Nuance

Nuance Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Pretty bad company
Solutions Analyst (Former Employee), WaterlooJune 17, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
I did 2 months of training for their software. Ended up doing bench calls. Nothing else. Was not given any other work that I was trained for. I was let go after 5 months. No warning.
Good Env to work
QA (Current Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 22, 2013
not organized
no team work
lack of advanced management
the benefit is good
Teaches how to communicate effectively over the phone
Account Manager (Current Employee), TorontoNovember 19, 2012
Pros: independent work flow
Cons: commission structure not very rewarding
Basically taking inbound and outbound calls to customers mainly in North America
Productive and welcoming workplace.
Internship (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 17, 2012
After being debriefed by my supervisor about the tasks of the day, I would get to work on my computer. The supervisor and other employees were very helpful in teaching me new skills and enlightening me to how it is to work in a professional setting. The people were personable and productive.
Very dynamic company, things chage fast, watch out.
Senior Sotware Engineer (Current Employee), MontrealJune 25, 2012
Pros: fun to work, a lot of new stuff
Cons: see summary
Good salary, great benefits, 4 weeks of vacation by default. Cool technologies, nice and quiet environment.
Smart people,
rational management - they also make tough business decisions easy ( you know what I mean ...).
No opportunites for advancement
Quality Assurance Specialist Post-Delivery (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 16, 2014
Self explanatory, no opportunities for advancement in the MTSO so I opted to explore other options.
Applications Consultant (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLJune 30, 2014
Pros: training
Supportive management team and teammates. All tools to succeed.
Great company to work for
Principal SQA Automation Engineer (Current Employee), Burlington, MAJune 26, 2014
Overall Nuance is a great and friendly place to work, allows flexible work hours and provides great benefits for employers
Good
Database Manager (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAJune 14, 2014
Nuance Management is good and friendly.Good and friendly atmosphere.
Small workplace, and recent building upgrades
Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Mahwah, NJJune 4, 2014
Pros: upgraded bilding
Cons: long commute, advancement difficult
Good Place to work. Management styles differ greatly in each business unit, separated amongst groups. Minimal job reqs available in current office.
Not a Fan
Technical Consultant (Current Employee), Mahwah, NJApril 22, 2014
Pros: work with good people (no one in management)
Cons: forced to adhere to business casual dress code, which is not followed by any other office. looking at you, sunnyvale :-)
Too much work heaped on each employee. No resources available because the company continually buys new companies and then lays off senior, experienced people so the bottom line doesn't suffer. We have lost a huge amount of IP because of this practice. Maybe if the CEO and upper management stop taking millions every year, which ultimately comes out of – more... the pockets of their hard-working, long-suffering employees, the company could hold on to these experienced assets. Then perhaps they could pay a decent salary and bonus to those who are keeping the company afloat. One day, Nuance will implode, and there will be thousands of casualties worldwide.

The stock tells the story: from $30/share in 2012 to $16.32 today. Nuance has lost its way. – less
provided upon request
Senior HR Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Burlington MAMarch 28, 2014
Daily multi-tasking involved troubleshooting, managing projects, system configuration, research and analysis, testing, and implementation. Additional details provided upon request.
fun workplace as it is dealt with public
Casual Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Sydney International AirportMarch 24, 2014
Pros: staff discounts
Cons: it is a casual job
I enjoy my job as it gives me opportunity to serve people and at the same time I learn alot too
Trademark Paralegal (Current Employee), Burlington, MAMarch 15, 2014
It is a good place to work. They are flexible in allowing you to work from home on days of inclement weather etc. It is also a good environment. they have have a Foosball and ping pong table in the lounge.
Depending on what Mgt you work for, will determine your stay here.
Credit & Collections Analyst/Cust. Representative (Current Employee), Burlington, MAMarch 12, 2014
7 to 4pm job, great people. Mgt can be Fair. Social Group, Ping Pong Table, free drinks and popcorn.
Very dehumanizing workplace
Medical Language Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 4, 2014
Pros: nice tsm
Cons: awful
I have worked for several not so stellar companies in my life, but this company takes the cake completely. You are treated like a machine, expected to make them big money while paying you just barely above minimum. They actually took pennies away, no kidding, after they "merged" with the nice little company I originally signed on with. Upper management – more... has absolutely no idea what it is we do and doesn't care, as long as their pockets are being lined and lined well. I have seriously lost 100's of dollars with all of their "amazing technology" and changes since "merging."

If you are thinking about hiring on with this company, run and run super fast in another direction! – less
Great stay-at-home job
Medical Language Specialist (Current Employee), Bloomington, IN 47403February 28, 2014
Pros: low stress, can do this job anywhere with good internet connection
Cons: very monotonous, always at home, a lot of sitting behind a desk.
I normally work a split shift. I start at 11 am until 4 pm and then 8 pm to midnight. Every month, this company offers a new online class that is very informative. This job is pretty flexible, and my manager is very helpful with any questions I have. I don't really know any of my coworkers because I do work from home and have never met them. The hardest – more... part of this job for me is actually staying at home all the time. It was my dream job when my kids were little, but now that they're getting older, I'd like to do something I am passionate about. The most enjoyable part of this job is that it is very low stress, no money spent on gas or work clothes. – less
Good Co-workers and location
Facilities Manager (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: too much management and not enough workers
Great to work with co-workers, management needs to change. Too many managers.
Technology enhancing Clinical Documentation Improvement
Planning / Sales Support (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: technology on the cutting edge - the best in the business
Cons: hours spent doing administrative tasks - time & travel, travel expenses . . .
On the edge technology company - facilitating the marriage between Clinical Documentation Improvement and technology. Dynamic sales team - interested in proliferating the work and benefit of a partnership with Nuance.
great company doing interesting work
Speech Scientist / Business Analyst (Former Employee), Mahwah, NJJanuary 30, 2014
I spent many years parsing, analyzing, and reporting on user experience of interactive voice recognition software. I worked on a great team and learned about everything from text parsing, perl scripting, SQL, and using MS Office and other tools to report on findings.

1 2 3

About Nuance

Nuance Communications, Inc. is the leading provider of voice and language solutions for businesses and consumers around the world. – Read more