Foreman – Earthworks / Mining / Road Construction
Nuna Logistics has immediate opportunities available for Foreman at a couple of our locations / sites. Reporting to the Superintendent, the successful candidate will have an extensive background in the supervision and coordination of Civil site construction ( Roadways, earthworks) and workers.
The Foreman provides leadership and is responsible for scheduling; work planning; coordinating; supervising; assisting in cost controls. Responsibilities also include ensuring that established site goals are realized within established quality and safety standards while ensuring consistent and fair application of labour relations policies and procedures, proper apprentice training and productivity of crew at the job site and equipment maintenance within their respective area of operations.
- Strong knowledge and awareness of Health, Safety and Environmental requirements
- Ensure team members understand and comply with all safety policies and procedures
- Supervising, motivating and mentoring team members
- Ensuring work is being carried out in accordance with job scope
- Meet project deadlines
- Attend and participate in morning toolbox meetings
- Fill out and maintain any documentation that is required on a timely basis
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role on medium to large earthworks, mining and road building projects
- Knowledge / experience with ground disturbance.
- Ability to lead, coach and direct medium to large work crews
- Outstanding Heavy Duty Equipment experience
- Proven leadership ability
- Accomplished reporting skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Remote road building experience is a definite asset
- Willing and capable of working at a remote site with a rotation that is to be determined
Currently we have positions available at a few of our locations/ projects.
- Baffin Island
- Rankin Inlet
Nuna Logistics Limited, is a highly regarded civil construction company with hundreds of employees working across the Arctic and Northern Canada. Working often in remote locations, Nuna offers unique on-the-job experience and opportunity to build an exciting career. Our multi-disciplined teams provide a comprehensive array of services and innovative solutions to the most challenging and remote sites in Northern Canada. Nuna's core values of: Safety - Integrity - Teamwork - Respect for the Individual, the Community, & the Environment; reflect our reputation as a safe, cost-effective and innovative operator in the North.
Duration: 2-4 months + (with a great opportunity to become longer in term.)
Rotation: 2 weeks in / 2 weeks out or 3 weeks in / 3 weeks out (Depends on site)
Flights and Accommodations provided
Please forward your resume in confidence to:
Recruitment and Human Resources