NTT DATA Employee Reviews

Get out after one year from this managed service company
Senior Web Operation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS5 July 2014
Good place for learning but not good for benefits, work life balance. Stressful job due to clients
Cons
Salary freeze, low benefits
No work/life balance
L4/L3 Architect (Current Employee) –  Halifax10 April 2014
There will be much more better places to work than NTTD. Definitely no work/life balance. Though the team is good but lot of work.
Cons
No work/life balance
Good Company
Intermediate Unix Administrator (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS7 June 2013
co-workers are good. Scope to learn many things. Worked in many technologies which I have learn during the work
Pros
job security
Cons
There is scopes to learn
L-2 support analyst (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS2 July 2012
I've learned various applications through out my working period.
Pros
there is enough chances to educate yourself, learn new tools
Friendly people
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 August 2014
I was there for a short contract, but even in that brief period, I was given good work to do, and was offered a lot of help and support.
Overall Good
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Markham10 February 2013
Flexible work hours, Understanding, Work-life balance is hard to reach. Working with client Shoppers Drug Mart.
Poor worklife balance. No support from management or HR
Principle Consultant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS16 January 2015
I consider myself an experienced, well traveled IT professional, I have worked across this country and US. Hours are rediculous when you are a senior consultant. No paid overtime. Working late every day. Working off hours. Don't know your schedule till cleint tells you when you work. Can't plan anything outside of work. High expectations. Management have no idea what work output employees are doing in Halifax office. Management and HR are puppets to client. No backbone whatsoever. Don't expect any support from management. Salary is ok, but there's no room whatso ever to grow. No bonuses. No raises. No ladder to climb... it doesn't exist no matter how good you are at your job. Might be fine if you are starting out and have never worked for a decent canadian company. Such a shame. I worked there 3 years. My first year bonus was a $20 gift certificate from Walmart. I can't highlight how bad the hours and worklife balance is working for their client in the US. Stay away from this place unless you are inexperienced and looking for a sweatshop mentality. I quit due to poor hours without a new job lined up. Imagine that. Then I had my first experience with HR dept in Halifax. What a bunch of idiots. They were very unprofessional. That's how bad this place is. Hoping there is a better company to work for in Halifax. People on my technical Halifax team are fine and ok to work with. Management are clueless. They stay quiet as long as the contract obligations are met. Client said THANKS once while I worked there. Expectations are not realistic. If you are employed elsewhere stay  more... away from this place. Peace.  less
Pros
casual dress code.
Cons
poor worklife balance. long hours unpaid.
Horrible Employer. Stay away from them
Senior Developer (Former Employee) –  Halifax Nova Scotia1 October 2013
Where to begin.....

Formerly know as Keane, but change in name through owners only. The policies of dealing with employees is now worse then before.

Person who recommended me to the company got ripped off by them and did not receive recommendation bonus.

I did not receive 15000 in recommendation bonuses due to me for recruiting of others.

The job I was hired for was nothing like the job I ended up being appointed to. I was hired to be a team lead, and instead found out after hiring that in fact I was not. I functioned as the team lead, but my title was far lesser.

Was forced to work long hours with no overtime pay, and told to work through lunch in order to get work done. The official reason they fired me was that supposedly I worked lunch hours, which is against company policy, so that was the reason they let me go. BS to the max.

They mislead their clients horribly, which myself and other employees had major professional objections to.

Internal politics amongst managers borders on insane. Often it prevented actual work from being done properly for clients.

I was fired for actually doing my job. I was asked to save a client money, and I figured out a way to save them 3 million dollars. The Employer fired me two days before the client showed up at the Halifax office so that I would not be able to talk to the client or explain any of these options to the client.

When confronted by my manager over this I sent them a letter offering to resign from the position. The next morning they refuse the resignation and fired me instead on cooked up BS.

They
  more... would give no reason for the dismissal on the EOR which prevented me collecting any benefits or appealing it. Attempts to contact upper management and advise them of the situation was rebuffed and ignored.

The management were power mad and horribly planners. They often made poor choices that painfully impacted employees.

Employees were not well treated. Many were let go with no reason or compensation. Two that I knew had to sue the company to get their pay.

I definitely do not recommend working for this company, or if you have to make plans not to stay there.

Speaking as someone who has been in Senior level management at other companies (including my own) I cannot in good conscience recommend working for this employer.

BE WARNED
Pros
Cons
Long hours, poor management, Employees kept in fear