NTT DATA Employee Reviews

Pathetic cimpany to start your career.Do Not expect any support if you are a new comer.
Bpo (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS29 November 2016
I would never advise someone to work for this stupid firm where people are only kept if you have good relations even if you donot possess any skills. No support from the management to make this place a better place to work.But is a real good place to work if you have a politically sound mind to play those idiotic games...Bloody racists.
Sleeping management.worthless and baseless talks.
Pros
No pros only cons
Cons
Cannot be described in one word
Job Security - Fair Pay
Oracle Developer (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS4 October 2016
Come to work, not knowing whether you will leave at 5pm or 10pm.
Peers are great, experienced although the team is across the world.
Downtown Halifax is expensive to park, and traffic is terrible.
I really enjoy the office, lots of natural light.
Cons
Long Hours
Learning and teaching new things
Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Halifax Regional Municipality, NS29 September 2016
I work with a professional team where I can teach and help others to expand their skills. I have the opportunity to develop my own skills.
Pros
Training.
Cons
Unpaid oncall but not regularly
Amazing company to work for
Junior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 March 2016
Very good company .
Good work life balance . Interesting projects to work for .
The colleagues were very nice and helpful . Would want to work for a similar company.
Pros
Good Benefits
NTT should be NTN (No Talent Needed)
Infrastructure Product Support Group - L1 (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS17 March 2016
It started off as a great place until I met my managers, coworkers and clients. Terrible environment and a level of work that a trained monkey could do. NOT AN IT JOB
Pros
Employee Benefits from day 1
Cons
Long work days with not alot to do and never a full weekend off
Fun place to work for
NOC Analyst (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS14 March 2016
Nice workplace
Great colleagues
Lot to learn
A great place to develop your skills
Amazing work environment
A great environment to learn the nuances of testing
learning alongside work.
Sr. Executive (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 February 2016
It has been a very smooth experience with NTT. Management has always been with us. co-workers were very supportive. Regular fun activities were conducted to lessen the work pressure.
Fun workplace with young and ambitious crew
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 December 2015
Fun workplace with young and ambitious crew, very intense environment but you learn something every day. Learned how to manage relationship on both sides: clients and candidates. Management is friendly and supportive, willing to help with everything at any time. The most enjoyable part of the job was someone's placement that everyone takes as his own achievement.
Fun in consultation
Sr. Dev DBA/ Application Testing/ Developer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS23 September 2015
Working in NTT DATA is a totally different experience that you cannot get in working for a company. In NTT DATA you work with different clients who have different needs. In consultation it gives you more capabilities to solve more problems.
Pros
More experience in managing and solving different problems.
NTTData is great place to work.
Network Analyst (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS18 September 2015
NTTData is great place to work as it has group of individuals who follow high degree of professionalism.
A typical day at NTTData is engaging peers for problem resolution and provide status updates on the tasks assigned to the managers.
Pros
Educational and Tution benefits
IT Security Analyst
IT Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS12 May 2015
Good environment
Low salary range
Not for improve career
good for fresher
overall its meets the satisfactory for fresher people not for experienced people
Liked the work culture only
Level 2 Banking Application Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Halifax23 January 2015
Liked the work culture only.There are not many options. Co-workers are helpful. Management is not bad. Salary is very very below grade. Employees are not at all happy with the salary.
Poor worklife balance. No support from management or HR
Principle Consultant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS16 January 2015
I consider myself an experienced, well traveled IT professional, I have worked across this country and US. Hours are rediculous when you are a senior consultant. No paid overtime. Working late every day. Working off hours. Don't know your schedule till cleint tells you when you work. Can't plan anything outside of work. High expectations. Management have no idea what work output employees are doing in Halifax office. Management and HR are puppets to client. No backbone whatsoever. Don't expect any support from management. Salary is ok, but there's no room whatso ever to grow. No bonuses. No raises. No ladder to climb... it doesn't exist no matter how good you are at your job. Might be fine if you are starting out and have never worked for a decent canadian company. Such a shame. I worked there 3 years. My first year bonus was a $20 gift certificate from Walmart. I can't highlight how bad the hours and worklife balance is working for their client in the US. Stay away from this place unless you are inexperienced and looking for a sweatshop mentality. I quit due to poor hours without a new job lined up. Imagine that. Then I had my first experience with HR dept in Halifax. What a bunch of idiots. They were very unprofessional. That's how bad this place is. Hoping there is a better company to work for in Halifax. People on my technical Halifax team are fine and ok to work with. Management are clueless. They stay quiet as long as the contract obligations are met. Client said THANKS once while I worked there. Expectations are not realistic. If you are employed elsewhere stay  more... away from this place. Peace.  less
Pros
casual dress code.
Cons
poor worklife balance. long hours unpaid.
Too little incentive to too much expectation
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS17 October 2014
Horrible workplace. Good colleagues but bad management. Low salary that never rises with increasing responsibilities. Spotty training, sometimes almost non-existent. May be a good start for juniors but horrible for seniors.

