NTT DATA Employee Reviews

Run the other way
Commercial Plans Advisor (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS23 January 2017
I interviewed for the role of Commercial Plans Advisor in August 2016.I started in September 2016. The Senior Manager, BPO stated we would be working for a long time client that just entered into a new contract for Call Centre Services. She told me this client was amazing to work with. I suffered from major technical problems during my first two weeks on the phone. The client listened to my first call and the feedback I recieved was I was too slow and the team lead needed to coach me to speed up. FIRST CALL. They continued to provide feedback that was petty and more personal than constructive.In December, the client requested that I be pulled off the phone for more training. The BPO Team Lead told me I would be back on the phones after the additional training. I sat and watched others do the job for 2.5 weeks. No additional training. During this time, they asked me to run the Christmas food drive. At the end of the 2.5 weeks, I was not put on the phones, I was brought down to the 3rd floor and terminated. This was one week before Christmas. and a few days before my 90 days. I left a job to work here because the Senior BPO Manager told me how great it was going to be. We started out as a class of 17 and there are only 10 left.
Pros
Worked 9-6 Monday to Friday0No Saturday
Cons
The feedback on job performance was personal
One of the best companies I have worked for.
Senior Network Analyst (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS20 January 2017
I find their attention to cultures and the employee's health and wellbeing refreshing. Most large corporations only give lip service to such things but NTT Data means it and they will do what they can to help you maintain a work/life balance that fits you. The salary is appropriate but I would encourage you not to be shy when first negotiating as increases after hiring are hard to get.
Pros
They really are good at work/life balance and are reasonable
Cons
Slow at moving on things promised (I find this at most corporations)
productive way to enhance your career
Infrastructure Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS30 December 2016
Work place is very good to start with and management is very much inline with employees and work towards their welfare. Give importance to everyone with desired responses.
Great workplace, but no job security.
Security Consultant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS29 December 2016
I worked for NTT Data for just under a year. It is a wonderful company to work for. Everyone on the NTT team are great and really try to help each other out.

