Assistant Manager, Community Healthcare – Full Time
Nucleus, incorporated in 1982, provides personal support and essential homemaking assistance to frail seniors and persons with physical disabilities living within designated areas in Mississauga, Oakville and two sites in Toronto. Scheduled and on-call services are available 24/7/365 to enable individuals to remain living independently in their own homes. Our vision is advancing consumer care and compassionate service delivery.
Nucleus seeks an Assistant Manager to play an important role in managing daily operations at our two sites in Toronto. The position supports senior leadership in providing clients with excellent service. You will lead a large team of Personal Support Workers in a unionized environment and be accountable for safe and efficient operational activities.
- Provide leadership, guidance and supervision to all Program employees, including hiring, training, orientation, discipline etc.
- Manage the day-to-day operational activities of the Programs as required
- Ensure compliance with documentation, departmental policies and procedures
- Respond to unresolved client and family member issues
- Schedule employees and submit payroll reports
- Prepare monthly statistical and administrative reports
- Provide appropriate communications and supportive employee tools
Skills and Qualifications
- Post Secondary Education in healthcare with a preferred focus on aging and/or disabilities. Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Minimum three (3) to five (5) years direct supervisory experience in a unionized environment. Experience working in a Healthcare organization considered an asset.
- Solid understanding of electronic staff and consumer scheduling software. Gold Care experience an asset.
- Knowledge of unregulated healthcare workers roles and functions
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Passionate about delivering exceptional service to vulnerable populations in the community
Please apply in writing, outlining your qualifications to:
Fax: 905-829-0555 (attention: Human Resources)
Nucleus Independent Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer