NTT DATA Employee Reviews in Canada

Amazing company to work for
Junior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 31, 2016
Very good company .
Good work life balance . Interesting projects to work for .
The colleagues were very nice and helpful . Would want to work for a similar company.
Pros
Good Benefits
NTT should be NTN (No Talent Needed)
Infrastructure Product Support Group - L1 (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSMarch 17, 2016
It started off as a great place until I met my managers, coworkers and clients. Terrible environment and a level of work that a trained monkey could do. NOT AN IT JOB
Pros
Employee Benefits from day 1
Cons
Long work days with not alot to do and never a full weekend off
NTTData is great place to work.
Network Analyst (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSSeptember 18, 2015
NTTData is great place to work as it has group of individuals who follow high degree of professionalism.
A typical day at NTTData is engaging peers for problem resolution and provide status updates on the tasks assigned to the managers.
Pros
Educational and Tution benefits
Fun workplace with great people
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSAugust 22, 2016
I was a student intern in charge of completing a only calendar used by police volunteers for neighborhood watch. I also developed a search suggestion feature that was to be used on a resign of the city websites.
Fun workplace with young and ambitious crew
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 17, 2015
Fun workplace with young and ambitious crew, very intense environment but you learn something every day. Learned how to manage relationship on both sides: clients and candidates. Management is friendly and supportive, willing to help with everything at any time. The most enjoyable part of the job was someone's placement that everyone takes as his own achievement.
learning alongside work.
Sr. Executive (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 7, 2016
It has been a very smooth experience with NTT. Management has always been with us. co-workers were very supportive. Regular fun activities were conducted to lessen the work pressure.
Too little incentive to too much expectation
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSOctober 17, 2014
Horrible workplace. Good colleagues but bad management. Low salary that never rises with increasing responsibilities. Spotty training, sometimes almost non-existent. May be a good start for juniors but horrible for seniors.

On 24/7 call one week in three and expect no mercy if you miss even one call. No performance incentives, no salary changes, no bonuses.

This place is a glorified work-house. My review can't be negative enough.
Pros
good people
Cons
little time for life outside work. bad compensation.
Very disappointed with compensation
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSAugust 4, 2014
I worked for 5 years in this company, but very disappointed with compensation. Once you joined the company, you will work for one particular Client. Client requirements are too high, because they are paying lot of money to this company. But this company will pay you very less money for too much work.

This company is only good for newcomers, not for experienced professionals. Please think twice before joining this company. Your designation will not change. I started as a Consultant and left the company as Consultant. Forget about any senior position.

Company has to review on there Salary structure and company should find out that, why many experienced professionals have resign from there position in last couple of years.

If you are silent fish and like to live in one pond without any more desire like to go for ocean water, then this is best place for you.
In orientation, you will get fish as a toy anyway, which you can put on your desk later on.

Thanks
Pros
high expectation
Cons
less salary
IT Security Analyst
IT Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSMay 12, 2015
Good environment
Low salary range
Not for improve career
good for fresher
overall its meets the satisfactory for fresher people not for experienced people
Fun place to work for
NOC Analyst (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSMarch 14, 2016
Nice workplace
Great colleagues
Lot to learn
A great place to develop your skills
Amazing work environment
A great environment to learn the nuances of testing
Liked the work culture only
Level 2 Banking Application Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  HalifaxJanuary 23, 2015
Liked the work culture only.There are not many options. Co-workers are helpful. Management is not bad. Salary is very very below grade. Employees are not at all happy with the salary.
Poor worklife balance. No support from management or HR
Principle Consultant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSJanuary 16, 2015
I consider myself an experienced, well traveled IT professional, I have worked across this country and US. Hours are rediculous when you are a senior consultant. No paid overtime. Working late every day. Working off hours. Don't know your schedule till cleint tells you when you work. Can't plan anything outside of work. High expectations. Management have no idea what work output employees are doing in Halifax office. Management and HR are puppets to client. No backbone whatsoever. Don't expect any support from management. Salary is ok, but there's no room whatso ever to grow. No bonuses. No raises. No ladder to climb... it doesn't exist no matter how good you are at your job. Might be fine if you are starting out and have never worked for a decent canadian company. Such a shame. I worked there 3 years. My first year bonus was a $20 gift certificate from Walmart. I can't highlight how bad the hours and worklife balance is working for their client in the US. Stay away from this place unless you are inexperienced and looking for a sweatshop mentality. I quit due to poor hours without a new job lined up. Imagine that. Then I had my first experience with HR dept in Halifax. What a bunch of idiots. They were very unprofessional. That's how bad this place is. Hoping there is a better company to work for in Halifax. People on my technical Halifax team are fine and ok to work with. Management are clueless. They stay quiet as long as the contract obligations are met. Client said THANKS once while I worked there. Expectations are not realistic. If you are employed elsewhere stay away from  more... this place. Peace.  less
Pros
casual dress code.
Cons
poor worklife balance. long hours unpaid.
A respectful work place where you meet the balance between life and work
Enterprise Computing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSJune 1, 2013
* a typical day of work will have a number of meeting with the client, resolved escalated tickets and work on upcoming release.

