NSF International Employee Reviews

nice place to work
Laboratory Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MI30 November 2017
The building is beautiful and so are many of the people that work here. There is a pride in the facility as well as the work that is conducted here. I was a pleasure to work there and I would return if the right opportunity presented itself.
Pros
nice building and ammenities
Cons
really big parking lot with lots of stairs
Sweat shop
Sr. Developer/Tech Lead (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MI22 October 2017
Company loves try and buy type of employees. Management does not know what they want. Management does not have any time to spend with new employees and expects miracle.
Buen trabajo, buenas oportunidades
Prácticas Profesionales (Former Employee) –  Querétaro, Qro.9 October 2017
Excelente trabajo, buenas oportunidades laborales y de aprendizaje.
Pros
Capacidad de crecimiento
Cons
Falta cubrir algunos campos
Lack of Advancment
Corporate Key Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MI8 October 2017
This particular company is honestly good for gaining experience. The lack of growth and advancement is unbelievable. Additionally, the life work balance is poor.
Pros
401 K, Pto, Insurance, Good Experience
Cons
Lack of Growth, Poor Management
Not bad for an out of college job
Technician (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MI26 September 2017
Not the best place to work but good as a starter job. I wouldn't recommended working here as a career. Lack of responsibility and respect from management.
Pros
Can be flexible
Cons
management is terrible
Not Recommended for Employment
Chemist (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MI 4810524 September 2017
Low pay/no room for advancement, employees are not valued by senior management, cut throat culture. ...................................................
International experience was a plus
Global Lean Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MI13 September 2017
I worked with several international locations which was an excellent experience. Learning and gaining a better understanding of different cultures. The training that was developed and processes that were developed were in multiple languages.
Pros
International experience
Cons
Time zones
A growing company
Quality Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MI 4810514 August 2017
NSF International is a nice company to work for with good benefits. It was a nice place to work for. They were undergoing lots of changes and adjustments because of their growth.
Pros
Benefits, Holiday Parties, Vacation time
Cons
Growing too fast and not hiring to keep up.
Not a good place for go getters
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MI19 June 2017
A very bureaucratic organization lacking strong management. The status quo is expected to be maintained. They will tell you they need your help to change the culture then forbid you from doing anything new.
Pros
Free pop
Cons
Management hires their unqualified friends in crucial roles and punishes any pushback in the ranks
It could be so much better
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MI9 June 2017
NSF management operates in a vacuum. Employees are unable to be effective because pro activity is generally met with blindsided disclosure. There are some amazingly talented and intelligent people who work here, but they aren't necessarily in the right positions. Nepotism stifles most opportunities for upward mobility. The ceiling is low for most
Pros
free soda
Cons
a lot
Productive and get a lot of exposure
HR and Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stellenbosch19 May 2017
The company is a lot about the core values. I found that that same values need to be part of your personality, which are excellent. Therefor it was easy to form part of that culture due to my personality and the value I add to my personal life. I also find there are a lot of room for growth. It is a fast paste company and therefor you need always be on top of your game.
Pros
Exposure
Cons
No benefits
Not-for-profit public health company that is all about the "benjamin's"
Food Safety and Occupational Safety Auditor (Former Employee) –  Massachusetts22 February 2017
Worked in the auditing field for NSF in the Northeast for 5 years. Learned a great deal about food safety - although, not thru NSF but the clients in which the audits were conducted for. NSF believes in their promotion of public health aspects, but truth be told the company is all about profit. Remember, NSF states that they are a not-for-profit entity..they sure do fool a lot of people..and get away with it! I did have many memorable times with some of the other auditing team members, but management in Ann Arbor were a bunch of cut-throats with poor food safety skills and even poorer people skills. If you decide to be with this company..take my advice..get in and get out!
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long hours, poor culture, poor management, profit hungry environment
Terrible company
Microbiologist (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MI1 December 2016
The culture of this company is awful. Anybody in lower position than you will be rude and mean to you. Very stressful work environment with very low pay comapre to other places.
Believe the negative reviews
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MI4 November 2016
Started at NSF believing that I was beginning work at a forward-thinking not-for profit. Ended realizing that was was working for a growth-obsessed corporation that takes advantage of specifics of the 503c laws to promote itself as "not-[technically]-for-profit," when the spirit of the company could not be farther removed.

Dev team is mostly old-school tech; somewhat rigid environment. management issues a lot of mid-stream direction-changes. Very strong ties to off-shore dev and lots of leaning on contractual hires.
Pros
Nice building
Cons
overall environment, old-school tech, poor management
NSF - a good employer
Employee (Current Employee) –  UK based28 October 2016
I have been with NSF for a year now on their retail auditing team and have to say that their flexible approach to work patterns, the variety of clients they have and approachability of my team manager certainly makes this one of the best companies I have worked for.

Yes of course there is lots of work to do, but show me an employer where you get paid a decent wage for the qualifications I hold and given a new car every four years, for not working hard......anyone ? no, ?! At least with all the work, and a bit of coaching too if you want, and the chance to travel into Europe, it provides a variety of audits to do and a chance to visit lots of different clients too so its never boring.

There are those to don't get on well at NSF for various reason, there always will be, but there are also colleagues who have been here over 20 years, lots of them in fact and how often do you find that? but on the whole I have had a great year and don't intend on going anywhere else any time soon, the grass isn't greener elsewhere, I know, I've been on the other side of the fence, and its good within the NSF side of the fence for me.

I would be happy to recommend anyone join NSF, and I cant say that about many former employers. Cant wait for the Christmas party too, yes you get that aswell........ Happy Days.
Pros
Lots of variety and flexibility.
Cons
The Tax Man !!
Plenty of positive things about NSF
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Long Hanborough, Oxford28 October 2016
NSF is a good place to work. Yes there are areas to improve, but the willingness is there and there are plenty of great people that work at NSF to see that through
Pros
Charity events, free parking, Christmas party, good employee benefits
Poor management and unfair wages
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Oxford13 October 2016
If you are not an outspoken person and prepared to kiss butt and say yes to everything and take on more work without extra pay then you will fit in well in this company. Poor pay (unless you are clicky with management) and no pay scales in this company.... different salaries for same roles depending on how well you get on with your manager..
Stressful, unhappy place to work
Administrator (Former Employee) –  U.K.9 October 2016
Extremely poor management & unfreindly staff, very clicky & unhelpful.
Very pressured positions at all levels.....MONEY MONEY is all that matters, no real training. Expected to work a lot of hours for no reward & work from home (after hours) regularly, constantly looking for staff weakness' & ways to punish them for it rather than help them. Worst job I ever had & made me truly unhappy
Shaky Business Technique
Senior Technician/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MI8 August 2016
NSF is a good company when it comes to the job itself and the culture. However leadership is shaky and business direction is questionable.
Not enough balance and opportunity
Food Safety Representative (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MI7 July 2016
I learned a lot with NSF, and as a result I grew as a professional. However, there were not enough opportunities for advancement. I often worked over 50 hours a week, constantly provided quality work, developed new programs and ideas and was never promoted. There were many days I didn't even have time to each lunch.
Pros
Good benefits, generous PTO.
Cons
Very stressful, not enough pay for work locations and hours worked, poor work/life balance, limited opportunities for advancement, constantly working over 40 hours each week without overtime.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NSF International. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8