I was "laid off" by the client which they gave the reason of "Not a good fit for the team anymore". NTT Data had no other opportunities for me to pursue so I ended up with no job, no explanation why I got let go, and the actual company I worked for, didn't want to let me go.
Pros
Benifits from day 1 & free career development trainging.
Cons
Comany has no control over your position = no job security.
hardworking , productive
Networking Senior Analyser (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS22 December 2016
Network Senior Analyser, you have to work as a member of a Network Senior Analyser team. It depends on what kind of project you work. Generally , it is a lot to do
Pathetic cimpany to start your career.Do Not expect any support if you are a new comer.
Bpo (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS29 November 2016
I would never advise someone to work for this stupid firm where people are only kept if you have good relations even if you donot possess any skills. No support from the management to make this place a better place to work.But is a real good place to work if you have a politically sound mind to play those idiotic games...Bloody racists.
Sleeping management.worthless and baseless talks.
Pros
No pros only cons
Cons
Cannot be described in one word
Job Security - Fair Pay
Oracle Developer (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS4 October 2016
Come to work, not knowing whether you will leave at 5pm or 10pm.
Peers are great, experienced although the team is across the world.
Downtown Halifax is expensive to park, and traffic is terrible.
I really enjoy the office, lots of natural light.
Cons
Long Hours
Learning and teaching new things
Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Halifax Regional Municipality, NS29 September 2016
I work with a professional team where I can teach and help others to expand their skills. I have the opportunity to develop my own skills.
Pros
Training.
Cons
Unpaid oncall but not regularly
Amazing company to work for
Junior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 March 2016
Very good company .
Good work life balance . Interesting projects to work for .
The colleagues were very nice and helpful . Would want to work for a similar company.
Pros
Good Benefits
NTT should be NTN (No Talent Needed)
Infrastructure Product Support Group - L1 (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS17 March 2016
It started off as a great place until I met my managers, coworkers and clients. Terrible environment and a level of work that a trained monkey could do. NOT AN IT JOB
Pros
Employee Benefits from day 1
Cons
Long work days with not alot to do and never a full weekend off
Fun place to work for
NOC Analyst (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS14 March 2016
Nice workplace
Great colleagues
Lot to learn
A great place to develop your skills
Amazing work environment
A great environment to learn the nuances of testing
learning alongside work.
Sr. Executive (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 February 2016
It has been a very smooth experience with NTT. Management has always been with us. co-workers were very supportive. Regular fun activities were conducted to lessen the work pressure.
Fun workplace with young and ambitious crew
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 December 2015
Fun workplace with young and ambitious crew, very intense environment but you learn something every day. Learned how to manage relationship on both sides: clients and candidates. Management is friendly and supportive, willing to help with everything at any time. The most enjoyable part of the job was someone's placement that everyone takes as his own achievement.
Fun in consultation
Sr. Dev DBA/ Application Testing/ Developer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS23 September 2015
Working in NTT DATA is a totally different experience that you cannot get in working for a company. In NTT DATA you work with different clients who have different needs. In consultation it gives you more capabilities to solve more problems.
Pros
More experience in managing and solving different problems.
NTTData is great place to work.
Network Analyst (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS18 September 2015
NTTData is great place to work as it has group of individuals who follow high degree of professionalism.
A typical day at NTTData is engaging peers for problem resolution and provide status updates on the tasks assigned to the managers.
Pros
Educational and Tution benefits
IT Security Analyst
IT Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS12 May 2015
Good environment
Low salary range
Not for improve career
good for fresher
overall its meets the satisfactory for fresher people not for experienced people
Liked the work culture only
Level 2 Banking Application Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Halifax23 January 2015
Liked the work culture only.There are not many options. Co-workers are helpful. Management is not bad. Salary is very very below grade. Employees are not at all happy with the salary.
Poor worklife balance. No support from management or HR
Principle Consultant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS16 January 2015
I consider myself an experienced, well traveled IT professional, I have worked across this country and US. Hours are rediculous when you are a senior consultant. No paid overtime. Working late every day. Working off hours. Don't know your schedule till cleint tells you when you work. Can't plan anything outside of work. High expectations. Management have no idea what work output employees are doing in Halifax office. Management and HR are puppets to client. No backbone whatsoever. Don't expect any support from management. Salary is ok, but there's no room whatso ever to grow. No bonuses. No raises. No ladder to climb... it doesn't exist no matter how good you are at your job. Might be fine if you are starting out and have never worked for a decent canadian company. Such a shame. I worked there 3 years. My first year bonus was a $20 gift certificate from Walmart. I can't highlight how bad the hours and worklife balance is working for their client in the US. Stay away from this place unless you are inexperienced and looking for a sweatshop mentality. I quit due to poor hours without a new job lined up. Imagine that. Then I had my first experience with HR dept in Halifax. What a bunch of idiots. They were very unprofessional. That's how bad this place is. Hoping there is a better company to work for in Halifax. People on my technical Halifax team are fine and ok to work with. Management are clueless. They stay quiet as long as the contract obligations are met. Client said THANKS once while I worked there. Expectations are not realistic. If you are employed elsewhere stay  more... away from this place. Peace.  less
Pros
casual dress code.
Cons
poor worklife balance. long hours unpaid.
Too little incentive to too much expectation
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS17 October 2014
Horrible workplace. Good colleagues but bad management. Low salary that never rises with increasing responsibilities. Spotty training, sometimes almost non-existent. May be a good start for juniors but horrible for seniors.

On 24/7 call one week in three and expect no mercy if you miss even one call. No performance incentives, no salary changes, no bonuses.

This place is a glorified work-house. My review can't be negative enough.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Little time for life outside work. Bad compensation.
Friendly people
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 August 2014
I was there for a short contract, but even in that brief period, I was given good work to do, and was offered a lot of help and support.