Nuance

Nuance Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Voice recognition and Telephony meets at Nuance
Intermediate support engineer (Current Employee), Downtown MontrealJune 12, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
I had the chance to learn about an exclusive technology: voice recognition.
Add this to telephony systems and two worlds merge: telecom and IT.

IT and telecom are becoming more and more linked these days and I had the chance to be part of this new era.
Pretty bad company
Solutions Analyst (Former Employee), WaterlooJune 17, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
I did 2 months of training for their software. Ended up doing bench calls. Nothing else. Was not given any other work that I was trained for. I was let go after 5 months. No warning.
Good Env to work
QA (Current Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCFebruary 22, 2013
not organized
no team work
lack of advanced management
the benefit is good
Teaches how to communicate effectively over the phone
Account Manager (Current Employee), TorontoNovember 19, 2012
Pros: independent work flow
Cons: commission structure not very rewarding
Basically taking inbound and outbound calls to customers mainly in North America
Productive and welcoming workplace.
Internship (Former Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCJuly 17, 2012
After being debriefed by my supervisor about the tasks of the day, I would get to work on my computer. The supervisor and other employees were very helpful in teaching me new skills and enlightening me to how it is to work in a professional setting. The people were personable and productive.
Very dynamic company, things chage fast, watch out.
Senior Sotware Engineer (Current Employee), MontrealJune 25, 2012
Pros: fun to work, a lot of new stuff
Cons: see summary
Good salary, great benefits, 4 weeks of vacation by default. Cool technologies, nice and quiet environment.
Smart people,
rational management - they also make tough business decisions easy ( you know what I mean ...).
Sweat shop
MLS (Current Employee), massacheusettesDecember 23, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: new compensation plan, using pto for oow situations, no anonymity with qa
They promise great benefits and they provide great health insurance that is true! But I have to use my PTO to cover out of work times, therefore, for 2014 I have not been able to accrue enough PTO to take even a couple of days in a row off because I have to use it for OOW. I requested to take time off without pay because I ran out of PTO time and am – more... not allowed to do that.

The new compensation plan is wolf in sheeps clothing. They claim it is better but you have to work twice as hard to make the same amount of pay as before.

They claim their QA department is not biased but if one of the QA people does not like you they will find every little error they can to knock down your compensation, as well. – less
Fantastic company to work for; perfect example of teamwork
Applications Consultant - Healthcare (Former Employee), Burlington, MADecember 12, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: software does not always behave as expected
A typical day at work consisted of working with hospital staff, and meeting their training expectations. I learned the in's and out's of the speech recognition software I trained the radiologists'. I also learned time management by getting reports completed during the week and having free time on the weekend. Management and co-workers were all very – more... supportive we were all one big team. It was not a hard job to do, it was very enjoyable to travel to a different state weekly and meet new people. – less
It's a livelihood
Medical Transcriptionist Quality Control (Current Employee), Boston, MANovember 27, 2014
Pros: good coworkers
Cons: always running out of work.
I have very good coworkers, very helpful and patient. Management is also adequate. I have 11 accounts and unfortunately, am always running out of work. I can only take so many vacation days or flex my schedule. It is frustrating to be sitting here with little to no work.
Fast paced, productive company with opportunities to learn.
Global Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLNovember 12, 2014
Pros: pro-active management. morale luncheons, free soda, etc. cafeteria onsite.
Cons: often times even with the manpower available it was difficult to accomplish, everything in one day but this is what i like about a company. many things to do and learn.
Fast paced, productive company with opportunities to learn. Supported over 12,000 customers all over the world owned by Nuance.
Very casual environment, fun, young energetic company
Global Credit Analyst (Current Employee), Burlington, MANovember 6, 2014
Pros: good compensation, co-workers become your friends, health care benefits are great, generous bonuses
Cons: low room for advancement.
A very good company. Its success and growth have been increasing. Great product and services offerings, strong name recognition.

Casual, innovative and modern - very little micro managing.

Great place to work as well as great time with co-workers. Has a phenomenal company culture centered around a work hard-play hard environment.
Not bad to work at
Medical Language Specialist, US Region (Current Employee), Boston, MANovember 2, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: compensation per production
Manager is great and easy to talk to.
Hardest part of the job when you run out of work to do. Compensation is based on production and not per hour.
Excellent cash handling
Sales associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 26, 2014
providing excellent customer services to passanger.
Completing sales and transation at the cash wraps as well as handle customer issues. Balance cashier drawer daily and make deposit.
Production job
Master Medical Editor (Current Employee), United StatesSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
Have been a transcriptionist for over 25 years and learn something new everyday.
Not Enough Hours in the Day
Principal Business Analyst (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CASeptember 17, 2014
While the work is enjoyable and interesting, work life balance is next to impossible. However, I have the fortune to work with some amazing, brilliant, creative, wonderful people that I have learned a great deal from.
High pressure sales environment
Healthcare Account Executive (Former Employee), Burlington, MASeptember 9, 2014
Pros: you can make money here
Cons: they expect you to work 7 days a week
Even when you are over quota, management treats sales executives very unprofessionally and threaten your position constantly. Old school management tactics. 7 day a week job.
Pretty relaxed, somewhat chaotic
Systems Administrator (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLSeptember 8, 2014
Pretty good overall, good co-workers, systems kind of in a chaotic state.
Productivity
CLINICAL SAS Programmer (Current Employee), HSeptember 4, 2014
Less salary more work.
Management is not cooperative.
Coworkers are always cooperative.
Review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLAugust 26, 2014
Pros: making customers happy by helping
Cons: grouchy customers
Learned Accounts Payable and service billing.

Typical day was billing for service rendered for handheld Dictaphone/Ricoh products.

Management was great to us. We were rewarded with raises and bonuses.

Hardest part of the job of course was grouchy customers.

Most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers and hear them smile.
Fun Place to work for
Accounts Receivable Specialists (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLAugust 24, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: n/a
Awesome Management Team!! Open door policy.. Great Place to work

1 2 3 4

About Nuance

Nuance Communications, Inc. is the leading provider of voice and language solutions for businesses and consumers around the world. – Read more