On 24/7 call one week in three and expect no mercy if you miss even one call. No performance incentives, no salary changes, no bonuses.

This place is a glorified work-house. My review can't be negative enough.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Little time for life outside work. Bad compensation.
Friendly people
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 August 2014
I was there for a short contract, but even in that brief period, I was given good work to do, and was offered a lot of help and support.
Very disappointed with compensation
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS4 August 2014
I worked for 5 years in this company, but very disappointed with compensation. Once you joined the company, you will work for one particular Client. Client requirements are too high, because they are paying lot of money to this company. But this company will pay you very less money for too much work.

This company is only good for newcomers, not for experienced professionals. Please think twice before joining this company. Your designation will not change. I started as a Consultant and left the company as Consultant. Forget about any senior position.

Company has to review on there Salary structure and company should find out that, why many experienced professionals have resign from there position in last couple of years.

If you are silent fish and like to live in one pond without any more desire like to go for ocean water, then this is best place for you.
In orientation, you will get fish as a toy anyway, which you can put on your desk later on.

Thanks
Pros
High Expectation
Cons
Less Salary
Get out after one year from this managed service company
Senior Web Operation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS5 July 2014
Good place for learning but not good for benefits, work life balance. Stressful job due to clients
Cons
Salary freeze, low benefits
Challenging work environment
Principal Consultant - QA Test Lead (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS10 May 2014
I am currently a Test Lead at NTT Data. I have grown from being a developer to being a test lead on the Quality Assurance testing team.
My co-workers are amazing and great to work with.
The most challenging part of my job is balancing the client's expectations with the amount of work that's possible to complete by my team.
Highly trained IT Consultant
Sr. IT Consultant Desktop Escalation (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 April 2014
I am a highly trained IT Consultant Specializing in physical and virtualized environments, hosted services and applications used in the IT enterprise sector I have strong technical skills a excellent problem solver and innovative thinker that is able to communicate effectively. I am very motivated and work well within groups or individually. I would like to hold a challenging position with a progressive company that will effectively utilize my acquired expertise and experience.
horrible place to work
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS22 April 2014
no work/life balance. My manager told me I will be on Overnight shift (12 am to 8 am)for 4 months but once they put me on overnight shift, they never changed it. Same for most of the night employees. Some were working for years on that shift with no change. Lot of people quit at that time. Management is super terrible. They behave like you are their slave. only good thing I found here is co-workers. they are really helpful.
hardest part: too much pressure most of the times. since it's a 3rd party company, they want to save money. So they dont hire as many people they need that make the other employees life horrible.
I didnt find anything enjoyable at this place. didnot really learn much here.
It's a place where people come and go like a shopping center. It may be good for entry level people or new immigrants but not good for experienced people.
Pros
discount on some professional courses in dalhousie university
Cons
terrible management, terrible HR, no respect