NTT DATA Employee Reviews

Great workplace, but no job security.
Security Consultant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS29 December 2016
I worked for NTT Data for just under a year. It is a wonderful company to work for. Everyone on the NTT team are great and really try to help each other out.

I was "laid off" by the client which they gave the reason of "Not a good fit for the team anymore". NTT Data had no other opportunities for me to pursue so I ended up with no job, no explanation why I got let go, and the actual company I worked for, didn't want to let me go.
Pros
Benifits from day 1 & free career development trainging.
Cons
Comany has no control over your position = no job security.
Pathetic cimpany to start your career.Do Not expect any support if you are a new comer.
Bpo (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS29 November 2016
I would never advise someone to work for this stupid firm where people are only kept if you have good relations even if you donot possess any skills. No support from the management to make this place a better place to work.But is a real good place to work if you have a politically sound mind to play those idiotic games...Bloody racists.
Sleeping management.worthless and baseless talks.
Pros
No pros only cons
Cons
Cannot be described in one word
productive way to enhance your career
Infrastructure Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS30 December 2016
Work place is very good to start with and management is very much inline with employees and work towards their welfare. Give importance to everyone with desired responses.
Job Security - Fair Pay
Oracle Developer (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS4 October 2016
Come to work, not knowing whether you will leave at 5pm or 10pm.
Peers are great, experienced although the team is across the world.
Downtown Halifax is expensive to park, and traffic is terrible.
I really enjoy the office, lots of natural light.
Cons
Long Hours
hardworking , productive
Networking Senior Analyser (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS22 December 2016
Network Senior Analyser, you have to work as a member of a Network Senior Analyser team. It depends on what kind of project you work. Generally , it is a lot to do
Learning and teaching new things
Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Halifax Regional Municipality, NS29 September 2016
I work with a professional team where I can teach and help others to expand their skills. I have the opportunity to develop my own skills.
Pros
Training.
Cons
Unpaid oncall but not regularly
Run the other way
Commercial Plans Advisor (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS23 January 2017
I interviewed for the role of Commercial Plans Advisor in August 2016.I started in September 2016. The Senior Manager, BPO stated we would be working for a long time client that just entered into a new contract for Call Centre Services. She told me this client was amazing to work with. I suffered from major technical problems during my first two weeks on the phone. The client listened to my first call and the feedback I recieved was I was too slow and the team lead needed to coach me to speed up. FIRST CALL. They continued to provide feedback that was petty and more personal than constructive.In December, the client requested that I be pulled off the phone for more training. The BPO Team Lead told me I would be back on the phones after the additional training. I sat and watched others do the job for 2.5 weeks. No additional training. During this time, they asked me to run the Christmas food drive. At the end of the 2.5 weeks, I was not put on the phones, I was brought down to the 3rd floor and terminated. This was one week before Christmas. and a few days before my 90 days. I left a job to work here because the Senior BPO Manager told me how great it was going to be. We started out as a class of 17 and there are only 10 left.
Pros
Worked 9-6 Monday to Friday0No Saturday
Cons
The feedback on job performance was personal
NTT should be NTN (No Talent Needed)
Infrastructure Product Support Group - L1 (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS17 March 2016
It started off as a great place until I met my managers, coworkers and clients. Terrible environment and a level of work that a trained monkey could do. NOT AN IT JOB
Pros
Employee Benefits from day 1
Cons
Long work days with not alot to do and never a full weekend off
Fun workplace with young and ambitious crew
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 December 2015
Fun workplace with young and ambitious crew, very intense environment but you learn something every day. Learned how to manage relationship on both sides: clients and candidates. Management is friendly and supportive, willing to help with everything at any time. The most enjoyable part of the job was someone's placement that everyone takes as his own achievement.
Amazing company to work for
Junior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 March 2016
Very good company .
Good work life balance . Interesting projects to work for .
The colleagues were very nice and helpful . Would want to work for a similar company.
Pros
Good Benefits
Fun place to work for
NOC Analyst (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS14 March 2016
Nice workplace
Great colleagues
Lot to learn
A great place to develop your skills
Amazing work environment
A great environment to learn the nuances of testing
learning alongside work.
Sr. Executive (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 February 2016
It has been a very smooth experience with NTT. Management has always been with us. co-workers were very supportive. Regular fun activities were conducted to lessen the work pressure.
Fun in consultation
Sr. Dev DBA/ Application Testing/ Developer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS23 September 2015
Working in NTT DATA is a totally different experience that you cannot get in working for a company. In NTT DATA you work with different clients who have different needs. In consultation it gives you more capabilities to solve more problems.
Pros
More experience in managing and solving different problems.
NTTData is great place to work.
Network Analyst (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS18 September 2015
NTTData is great place to work as it has group of individuals who follow high degree of professionalism.
A typical day at NTTData is engaging peers for problem resolution and provide status updates on the tasks assigned to the managers.
Pros
Educational and Tution benefits
Too little incentive to too much expectation
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS17 October 2014
Horrible workplace. Good colleagues but bad management. Low salary that never rises with increasing responsibilities. Spotty training, sometimes almost non-existent. May be a good start for juniors but horrible for seniors.

On 24/7 call one week in three and expect no mercy if you miss even one call. No performance incentives, no salary changes, no bonuses.

This place is a glorified work-house. My review can't be negative enough.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Little time for life outside work. Bad compensation.
Highly trained IT Consultant
Sr. IT Consultant Desktop Escalation (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 April 2014
I am a highly trained IT Consultant Specializing in physical and virtualized environments, hosted services and applications used in the IT enterprise sector I have strong technical skills a excellent problem solver and innovative thinker that is able to communicate effectively. I am very motivated and work well within groups or individually. I would like to hold a challenging position with a progressive company that will effectively utilize my acquired expertise and experience.
Cons
A respectful work place where you meet the balance between life and work
Enterprise Computing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS1 June 2013
* a typical day of work will have a number of meeting with the client, resolved escalated tickets and work on upcoming release.

* i learned how to gain the trust of the client and your peers.

* management was great. it never felt like they were my managers, Instead we worked like a team and respected each other.

* I had the best c-workers there at NTT Data. They were extremely helpful, dedicated and never felt tired answering my questions and helping me out.

* on-call support

* flexibility , work life balance, and freedom
Pros
flexibility, work life balance and freedom
Cons
job security
Challenging work environment
Principal Consultant - QA Test Lead (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS10 May 2014
I am currently a Test Lead at NTT Data. I have grown from being a developer to being a test lead on the Quality Assurance testing team.
My co-workers are amazing and great to work with.
The most challenging part of my job is balancing the client's expectations with the amount of work that's possible to complete by my team.
Good people to work with. Lots of opportunity to learn
Consultant / Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS5 June 2013
I've not been here long, but so far I quiet like it. My team is very good and lovely to work with. Everyone is friendly and willing to help. Management (those who've I've met) are very helpful and good at motivating staff.
Pros
Free coffee! Lots of opportunities to learn.
Cons
Orientation is a bit weak.
Good for a short while
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS12 February 2014
Easy to get trapped. Hard to get ahead. Some project managers h=good while some managers were too easy to please client making life rough for developers. Every project is like a different company.
Pros
Work-life balance, easy going atmosphere.
Cons
Some managers to0 easy to please client making life rough for developers.