Nuance Employee Reviews in Canada

Company Does Not Treat It's Employees Well
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCMay 18, 2016
This company is horrible! They pay their medical transcriptionists per minute of dictation which is the absolute worst way to pay your employees. If you have a fast dictator you could have a 3 minute report that is 10X as long as a slow dictator dictating a 3 minute report. Recently, they have required all their medical transcriptionists to sign contracts where they must transcribe 400 minutes of dictation per week. This translates into a full-time job so if you don't want full-time don't bother with this company. The new contracts forced all their hardworking and perfectly qualified part-time transcriptionists to quit.
Pros
Working from home is always an asset
Cons
No part-time and extremely low pay
Nuance Review
Ingénieur Assurance Qualité - QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 8, 2016
good, large company handling a big money flow.
collegues and managers are nice.
peacefull work environment
low level of competitivity between employers
High Tech but Poor Execution
Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 26, 2015
Nuance will make you work with both the best and the worse people you'll ever meet.

The technology and the research behind the speech recognition engine is extremely smart. The people behind it are some of the brightest in the business. This is where the fun resides.

Unfortunately, the management leading this is very sub-par. Poor vision, focused on the short term. From budgets to staffing to product strategy...all of it goes through an extremely diligent screening process only to be tossed the window at the first quarter that numbers aren't favorable. There is no long term strategy to improve the internal product line...only to acquire new sellable products and shoehorn them in the portfolio.

It also does not matter if the product bought will work with a long term strategy. It will get get shoehorned.

Typical release of products is either extremely short (making you wonder how it was developed and tested) or extremely long (making you wonder if the staff needed to execute fit the expectations) but none of the projects get delivered on-time.

For your career's sake, avoid this place. It's unfortunate because it could be a gem...but it only is a polished rock.
Pros
Vacation, Downtown Office
Cons
Extremely political, management performance is a dice roll, short term vision, high attrition level
Horrible Company to work for
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONOctober 26, 2015
Everyday is a challenge even to come into work. No work life balance, managers who couldn't manage their way out of a wet paper bag. No concrete policies or procedures. No positive re-enforcement. Run....
Fun working and Foosball tournaments
QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QCSeptember 11, 2015
Great team
best place for work and learning
Fantastic Atmosphere
Good Management
Team work is good
Learnt French at work and used for language testing
Pros
Free Intern parties
Cons
Internship was only 4 months
Excellent place to work
Analyst, Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONSeptember 7, 2015
Excellent place to work

Employees are well respected and is very professional

The only thing is, its very hard to get any type of promotion.
Benefits
Cons
Hours
Fast Paced
Customer Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 24, 2015
Tough, fast paced environment. Really good people work in the tech department. I enjoyed my time working there. Perfection is key, and the business is intense. Not for everybody
Good salary with No job security
Sr. QA Engineer (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 25, 2015
Good salary with No job security. This company does not care about their employees, all the managers and directors are working on project deadlines. They don't even care about the employees, most of the time they don't even remember their names.

They keep replacing, hiring and firing employees as if it is a normal activity. You will see managers running around, from one meeting to another (telephone conversations). So they will take all your good work but if you ask for personal time off they might even fire you.
Challenging work, always learning.
Medical Language Specialist (Current Employee) –  Home,May 24, 2015
I am able to set my own hours and for the most part, enjoy my new career. I am very fortunate to have a Team Lead that has invested a lot of time in me and I have gained a lot of knowledge from this company as well as experience. The most difficult thing about this job has been the technical difficulties. I love doing this work as I am excited to be part of health care and assisting in providing the best health care possible for the patients.
Pros
I am able to dictate my own hours.
Cons
There is not always available work.
Interesting place to work, budget challenges
Senior Manager Mobility Operations (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 28, 2015
Interesting place to work. Budget challenges restricting progress on strategic initiatives. It has great technology and great people.
You work with very experienced and knowledgeable people
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONApril 8, 2015
People are the best part of the job.
If you just starting, you will receive lots of support and your skills will improve very fast.
Job security wasn't great there.
Pros
People
Cons
Job security
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 2, 2015
I like the flexibility of being able to work when I want to work. I like the user friendly platform, but with that being said, I wish they paid more.

I enjoy my work day and everyone that I work with is fabulous.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
low pay
Good
Contracted Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Halifax, Nova ScotiaNovember 16, 2014
Busy. Great learning environment. Some difficult co-workers. Hardest part dealing with negative attitudes of some staff. Most enjoyable; working with patients and their families.
Voice recognition and Telephony meets at Nuance
Intermediate support engineer (Current Employee) –  Downtown MontrealJune 12, 2014
I had the chance to learn about an exclusive technology: voice recognition.
Add this to telephony systems and two worlds merge: telecom and IT.

IT and telecom are becoming more and more linked these days and I had the chance to be part of this new era.
Pros
flexible schedule
Pretty bad company
Solutions Analyst (Former Employee) –  WaterlooJune 17, 2013
I did 2 months of training for their software. Ended up doing bench calls. Nothing else. Was not given any other work that I was trained for. I was let go after 5 months. No warning.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Good Env to work
QA (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 22, 2013
not organized
no team work
lack of advanced management
the benefit is good
Teaches how to communicate effectively over the phone
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  TorontoNovember 19, 2012
Basically taking inbound and outbound calls to customers mainly in North America
Pros
independent work flow
Cons
commission structure not very rewarding
Productive and welcoming workplace.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 17, 2012
After being debriefed by my supervisor about the tasks of the day, I would get to work on my computer. The supervisor and other employees were very helpful in teaching me new skills and enlightening me to how it is to work in a professional setting. The people were personable and productive.
Very dynamic company, things chage fast, watch out.
Senior Sotware Engineer (Current Employee) –  MontrealJune 25, 2012
Good salary, great benefits, 4 weeks of vacation by default. Cool technologies, nice and quiet environment.
Smart people,
rational management - they also make tough business decisions easy ( you know what I mean ...).
Pros
fun to work, a lot of new stuff
Cons
see summary
le travail chez nuance
Chef d'équipe (Current Employee) –  Tunis, ONNovember 29, 2014
emplacement de nuance et parfait (au bord de la mer) les opportunités de développement très limiter comme le pays d’ailleurs ,cote management moyen les collaborateurs ne sont pas motiver l'aspect agréable de se poste c'est de voir le travail fini a la perfection par contre il y a des soucis cote collaborateurs ,absence non justifier travail mal soigner manque de concentration....
Pros
la liberter
Cons
pas daventage en nature