Nuance

Nuance Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Easy to get hired, lots of work
MLS (medical language specialist). (Current Employee), Edmonton, Alberta.September 30, 2013
Pros: flexible hours.
Cons: disrespectful management.
A typical day at work is you work from home as an independent contractor. You get the benefits of flexible hours, and tax deductions for home equipment (office set up, phone, internet, etc.) but the hassle of having to keep track of all receipts all year, all invoices, and doing your own taxes. Flexible hours are great for taking naps when you want, – more... going shopping when you want, picking up the kids from school, etc., and having the work available waiting for you in the middle of the night or whenever you feel like doing it, so five stars on lifestyle.

Income? Depends on how fast and accurate you are, and the particular software/platform of the particular account you happen to be on. Some platforms such as Meditech are very tedious and hard to be productive on, while others like Fusion are easier. MTs who have an account where they have to search demographics or deal with complex cc routing, etc., will not earn much money. These MTSOs need to learn that accounts like that should pay higher.

Management does not give a hoot about the individual MT. It is a money making company only. If you are fast and accurate, you will never get promoted, because they need MTs who can produce much more than they need team leads or managers, so don't be too good at what you do if you want to be considered for a higher position. After 9 years of working for Accentus I will never get a management position because I am a top producer. I have typed my way into a dead end. Management is also extremely disrespectful of the individual MT, ignoring any ideas you may have for improvement, telling you they know what they are doing, thank you very much. Team leads can be abusive and get away with it. There is no training program for team leads, so some are lenient and relaxed while others are obsessive, picky and abusive of MTs.

Co-workers are not a relevant topic when you work at home. You work in isolation. Management does not allow MTs to talk to each other; all emails to the team are sent by blind copy list.

The hardest part of the job is that no matter how hard you work, every day you get an email saying they need the whole team to work harder or they will lose the account, and you are left wondering if your efforts do anything and what would happen to you when the account is lost.

