Nucleus provides personal support and essential homemaking assistance to high risk seniors and persons with physical disabilities living within designated areas in Mississauga, Oakville and two sites in Toronto. Scheduled and on-call services are available 24/7/365 to enable individuals to remain living independently in their own homes.
The HR Generalist manages the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources department. The HR Generalist manages the administration of the human resources policies, procedures and programs, carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: employee/labour relations, training and development, benefits, compensation, organizational development, recruitment, compensation, benefits and occupational health and safety.
- Labour relations - manage grievances, collective agreement interpretation, participate in negotiations, build strong relationships with union representatives
- Employee relations - be a point of contact for employees and managers about any areas of concern, build and maintain strong relationships with employees and managers
- Health & Safety - workplace audits, manage incident reports, investigations, WSIB management, back to work programs, H&S meetings, ensure employees are compliant with H&S requirements, providing and coordinating training
- Recruitment - full cycle activities, working with managers - sourcing, screening, interviews, assessments, offer letters, workforce planning, manage relationships with staffing agencies
- Develop innovative strategies to support staff and stakeholder learning and the effective transfer to the work environment.
- Apply subject matter expertise to employ varied strategies such as in-class sessions, on-the-job learning, online (e-learning, webinar), etc.
- Execute learning projects and initiatives in partnership with organizational stakeholders, including needs assessment, planning, design, delivery, learning transfer, evaluation and sustainability.
- Support organizational goals through the application of adult learning principles, change management expertise, as well as group engagement and team-building techniques.
- Provide facilitation, coaching, advice, training and team building at the individual, team/group and organizational levels, with an emphasis on the delivery of group facilitation to support team effectiveness objectives, and by sourcing learning programs or external consultants / facilitators
- Performance management - coach and provide guidance to managers on performance issues, assist with development plans, training, create a performance appraisal system and manage the annual review process
- Ensure proactive needs assessment and outreach to key stakeholders to develop organizational capacity.
- Policies and Procedures - create employee handbook, investigate and recommend best practices, assess existing policies and update if needed, communicate polices and provide training to employees
- Administration - maintain employee files and records, develop job descriptions, salary and wage bands, benefits administration
- Develop and sustain effective working relationships with Managers, Supervisors and staff at all levels of the organization when managing and implementing training and OD interventions and projects.
- University degree in relevant discipline and college certificate/post grad diploma in Human Resources
- CHRP required
- Minimum of 3-5 years of HR experience, with at least 2 years in a Generalist role, ideally in an unionized environment
- Knowledge of OD core competencies such as facilitation, conflict resolution, group process and project management and quality is preferred
- Understanding and knowledge of organizational development and change management theory, including use of various OD interventions such as appreciative inquiry and large group process is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult education principles, is preferred
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to deal with conflict and emotionally charged situations.
- Knowledge of training methodologies, including the use of alternate technologies such as web-based learning.
- Strong analytical and technical skills - MS Office, creating reports for key HR metrics. Knowledge of QHR is an asset
- Knowledgeable of ESA and employment legislation
- High level of interest in health and safety, strong working knowledge of health & safety best practices, legislation and WSIB
Nucleus Independent Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Indeed - 4 months ago