NTT DATA Services Employee Reviews

Job Security - Fair Pay
Oracle Developer (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS4 October 2016
Come to work, not knowing whether you will leave at 5pm or 10pm.
Peers are great, experienced although the team is across the world.
Downtown Halifax is expensive to park, and traffic is terrible.
I really enjoy the office, lots of natural light.
Cons
Long Hours
Learning and teaching new things
Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Halifax Regional Municipality, NS29 September 2016
I work with a professional team where I can teach and help others to expand their skills. I have the opportunity to develop my own skills.
Pros
Training.
Cons
Unpaid oncall but not regularly
Nice Working place. Have freedom to explore
Principal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS8 August 2016
Nice co-workers.
Excellent medical benefits.
Management needs to improve a lot.
Work life balance is in your hand.
Less fun at work.
Very less opportunity for career advancement.
Pros
Medical benefits
Cons
Management need to improve a lot.
Productive and a good place to work
Senior Network Consultant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS3 June 2016
Pros
Provides professional, responsive customer service to inbound client calls, assisting clients with their immediate financial needs. This role typically receives 70-80 calls per day/shift while being seated for the full shift facing a computer.
Cons
A minimum of one year of client service; preferably 2-3 years in one position.Some experience working in a service environment where recommending products and services and/or sharing information to meet client’s needs is routine.
Some experience working in a sales environment where formal selling thresholds and targets are routine would be relevant.
Very good place for work life balance
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS25 April 2016
Unpredictable. I had two offers, one with NTT and another contract job for 18 months with double hourly rate than NTT. i chose NTT as it's a full time permanent. I relocated from west coast to east for the job. To my surprise, i was told i will have to go after 9 months as there is no budget from client.
Pros
Cons
Nothing to learn, unpredictable
good environment
Network\Voice Consultant (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS12 April 2016
technical and supportive environment along with the supper support of the other couliques.

one of the best experience of my life
Pros
good friends
Cons
ling long hours
Amazing company to work for
Junior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 March 2016
Very good company .
Good work life balance . Interesting projects to work for .
The colleagues were very nice and helpful . Would want to work for a similar company.
Pros
Good Benefits
Great work Environment
QA Consultant and Application Tester (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS29 March 2016
Great place to work. The co-workers are really knowledgeable. Great team environment. The Job and work life is greatly balanced.
Really look forward to going to work everyday.
NTT should be NTN (No Talent Needed)
Infrastructure Product Support Group - L1 (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS17 March 2016
It started off as a great place until I met my managers, coworkers and clients. Terrible environment and a level of work that a trained monkey could do. NOT AN IT JOB
Pros
Employee Benefits from day 1
Cons
Long work days with not alot to do and never a full weekend off
Fun place to work for
NOC Analyst (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS14 March 2016
Nice workplace
Great colleagues
Lot to learn
A great place to develop your skills
Amazing work environment
A great environment to learn the nuances of testing
learning alongside work.
Sr. Executive (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 February 2016
It has been a very smooth experience with NTT. Management has always been with us. co-workers were very supportive. Regular fun activities were conducted to lessen the work pressure.
Fun workplace with young and ambitious crew
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 December 2015
Fun workplace with young and ambitious crew, very intense environment but you learn something every day. Learned how to manage relationship on both sides: clients and candidates. Management is friendly and supportive, willing to help with everything at any time. The most enjoyable part of the job was someone's placement that everyone takes as his own achievement.
Tier 1 Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS13 November 2015
A very busy workload and at times was a bit stressful. People were great to work with and a small team, job required a lot of attention to detail.
Fun in consultation
Sr. Dev DBA/ Application Testing/ Developer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS23 September 2015
Working in NTT DATA is a totally different experience that you cannot get in working for a company. In NTT DATA you work with different clients who have different needs. In consultation it gives you more capabilities to solve more problems.
Pros
More experience in managing and solving different problems.
NTTData is great place to work.
Network Analyst (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS18 September 2015
NTTData is great place to work as it has group of individuals who follow high degree of professionalism.
A typical day at NTTData is engaging peers for problem resolution and provide status updates on the tasks assigned to the managers.
Pros
Educational and Tution benefits
IT Security Analyst
IT Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS12 May 2015
Good environment
Low salary range
Not for improve career
good for fresher
overall its meets the satisfactory for fresher people not for experienced people
Liked the work culture only
Level 2 Banking Application Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Halifax23 January 2015
Liked the work culture only.There are not many options. Co-workers are helpful. Management is not bad. Salary is very very below grade. Employees are not at all happy with the salary.
Poor worklife balance. No support from management or HR
Principle Consultant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS16 January 2015
I consider myself an experienced, well traveled IT professional, I have worked across this country and US. Hours are rediculous when you are a senior consultant. No paid overtime. Working late every day. Working off hours. Don't know your schedule till cleint tells you when you work. Can't plan anything outside of work. High expectations. Management have no idea what work output employees are doing in Halifax office. Management and HR are puppets to client. No backbone whatsoever. Don't expect any support from management. Salary is ok, but there's no room whatso ever to grow. No bonuses. No raises. No ladder to climb... it doesn't exist no matter how good you are at your job. Might be fine if you are starting out and have never worked for a decent canadian company. Such a shame. I worked there 3 years. My first year bonus was a $20 gift certificate from Walmart. I can't highlight how bad the hours and worklife balance is working for their client in the US. Stay away from this place unless you are inexperienced and looking for a sweatshop mentality. I quit due to poor hours without a new job lined up. Imagine that. Then I had my first experience with HR dept in Halifax. What a bunch of idiots. They were very unprofessional. That's how bad this place is. Hoping there is a better company to work for in Halifax. People on my technical Halifax team are fine and ok to work with. Management are clueless. They stay quiet as long as the contract obligations are met. Client said THANKS once while I worked there. Expectations are not realistic. If you are employed elsewhere stay  more... away from this place. Peace.  less
Pros
casual dress code.
Cons
poor worklife balance. long hours unpaid.
Everything is great until they don't need you.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Halifax1 December 2014
I was zeroed out and let go because they needed to save money on the project I built. Accused me of something that everyone does and fired me. They were breaking even on the project but wanted a profit so they let the person with the highest salary go.
Too little incentive to too much expectation
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS17 October 2014
Horrible workplace. Good colleagues but bad management. Low salary that never rises with increasing responsibilities. Spotty training, sometimes almost non-existent. May be a good start for juniors but horrible for seniors.

On 24/7 call one week in three and expect no mercy if you miss even one call. No performance incentives, no salary changes, no bonuses.

This place is a glorified work-house. My review can't be negative enough.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Little time for life outside work. Bad compensation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NTT DATA Services. Our community is ready to answer.

NTT DATA Services Reviews by Location