Nuna offers unique on-the-job experience and opportunity to build an exciting career. Our multi-disciplined teams provide a comprehensive array of services and innovative solutions to the most challenging and remote sites in Northern Canada. Nuna's core values of: Safety - Integrity - Teamwork - Respect for the Individual, the Community, & the Environment; reflect our reputation as a safe, cost-effective and innovative operator in the North.
Nuna Logistics promotes a work life balance. As such, all of our positions are on a rotational basis (2weeks in/ 2 weeks out, etc.).
- Ensures adequate site-specific safety orientation and training
- Communicates Nuna’s Safety Programs and ensures that HSEMS standards are maintained by all Nuna employees and sub-contractors working at site
- Ensure that standards are maintained in accordance with Nuna’s Health, Safety & Environment Management System (HSEMS)
- Maintains and implements emergency response plans and procedures
- Maintains programs for ERT/Mine Rescue (equipment and training sessions)
- Conduct safety audits, coordinate audit recommendations, and assist in the development of corrective action plans in consultation with project / department management.
- Conducts safety meetings on a regular basis
- Assists work sites in writing Risk assessments and Risk registers
- Maintains a system for recording incidents and provide statistical summaries to senior management on a daily, weekly and monthly report.
- WSCC/WCB claims: ensures documentation is managed in a timely manner from sites to Human Resources
- Maintains and upgrades all Health, Safety and Environment documents and manuals on a yearly basis
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a Safety Coordinator (or equivalent) Role
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in an earthworks, civil, or mining field
- Experience working at remote site locations
- NCSO or CSO designation (or equivalent)
- Certificate, Diploma or Degree in OH&S is an asset
- Solid computer skills including Excel and MS Office
Nuna Logistics has sites at several project locations, including Northern Saskatchewan, North West Territories and Nunavut.
We offer a competitive hourly rate
Overtime at 1.5x
Flights and accommodations
The Alabama Department of Public Health (ADPH) is tasked with protecting the Heart of Dixie from disease. ADPH offers a variety of health...