LPC is looking for a fun, highly organized and detail-oriented team player able to own writing projects from start to finish. Must be creative, willing to learn, and able to meet deadlines in a demanding, fast-paced environment. Applicants should be positive, productive, quick and concise, with a strong ability to fulfill copy according to specifications. The right candidate will have knowledge of or interest in the financial industry and the stock market.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with marketing team members to brainstorm dynamic and powerful online promotions and ad concepts
- Conceptualize and fulfill original long-form advertising copy for LPC products and subscriptions
- Based on creative direction, maintain LPC style and brand standards through all copy and ad communications
- Work with creative manager, senior copywriter, and tech team to execute projects on deadline and according to specifications
- Interact with project teams to understand business objectives and audience demographics
- Working under the direction of senior creative, work to translate concepts into effective copy concepts or text
- Consistently research and monitor competitor marketing material, financial/stock market trends, sales/copyrighting trends specific to the financial copyrighting industry
- Other duties as required
The preferred candidate will have:
- University degree or college diploma in a relevant discipline (Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, English, Finance/Economics, Business)
- 1-2 years’ sales/ad writing experience
- Knowledge of or interest in the financial industry and the stock market
- Experience writing copy for marketing collateral
- Experience working in a publishing company is an asset but not required
- Excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills
- 3 relevant, professional writing samples (non-academic) from your portfolio
This is a full-time salaried position with the potential of earning bonuses. We offer a medical and dental benefits package as well as an RRSP sharing plan. The successful candidate will be expected to work out of office location in Woodbridge, Ontario.
Only applicants that include writing samples will be considered.
Deadline for application: September 19th, 2014