NTT DATA Employee Reviews

Get out after one year from this managed service company
Senior Web Operation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS5 July 2014
Good place for learning but not good for benefits, work life balance. Stressful job due to clients
Cons
Salary freeze, low benefits
Challenging work environment
Principal Consultant - QA Test Lead (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS10 May 2014
I am currently a Test Lead at NTT Data. I have grown from being a developer to being a test lead on the Quality Assurance testing team.
My co-workers are amazing and great to work with.
The most challenging part of my job is balancing the client's expectations with the amount of work that's possible to complete by my team.
Highly trained IT Consultant
Sr. IT Consultant Desktop Escalation (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 April 2014
I am a highly trained IT Consultant Specializing in physical and virtualized environments, hosted services and applications used in the IT enterprise sector I have strong technical skills a excellent problem solver and innovative thinker that is able to communicate effectively. I am very motivated and work well within groups or individually. I would like to hold a challenging position with a progressive company that will effectively utilize my acquired expertise and experience.
horrible place to work
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS22 April 2014
no work/life balance. My manager told me I will be on Overnight shift (12 am to 8 am)for 4 months but once they put me on overnight shift, they never changed it. Same for most of the night employees. Some were working for years on that shift with no change. Lot of people quit at that time. Management is super terrible. They behave like you are their slave. only good thing I found here is co-workers. they are really helpful.
hardest part: too much pressure most of the times. since it's a 3rd party company, they want to save money. So they dont hire as many people they need that make the other employees life horrible.
I didnt find anything enjoyable at this place. didnot really learn much here.
It's a place where people come and go like a shopping center. It may be good for entry level people or new immigrants but not good for experienced people.
Pros
discount on some professional courses in dalhousie university
Cons
terrible management, terrible HR, no respect
No work/life balance
L4/L3 Architect (Current Employee) –  Halifax10 April 2014
There will be much more better places to work than NTTD. Definitely no work/life balance. Though the team is good but lot of work.
Cons
No work/life balance
Good for a short while
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS12 February 2014
Easy to get trapped. Hard to get ahead. Some project managers h=good while some managers were too easy to please client making life rough for developers. Every project is like a different company.
Pros
Work-life balance, easy going atmosphere.
Cons
Some managers to0 easy to please client making life rough for developers.
Horrible Employer. Stay away from them
Senior Developer (Former Employee) –  Halifax Nova Scotia1 October 2013
Where to begin.....

Formerly know as Keane, but change in name through owners only. The policies of dealing with employees is now worse then before.

Person who recommended me to the company got ripped off by them and did not receive recommendation bonus.

I did not receive 15000 in recommendation bonuses due to me for recruiting of others.

The job I was hired for was nothing like the job I ended up being appointed to. I was hired to be a team lead, and instead found out after hiring that in fact I was not. I functioned as the team lead, but my title was far lesser.

Was forced to work long hours with no overtime pay, and told to work through lunch in order to get work done. The official reason they fired me was that supposedly I worked lunch hours, which is against company policy, so that was the reason they let me go. BS to the max.

They mislead their clients horribly, which myself and other employees had major professional objections to.

Internal politics amongst managers borders on insane. Often it prevented actual work from being done properly for clients.

I was fired for actually doing my job. I was asked to save a client money, and I figured out a way to save them 3 million dollars. The Employer fired me two days before the client showed up at the Halifax office so that I would not be able to talk to the client or explain any of these options to the client.

When confronted by my manager over this I sent them a letter offering to resign from the position. The next morning they refuse the resignation and fired me instead on cooked up BS.

They
  more... would give no reason for the dismissal on the EOR which prevented me collecting any benefits or appealing it. Attempts to contact upper management and advise them of the situation was rebuffed and ignored.

The management were power mad and horribly planners. They often made poor choices that painfully impacted employees.

Employees were not well treated. Many were let go with no reason or compensation. Two that I knew had to sue the company to get their pay.

I definitely do not recommend working for this company, or if you have to make plans not to stay there.

Speaking as someone who has been in Senior level management at other companies (including my own) I cannot in good conscience recommend working for this employer.

BE WARNED
Pros
Cons
Long hours, poor management, Employees kept in fear
Good Company
Intermediate Unix Administrator (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS7 June 2013
co-workers are good. Scope to learn many things. Worked in many technologies which I have learn during the work
Pros
job security
Cons
Good people to work with. Lots of opportunity to learn
Consultant / Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS5 June 2013
I've not been here long, but so far I quiet like it. My team is very good and lovely to work with. Everyone is friendly and willing to help. Management (those who've I've met) are very helpful and good at motivating staff.
Pros
Free coffee! Lots of opportunities to learn.
Cons
Orientation is a bit weak.
A respectful work place where you meet the balance between life and work
Enterprise Computing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS1 June 2013
* a typical day of work will have a number of meeting with the client, resolved escalated tickets and work on upcoming release.

* i learned how to gain the trust of the client and your peers.

* management was great. it never felt like they were my managers, Instead we worked like a team and respected each other.

* I had the best c-workers there at NTT Data. They were extremely helpful, dedicated and never felt tired answering my questions and helping me out.

* on-call support

* flexibility , work life balance, and freedom
Pros
flexibility, work life balance and freedom
Cons
job security
Overall Good
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Markham10 February 2013
Flexible work hours, Understanding, Work-life balance is hard to reach. Working with client Shoppers Drug Mart.
Efficient & enjoyable workplace with a good team
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  HALIFAX10 October 2012
Working with NTT Data was really a learning experience especially with Team work & also working as a individual.All of the staff with other departments were extremely helpful in tackling a situation whether it concerned with the HR dept or other technical department.
There is scopes to learn
L-2 support analyst (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS2 July 2012
I've learned various applications through out my working period.
Pros
there is enough chances to educate yourself, learn new tools