The most enjoyable part of this job is the flexible hours. Also, one is continuously learning new medical terms and procedures. If you find the medical field fascinating, and you don't need friends or any pats on the back ever, if you just need an income, this is a good job. – less
Pretty bad company
Solutions Analyst (Former Employee), WaterlooJune 17, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
I did 2 months of training for their software. Ended up doing bench calls. Nothing else. Was not given any other work that I was trained for. I was let go after 5 months. No warning.
Good Env to work
QA (Current Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCFebruary 22, 2013
not organized
no team work
lack of advanced management
the benefit is good
Teaches how to communicate effectively over the phone
Account Manager (Current Employee), TorontoNovember 19, 2012
Pros: independent work flow
Cons: commission structure not very rewarding
Basically taking inbound and outbound calls to customers mainly in North America
Productive and welcoming workplace.
Internship (Former Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCJuly 17, 2012
After being debriefed by my supervisor about the tasks of the day, I would get to work on my computer. The supervisor and other employees were very helpful in teaching me new skills and enlightening me to how it is to work in a professional setting. The people were personable and productive.
Very dynamic company, things chage fast, watch out.
Senior Sotware Engineer (Current Employee), MontrealJune 25, 2012
Pros: fun to work, a lot of new stuff
Cons: see summary
Good salary, great benefits, 4 weeks of vacation by default. Cool technologies, nice and quiet environment.
Smart people,
rational management - they also make tough business decisions easy ( you know what I mean ...).
Worked from home in a quiet, secure, comfortable environment.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Sahuarita, AZAugust 14, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, no dress code, no driving.
Cons: loss of a $50, 000 year saleary to half that after 10 years of experience.
This company is really a great place to work. Unfortunately, due to technology, medical transcription salaries were literally cut in half. Instead of typing reports in full, voice recognition has forced transcriptionists to work as editors, as the recordings type themselves.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Agent (Current Employee), KENNESAW, GA.August 8, 2014
very positive experience. i learned selling skills and how to be a good team mate.
Think twice..... if not more
Consultant (Former Employee), Burlington, MAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: $'s were good
Cons: too many....
If I knew what I know now, I would have thought again and again before joining them.
They play head games and are not trained to be polite. Everything is a demand - and when they (management) are wrong, there is no apology for wasted time. This goes across the board for most managers not just the ones you report to.
There is no training - it is sink – more... or swim. Do not expect any Standard Operating Procedure listed. Things change too rapidly.
Never accept a temp job from them. It will be your downfall – less
No opportunites for advancement
Quality Assurance Specialist Post-Delivery (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 16, 2014
Self explanatory, no opportunities for advancement in the MTSO so I opted to explore other options.
Applications Consultant (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLJune 30, 2014
Pros: training
Supportive management team and teammates. All tools to succeed.
Great company to work for
Principal SQA Automation Engineer (Current Employee), Burlington, MAJune 26, 2014
Overall Nuance is a great and friendly place to work, allows flexible work hours and provides great benefits for employers
Good
Database Manager (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAJune 14, 2014
Nuance Management is good and friendly.Good and friendly atmosphere.
Small workplace, and recent building upgrades
Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Mahwah, NJJune 4, 2014
Pros: upgraded bilding
Cons: long commute, advancement difficult
Good Place to work. Management styles differ greatly in each business unit, separated amongst groups. Minimal job reqs available in current office.
Not a Fan
Technical Consultant (Current Employee), Mahwah, NJApril 22, 2014
Pros: work with good people (no one in management)
Cons: forced to adhere to business casual dress code, which is not followed by any other office. looking at you, sunnyvale :-)
Too much work heaped on each employee. No resources available because the company continually buys new companies and then lays off senior, experienced people so the bottom line doesn't suffer. We have lost a huge amount of IP because of this practice. Maybe if the CEO and upper management stop taking millions every year, which ultimately comes out of – more... the pockets of their hard-working, long-suffering employees, the company could hold on to these experienced assets. Then perhaps they could pay a decent salary and bonus to those who are keeping the company afloat. One day, Nuance will implode, and there will be thousands of casualties worldwide.

The stock tells the story: from $30/share in 2012 to $16.32 today. Nuance has lost its way. – less
provided upon request
Senior HR Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Burlington MAMarch 28, 2014
Daily multi-tasking involved troubleshooting, managing projects, system configuration, research and analysis, testing, and implementation. Additional details provided upon request.
fun workplace as it is dealt with public
Casual Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Sydney International AirportMarch 24, 2014
Pros: staff discounts
Cons: it is a casual job
I enjoy my job as it gives me opportunity to serve people and at the same time I learn alot too
Trademark Paralegal (Current Employee), Burlington, MAMarch 15, 2014
It is a good place to work. They are flexible in allowing you to work from home on days of inclement weather etc. It is also a good environment. they have have a Foosball and ping pong table in the lounge.
Depending on what Mgt you work for, will determine your stay here.
Credit & Collections Analyst/Cust. Representative (Current Employee), Burlington, MAMarch 12, 2014
7 to 4pm job, great people. Mgt can be Fair. Social Group, Ping Pong Table, free drinks and popcorn.
Very dehumanizing workplace
Medical Language Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 4, 2014
Pros: nice tsm
Cons: awful
I have worked for several not so stellar companies in my life, but this company takes the cake completely. You are treated like a machine, expected to make them big money while paying you just barely above minimum. They actually took pennies away, no kidding, after they "merged" with the nice little company I originally signed on with. Upper management – more... has absolutely no idea what it is we do and doesn't care, as long as their pockets are being lined and lined well. I have seriously lost 100's of dollars with all of their "amazing technology" and changes since "merging."

If you are thinking about hiring on with this company, run and run super fast in another direction! – less

1 2 3

About Nuance

Nuance Communications, Inc. is the leading provider of voice and language solutions for businesses and consumers around the world. – Read more