Nuance

not organized
no team work
lack of advanced management
the benefit is good
Teaches how to communicate effectively over the phone
Account Manager (Current Employee), TorontoNovember 19, 2012
Pros: independent work flow
Cons: commission structure not very rewarding
Basically taking inbound and outbound calls to customers mainly in North America
Productive and welcoming workplace.
Internship (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 17, 2012
After being debriefed by my supervisor about the tasks of the day, I would get to work on my computer. The supervisor and other employees were very helpful in teaching me new skills and enlightening me to how it is to work in a professional setting. The people were personable and productive.
Very dynamic company, things chage fast, watch out.
Senior Sotware Engineer (Current Employee), MontrealJune 25, 2012
Pros: fun to work, a lot of new stuff
Cons: see summary
Good salary, great benefits, 4 weeks of vacation by default. Cool technologies, nice and quiet environment.
Smart people,
rational management - they also make tough business decisions easy ( you know what I mean ...).
provided upon request
Senior HR Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Burlington MAMarch 28, 2014
Daily multi-tasking involved troubleshooting, managing projects, system configuration, research and analysis, testing, and implementation. Additional details provided upon request.
fun workplace as it is dealt with public
Casual Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Sydney International AirportMarch 24, 2014
Pros: staff discounts
Cons: it is a casual job
I enjoy my job as it gives me opportunity to serve people and at the same time I learn alot too
Trademark Paralegal (Current Employee), Burlington, MAMarch 15, 2014
It is a good place to work. They are flexible in allowing you to work from home on days of inclement weather etc. It is also a good environment. they have have a Foosball and ping pong table in the lounge.
Depending on what Mgt you work for, will determine your stay here.
Credit & Collections Analyst/Cust. Representative (Current Employee), Burlington, MAMarch 12, 2014
7 to 4pm job, great people. Mgt can be Fair. Social Group, Ping Pong Table, free drinks and popcorn.
Very dehumanizing workplace
Medical Language Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 4, 2014
Pros: nice tsm
Cons: awful
I have worked for several not so stellar companies in my life, but this company takes the cake completely. You are treated like a machine, expected to make them big money while paying you just barely above minimum. They actually took pennies away, no kidding, after they "merged" with the nice little company I originally signed on with. Upper management – more... has absolutely no idea what it is we do and doesn't care, as long as their pockets are being lined and lined well. I have seriously lost 100's of dollars with all of their "amazing technology" and changes since "merging."

If you are thinking about hiring on with this company, run and run super fast in another direction! – less
Great stay-at-home job
Medical Language Specialist (Current Employee), Bloomington, IN 47403February 28, 2014
Pros: low stress, can do this job anywhere with good internet connection
Cons: very monotonous, always at home, a lot of sitting behind a desk.
I normally work a split shift. I start at 11 am until 4 pm and then 8 pm to midnight. Every month, this company offers a new online class that is very informative. This job is pretty flexible, and my manager is very helpful with any questions I have. I don't really know any of my coworkers because I do work from home and have never met them. The hardest – more... part of this job for me is actually staying at home all the time. It was my dream job when my kids were little, but now that they're getting older, I'd like to do something I am passionate about. The most enjoyable part of this job is that it is very low stress, no money spent on gas or work clothes. – less
Good Co-workers and location
Facilities Manager (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: too much management and not enough workers
Great to work with co-workers, management needs to change. Too many managers.
Technology enhancing Clinical Documentation Improvement
Planning / Sales Support (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: technology on the cutting edge - the best in the business
Cons: hours spent doing administrative tasks - time & travel, travel expenses . . .
On the edge technology company - facilitating the marriage between Clinical Documentation Improvement and technology. Dynamic sales team - interested in proliferating the work and benefit of a partnership with Nuance.
great company doing interesting work
Speech Scientist / Business Analyst (Former Employee), Mahwah, NJJanuary 30, 2014
I spent many years parsing, analyzing, and reporting on user experience of interactive voice recognition software. I worked on a great team and learned about everything from text parsing, perl scripting, SQL, and using MS Office and other tools to report on findings.
Hostile Work Enviroment, Age Discrimination
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLJanuary 28, 2014
Cons: see the above comments
A typical day there to say the least is very stressful. The pay is very low. Management carries double edged swards. Supervisor had no people skills. The hardest part of the job is working there. The most enjoyable part of the job is a FAT ZERO.
remote job from home.
Transcription (Current Employee), Roanoke Rapids, NCJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: at home job.
Cons: very remote, little contact
N/a. Poor review. Very little pay or guidance. No advancement, no bonuses, weekend work, no holiday pay.
Voice Recognition Sales
Senior Account Mg (Former Employee), Named Accounts MgrJanuary 15, 2014
Global Cutting Edge Voice Recognition firm. Helping the world speak!
Medical Transcriptionist/editor
Medical Transcriptionist/Editor (Former Employee), Tampa, FloridaJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: being able to work from home.
Cons: voice recognition performance standards
Very stressful working conditions, particularly when converting to voice recognition due to the fact that approximately 85% to 90% of physicians were those with English as their second language. The pay rate was reduced to one-half of that for transcribed material and performance standard was increased, making it extremely difficult and stressful to – more... meet the required standards. Having a holiday off was a luxury; for instance, if you were granted Thanksgiving Holiday, you could not request or be granted Christmas Holiday. Time granted for doctor's appointments or other time off had to be made up during the work week. – less
Good for some positions
Senior Human Resource Manager (Current Employee), Seattle, WADecember 30, 2013
It's hard to be a manager at this company.
It has great products and the Seattle office is fun and supportive. The work life balance is great for most - very flexible schedules. However PS is a tough place to work.
Too much administrivia and red tape for managers. Hard to get anything done. Sr. Mgmt doesn't trust managers to do their jobs and tends – more... toward micro-management.
For those in remote offices, it can be hard to get promoted unless you are willing to relocate (to Boston area). – less
A 5 Star Company and team.
Medical Transcription Editor (Current Employee), Laplace, LADecember 16, 2013
Pros: team support.
Cons: schedule.
From the start, this company stood out in terms of it's motivation to ensure the success of it's employees. It transcription is your career goal, you must highly consider Nuance as your first contact.
Unfair employer
Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Burlington, MADecember 6, 2013
Pros: good explanation of duties
Cons: quality and productivity requirements inflated
This is a big impersonal corporation that bought out the company I had worked for for 9 years in 2013. Their system of review was unfair and I was terminated on an unfair basis. I'm afraid at this point, I have no good word for them, other than the supervisors I worked under did try to be fair and were very helpful when I needed help.

1 2 3

About Nuance

Nuance Communications, Inc. is the leading provider of voice and language solutions for businesses and consumers around the world. – Read more