* i learned how to gain the trust of the client and your peers.

* management was great. it never felt like they were my managers, Instead we worked like a team and respected each other.

* I had the best c-workers there at NTT Data. They were extremely helpful, dedicated and never felt tired answering my questions and helping me out.

* on-call support

* flexibility , work life balance, and freedom
Pros
flexibility, work life balance and freedom
Cons
job security
Get out after one year from this managed service company
Senior Web Operation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSJuly 5, 2014
Good place for learning but not good for benefits, work life balance. Stressful job due to clients
Cons
salary freeze, low benefits
Fun in consultation
Sr. Dev DBA/ Application Testing/ Developer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSSeptember 23, 2015
Working in NTT DATA is a totally different experience that you cannot get in working for a company. In NTT DATA you work with different clients who have different needs. In consultation it gives you more capabilities to solve more problems.
Pros
More experience in managing and solving different problems.
horrible place to work
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSApril 22, 2014
no work/life balance. My manager told me I will be on Overnight shift (12 am to 8 am)for 4 months but once they put me on overnight shift, they never changed it. Same for most of the night employees. Some were working for years on that shift with no change. Lot of people quit at that time. Management is super terrible. They behave like you are their slave. only good thing I found here is co-workers. they are really helpful.
hardest part: too much pressure most of the times. since it's a 3rd party company, they want to save money. So they dont hire as many people they need that make the other employees life horrible.
I didnt find anything enjoyable at this place. didnot really learn much here.
It's a place where people come and go like a shopping center. It may be good for entry level people or new immigrants but not good for experienced people.
Pros
discount on some professional courses in dalhousie university
Cons
terrible management, terrible hr, no respect
Horrible Employer. Stay away from them
Senior Developer (Former Employee) –  Halifax Nova ScotiaOctober 1, 2013
Where to begin.....

Formerly know as Keane, but change in name through owners only. The policies of dealing with employees is now worse then before.

Person who recommended me to the company got ripped off by them and did not receive recommendation bonus.

I did not receive 15000 in recommendation bonuses due to me for recruiting of others.

The job I was hired for was nothing like the job I ended up being appointed to. I was hired to be a team lead, and instead found out after hiring that in fact I was not. I functioned as the team lead, but my title was far lesser.

Was forced to work long hours with no overtime pay, and told to work through lunch in order to get work done. The official reason they fired me was that supposedly I worked lunch hours, which is against company policy, so that was the reason they let me go. BS to the max.

They mislead their clients horribly, which myself and other employees had major professional objections to.

Internal politics amongst managers borders on insane. Often it prevented actual work from being done properly for clients.

I was fired for actually doing my job. I was asked to save a client money, and I figured out a way to save them 3 million dollars. The Employer fired me two days before the client showed up at the Halifax office so that I would not be able to talk to the client or explain any of these options to the client.

When confronted by my manager over this I sent them a letter offering to resign from the position. The next morning they refuse the resignation and fired me instead on cooked up BS.

They would give no reason
  more... for the dismissal on the EOR which prevented me collecting any benefits or appealing it. Attempts to contact upper management and advise them of the situation was rebuffed and ignored.

The management were power mad and horribly planners. They often made poor choices that painfully impacted employees.

Employees were not well treated. Many were let go with no reason or compensation. Two that I knew had to sue the company to get their pay.

I definitely do not recommend working for this company, or if you have to make plans not to stay there.

Speaking as someone who has been in Senior level management at other companies (including my own) I cannot in good conscience recommend working for this employer.

BE WARNED
Cons
long hours, poor management, employees kept in fear
Highly trained IT Consultant
Sr. IT Consultant Desktop Escalation (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 30, 2014
I am a highly trained IT Consultant Specializing in physical and virtualized environments, hosted services and applications used in the IT enterprise sector I have strong technical skills a excellent problem solver and innovative thinker that is able to communicate effectively. I am very motivated and work well within groups or individually. I would like to hold a challenging position with a progressive company that will effectively utilize my acquired expertise and experience.
Good for a short while
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSFebruary 12, 2014
Easy to get trapped. Hard to get ahead. Some project managers h=good while some managers were too easy to please client making life rough for developers. Every project is like a different company.
Pros
work-life balance, easy going atmosphere.
Cons
some managers to0 easy to please client making life rough for developers.
Good people to work with. Lots of opportunity to learn
Consultant / Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSJune 5, 2013
I've not been here long, but so far I quiet like it. My team is very good and lovely to work with. Everyone is friendly and willing to help. Management (those who've I've met) are very helpful and good at motivating staff.
Pros
free coffee! lots of opportunities to learn.
Cons
orientation is a bit weak.