Nuance

Nuance Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good salary with No job security
Sr. QA Engineer (Contract) (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMay 25, 2015
Good salary with No job security. This company does not care about their employees, all the managers and directors are working on project deadlines. They don't even care about the employees, most of the – more... time they don't even remember their names.

They keep replacing, hiring and firing employees as if it is a normal activity. You will see managers running around, from one meeting to another (telephone conversations). So they will take all your good work but if you ask for personal time off they might even fire you. – less
Challenging work, always learning.
Medical Language Specialist (Current Employee), Home,May 24, 2015
Pros: I am able to dictate my own hours.
Cons: There is not always available work.
I am able to set my own hours and for the most part, enjoy my new career. I am very fortunate to have a Team Lead that has invested a lot of time in me and I have gained a lot of knowledge from this company – more... as well as experience. The most difficult thing about this job has been the technical difficulties. I love doing this work as I am excited to be part of health care and assisting in providing the best health care possible for the patients. – less
Interesting place to work, budget challenges
Senior Manager Mobility Operations (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 28, 2015
Interesting place to work. Budget challenges restricting progress on strategic initiatives. It has great technology and great people.
You work with very experienced and knowledgeable people
Software Developer (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONApril 8, 2015
Pros: People
Cons: Job security
People are the best part of the job.
If you just starting, you will receive lots of support and your skills will improve very fast.
Job security wasn't great there.
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 2, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: low pay
I like the flexibility of being able to work when I want to work. I like the user friendly platform, but with that being said, I wish they paid more.

I enjoy my work day and everyone that I work with is fabulous.
Good
Contracted Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Halifax, Nova ScotiaNovember 16, 2014
Busy. Great learning environment. Some difficult co-workers. Hardest part dealing with negative attitudes of some staff. Most enjoyable; working with patients and their families.
Voice recognition and Telephony meets at Nuance
Intermediate support engineer (Current Employee), Downtown MontrealJune 12, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
I had the chance to learn about an exclusive technology: voice recognition.
Add this to telephony systems and two worlds merge: telecom and IT.

IT and telecom are becoming more and more linked these days and I had the chance to be part of this new era.
Pretty bad company
Solutions Analyst (Former Employee), WaterlooJune 17, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
I did 2 months of training for their software. Ended up doing bench calls. Nothing else. Was not given any other work that I was trained for. I was let go after 5 months. No warning.
Good Env to work
QA (Current Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 22, 2013
not organized
no team work
lack of advanced management
the benefit is good
Teaches how to communicate effectively over the phone
Account Manager (Current Employee), TorontoNovember 19, 2012
Pros: independent work flow
Cons: commission structure not very rewarding
Basically taking inbound and outbound calls to customers mainly in North America
Productive and welcoming workplace.
Internship (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 17, 2012
After being debriefed by my supervisor about the tasks of the day, I would get to work on my computer. The supervisor and other employees were very helpful in teaching me new skills and enlightening me to how it is to work in a professional setting. The people were personable and productive.
Very dynamic company, things chage fast, watch out.
Senior Sotware Engineer (Current Employee), MontrealJune 25, 2012
Pros: fun to work, a lot of new stuff
Cons: see summary
Good salary, great benefits, 4 weeks of vacation by default. Cool technologies, nice and quiet environment.
Smart people,
rational management - they also make tough business decisions easy ( you know what I mean ...).
le travail chez nuance
Chef d'équipe (Current Employee), Tunis, ONNovember 29, 2014
Pros: la liberter
Cons: pas daventage en nature
emplacement de nuance et parfait (au bord de la mer) les opportunités de développement très limiter comme le pays d’ailleurs ,cote management moyen les collaborateurs ne sont pas motiver l'aspect agréable de se poste c'est de voir le travail fini a la perfection par contre il y a des soucis cote collaborateurs ,absence non justifier travail mal soigner manque de concentration....
Headquarters